What happened to the sorcery healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

Nowadays it's a rare sight to have one in your group
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not too many because the DPS side is lacking compared to other healing powers (I even think some of them have gone nature). But they're still out there.
  3. AquiloFury Committed Player

I still have a sorcery healer. I just rarely use him lol. The main reason I don't use him often is because my water healers are my mains with the most sp. I have water, nature and sorcery healers among my toons.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My leaguemate Smileheron is still reppin for sorcery and solo healing elites!
    • Like x 4
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe they failed their final exams at Hogwarts? :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
    • Like x 4
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Sorcery DPS has been terrible since 2017. Also, water came out the same year, and the DPS and healing are both stronger and easier.
  7. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I still use sorcery on my mains both hero and villain. True the dps side is lacking abit but I am never a hindrance to my team. I am able to solo heal endgame raids. Just wish the shields got everyone and not just the 4 with the lowest health. But learn to adapt. I am not solo healing elites but I can get through them. I love sorcery. Have been sorcery since the day I installed this game and will be till the day the servers shut down.
    • Like x 1
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

The dps happened
    • Like x 1
  9. Domana Well-Known Player

The DPS side isn't great, and the heals aren't as good as water, celestial, or electric.

Waiting for my sorc buff any day now...
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I main sorc
    • Like x 2
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

My main is Sorcery too. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Healing Juice Active Player

And his DPS is OP!
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

They got watered to much ;):p
    • Like x 1
  14. Kaminuse Active Player

It is harder to use than other powers, most of its healings are area of ​​effect, you need to sacrifice two slots to use watcher pet (watcher is useless without offering) and yet it is not very viable. After the nerf of the supercharge shields there is only arbiter form left to put good heals, but sometimes it’s bugged and watcher don’t heal properly and the four-person shield only applies to the Healer. In alerts is well used but in raids people prefer to be DPS. Sorcery is certainly considered to be an Electricity 2.0 before revamp, and it definitely needs a buff.
  15. Dwild Well-Known Player

I have 2..one villain and one Hero. It may not be weighted toward dps vs heals but it's well balanced. (I was tempted to change one to Water when it came out but I'm old an too lazy to go through relearning the stats and methods. You CAN teach and old dog new tricks...but only if the old dog wants to learn them :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Dwild Well-Known Player

I agree...but then if you're in a duo or alert, the "heals 4" works...the limit only really applies in raids and if you need to heal the entire 8 person raid someone is doing something wrong. I just like the way Sorcery works...and after 5 years, I'm comfortable in the style.
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sorc healing is still good post revamp, so good at least for me pre/post revamp tray for me didnt change. It uses more powers as per readjustment, but everything is still hitting as i expect it to.
  18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I said Shields 4. Invocation of renewal got made into a full group heal a while ago. And ritualistic word is the only true 4 man heals. And I am comfortable with it but more shields would come in handy in say the forge fight when you have to hit the anvils and the weapons are attacking people at random who are trying to hit the anvils.
  19. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Sorcery heals is still a great healing power, the problem is might sorcery is a rough go for most people. I know one person that can make might sorcery work as a DPS. And the work they put into it to get the damage is crazy. But yes most have left. My guess is to other powers that also have an easier viable DPS side.
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Nature electric is the only 2 heal powers with good dps sides, but the to answer your question, alot of ppl went electric and water, once electrics super charge was nerfed ppl went water, and some of those same ppl went nature lately because they can dps in healer role