4th artifact slot why

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Nov 22, 2019.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

People are actually wanting/ begging for a 4th artifact slot? Its mind blowing that people wanna level a 4th artifact just to get stats and passive buffs.

I miss the old days when only thing saving you or helping you was player skill + good tanks and healers. Now it's all passive buffs from artifacts and augments.
    • Like x 8
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

They buff the content for each new artifact slot, so it isn't about the stats or passives.
    We just don't want to destroy or merge our older artifacts into a new one, it's silly that we leveled them up and now we need to choose between the older rusty artifact or a new shiny one.
    • Like x 1
  3. Chain Lightning Active Player

Is it confirmed that there is going to be a 4th artifact slot?
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, there IS the little detail that you don't necessarily have to have every artifact to take into consideration. ;)

Honestly I think having some tough choices is a good thing for games. If nothing else it can help players decide what they actually need for their playstyle and maybe even break up a little meta chasing in the process.
    • Like x 3
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 4
  6. Controller Devoted Player

You left out "Controllers".

[IMG]

As for a 4th slot I'd guess that it is inevitable. I'm personally happy with three at the moment.

There WAS a time I wanted 4 but then I saw how hard it was to level up these things.
    • Like x 3
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

whens the 8th slot??...wake me up for that...thanks..
    • Like x 3
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No but with so many begging for it you can bet it will happen eventually.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But why not just level the newer artifacts slowly? Why force a 4th slot on thise of us who dont want to level another artifact period?
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Because you got whales that rather want to "git gud" by flashing their wallets than actually playing the game. The rest of us gets to pay the price as Artifacts went from "fun, extra side progression" to more and more of a necessity.

Now people want to keep all of their good Artifacts on display rather than having to strategically place a different combo, because even that seem to be too difficult for some lol.
    • Like x 3
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea I never liked augment or artifact systems. But as you said it went from optional to a must.
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would rather have had a 4th artifact slot than having the existing ones go up to level 200.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Hey I'd love a 4th slot and I'm not working rite now.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't play the artifact game. I have the 200 VWD which was a free upgrade, and which will likely be consumed into one of the new artifacts when another double xp weekend happens...past that I've got 3 160s and a smattering of 120s and the level 8 soder on like 10 toons. Does it mean I'm not a 'top' player? Sure...whatever. Quit caring when they added levels 180 and 200 and 2 more TOC required breakthroughs.

I don't consume any XP unless it's 2x XP(except maybe to get a 'level to 20' feat)....so I'm normally a DLC behind artifacts anyway. No worries.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I only said tanks and healers because of their role duties. That and to often we see trolls getting left out in the cold. At least with those LFG groups that ppl speak of.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brit Loyal Player

The only positive thing I see about a 4th slot is that it's one fewer inventory slot I have to waste hanging onto Artifacts that I've put a ton of work into leveling up, because I don't want to destroy them since usefulness changes constantly. For example, I had leveled up a Soul Cloak, then scrapped it because my healer finally got another good Healing artifact, only for the Eye of Gemini to later be introduced and bring back Soul Cloak value.

If Artifacts would just be given the "Adaptive Augments" treatment where they didn't require an inventory spot and could be assigned on the augment page, that's the only change I would ever need.
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

A 4th slot and more will change playstyle and ur build. It helps chnage things up so you don't always do the same rotations. The stats and buff are useless if u don't even know how to put the most dmg out anyways. The only problem with adding more artifact slots I see is having a harder game which is what everyone seems to want. Also the devs need to update the way we see what other artifacts players are wearing or let us see active effects on the screen. Instead of using the d pad for everything. Would be nice to see both all artifacts being used underplayers names on the screen and what active buffs. With a clock that counts down. Would be nice to have a count down clock on the screen for nth metal detectors and soda buffs. everything like an rpg should have. It's an old game that doesn't have this yet Which is super interesting to me. It's like playing blind with buffs and artifacts
  19. Controller Devoted Player

Speaking of 4TH SLOTS...

I am expecting / hoping for a Double Nth Metal XP weekend soon....don't they do these right before they introduce new Artifacts? I got a TON of Nth metal to dump.
    • Like x 2
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Lets have 10 artifact slots because making choices is for nuuuuuubs

Sarcasm aside, I do think we should get a 24 hour one-time-per-artifact "undo" option.
    • Like x 1