Today's DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Eve YouTuber

I truly love the game (And I think most can relate to this) There are stuff that still bothers me in today's DCUO. Stuff that can be worked on, should be worked on, etc. I'm a huge supporter of the game, I had my ups and downs with it, but overall I really love the game. I have a few things I want to mention that can maybe change how I and many other feels. Not because we have anything against the game, just we want to see it blooming and we want DCUO to stay to many years to come.

So here's a couple points I want to make, some I might have brought up in the past:
    • CR Skip - Please make it that if you're a new player, you have to reach End Game before
      you can skip another character. My opinion on it is that players miss on experience and various
      content of DCUO they could enjoy and become better players themselves.
    • Role System - Because I think the Messaging system was a great step, there's needs to be a simulation
      to explain how the roles system works. Like, How do you Troll? what does it mean to be a troll? Healer,
      Healer needs to keep the tank alive, so the tank can keep the group alive- so how do you do that - etc.
      I think this will be so great for new players and players who skipped content. It will make running content so much smoother and fun. This idea probably needs more information on it, but the community sure can help here and I'm sure the Devs will know what to do here.
    • Old Content - I have two suggestions I would like to make:
      1. Make old content (Episode 1 - 4 for example) free to play. It's old content and opening it might make people subscribe to play newer content. Just a thought.
      2. Attach new rewards and feats to older content. Make it worth it to run it again. Most people got it and don't want to touch the content anymore. So, adding to old content might help people run older content again.
    • New Market place items - if possible, to give us new base items, new base themes, new styles on market place, I know me and others will appreciate this. We won't stop opening capsules to get what we want obviously, but it will breath some life into the market place and people will gladly spend on it. I know I will.

I do want to point out some goods things aswell:
    • Messaging System Was a great idea and I'm sure very helpful for new players.
    • Developers are way more active on the forums. Discussing bugs and concerns, so much respect to this.
    • The Extra life streams are appreciated and are an amazing cause. So happy to see the community gets together for the kids & the Devs as well.
    • Personal point of view I am having fun discussing matters on the forums and I think people are really nice and constructive, while bringing their points of views and I respect and appreciate it. Makes one feel like apart of the community. And may there be naysayers - I think our community is great when ignoring the bad seeds.
    • New models and anything the Devs do to improve the graphics on this old engine is appreciated. I know in most cases not everyone agree on how some models look-and some still despise the graphics, but I think there was a lot of improvement since they dropped the PS3.
    This is pretty much it and just how I view things, of course in supportive point of view for the game. Some might agree and some will disagree, but I think the most important thing here is seeing these things happen. To have some hope for the future of DCUO, the future players. Maybe not all of what I mentioned can happen, or will happen even, but It's worth a shot and definitely worth sharing the thoughts on the matter. The reason why I didn't bring PvP up because I'm mostly talking PvE and this is mostly what I do and play in general. I am totally up for a revamp, but I'm not discussing it here, because it doesn't relate to my points. I do want to say, I can understand the frustration about recycled Maps, but I can also see why some maps needs to be used in certain content\story, so this coin has two sides.

*Please keep the thread constructive and share your opinions. If the community gets together hopefully we can move things and change things for the better. It takes time, but I personally have faith.

And - Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    • Like x 8
  2. Luke® Level 30

I don’t see why we need new feats in older contender I think that’s rather pointless if I’m being honest, because players at a high Cr will just bulldoze through it in minutes. I also think new base items and all sorts of stuff like that in the market place we don’t really need more of, they add base items every dlc. I don’t think they should waste there valuable time spending it on making base items to satisfy the minority that play this game for cosmetics.
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

I see your point, Market place is more of a guarantee alternative to time capsules, which are here to stay, but just another option,
    that I know some people will appreciate. That's why I suggested it. Mostly styles, that is. But yes, The focus on styles in higher then the gameplay content, which I want to see a balance between the two. Gameplay needs some love as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I’d also discussed with a few of my friends on how they should open some of the lower episodes to free to play and premium.

Like yeah I payed for a bunch of the dlcs, but I’d like to see the older content be ran and populated again. Plus coming up into dlc 36, I wish they could open the game more to at least to the beginning on t6 (so like everything t5 and below)
    • Like x 2
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

like you, I love this game. I do. I love my toons, my bases, my overly-convoluted back stories. great fun. honestly the one single ongoing complaint I have is that there's a whole cr*pton of story & content that I can't access because no one runs it, anymore. that's it. I can live with everything else. if they just gave us some way to access that content solo, I would be the happiest tiny short-sighted morally dubious immortal ( kinda ) archer in Gotham.

also, absolutely agree on making the first three or four tiers playable for free, but, sadly, I can't see them doing it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

That's a great idea. I hope It's doable, it would attract players for sure having access to more content- then might liven up old content.

Agreed. I love running the old content with my league, but not many has that privilege, mostly on the EU server. Somehow
    they either need to open the content to free to play, or as I said attach new rewards. People will want those, so they will run it.
    But make them hard to obtain. Like a bonus boss or something. Not something you can breeze through. Like new challenge in old content.
    • Like x 1
  7. AV Loyal Player

Also this is pretty much exactly what LPVE does, it's just they put LPVE development on hiatus. Lot of good maps the potential of which is currently being wasted, sadly. It should be SOP that as tiers cross a certain threshold they get an LPVE conversion. Keeps them fresh, lets us still enjoy them, and adds more feats in a meaningful balanced way.
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

someone in another thread had the idea a while ago of each month having a different dlc released as event content, alongside the regular event content. anyone can run it. you get clamped into whatever range is necessary. same styles, but in scalable drops. new collections that drop in content for some super awesome new shiny thing. each month, it changes to a different dlc, random. people like me who've missed a load of that stuff get to experience it roughly as it was intended, & the people who care about super awesome new shiny things get a super awesome new shiny thing. win win.
    • Like x 4
  9. Eve YouTuber

Love that idea. It could work.
    • Like x 1
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My solution for old content has been for there to be “Feat Helper” feats. Anytime you run an instance and people get feats that you don’t need, it’ll count towards the feat. It could pop at 25/50/100/250/500/1000.
    • Like x 3
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Uh-oh, you used the "c" word. :eek:
    • Like x 3
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I was actually going to write "you get c-worded into whatever range". lol.

duck!!!
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

:D
    • Like x 1
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

:p
  15. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I love this idea. It would be great if it awarded everyone source marks. As an event, players would have the option running the clamped version, but the regular version would still be out there to steamroll, if desired. The new shiny would only drop in the event, though. Sounds like a blast!
    • Like x 3
  16. Lick Of Frost Active Player

My wife and I have been hoping for this since we started playing the game again last year. We get clamped in seasonal content, why can't we have it by choice in regular content? To me there is no downside to allowing us to challenge ourselves again.
    • Like x 2
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

they should add event permanently across all content. anyone should be able to play anything at any time, it would draw alot more ppl to the game. Legendary/buy the dlc privileges should be ability to earn feats & ability to buy vendor gear, while without legendary/dlc you'd be able to play everything the game has to offer, just without feats & vendor stuff. not a big loss for the ppl who paid/pay, while still making the entirety of this game accessible to anyone, letting them play around in the content they actually enjoy