Not A Bug Metal Part 1 OP collection issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by KN1TE, Oct 21, 2019.

1. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I already purchased the worn Crowbar in episode 35. But for whatever reason you can purchase more? I mistakenly bought a 2nd one and it cost 10 dark metal coin. However, this can not be used once you have already used one. It should not be purchasable again since it's not sellable or tradeable, or useable again on anything else that I know off. Please fix the issue so this can not happen. I believe justice league dark episode did not allow a player to purchase the materials once they were already purchased.

I put in a ticket here is the correspondence:

This is GM Dunbar. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, this is not an issue that we are able to correct in Customer Service. I have escalated this issue to our Development Team, but I also encourage you to also post on the game forums here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php. The developers often look to the forums for feedback on game content.

In the meantime, I have removed the Worn Crowbar and returned the Dark Metal Coins. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing DCUO!

Safe travels,
    Senior GM Dunbar
    Daybreak Games
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You probably have what is known as a "race condition"... meaning you entered the "purchase" command twice in rapid succession and the system was unable to change the status in between the two command entries (i.e., hitting X on the Playstation, or its equivalent button press on Xbox, Switch, or PC). These things happen (happened to me in JLD with one of the catalysts on one of my toons), and at least GM Dunbar was able to undo the error for you. :)
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

That wasn't the case of hitting it twice or stuck button etc. I bought it again by mistake after I used the catalyst. So the option should not be there for me to purchase it. It was a late nite error purchase.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My understanding is that this isn't a glitch but rather a feature and an awesome one at that. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can purchase another dark robin's gift and another three catalysts, all for a combined 40 marks, to get a 2nd neck and have one for each role. I imagine this was a much simpler way to program a solution for the problem of constantly having to swap out white mods in OP gear.
    • Like x 2
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Wait... you bought one... then used it... and then it showed up with Sam the Snitch again? That's working as expected, if you ask me. It won't let you obtain a second one while one unused one is in your inventory... but once used, it's OK to buy another.
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You got it right... and I've already taken advantage of that on a couple of toons. :)
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended.