Test Discussion Episode 36: La Mort Card - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

General Questions:

• Do These stacks get Bound to 1 target? (Hard Light - Light blast and Nature - Impaling Thorn within Gorilla form are AoE)
    • Do the Stacks overlap with the ones of Group members? (i do 1 stack and a groupmate does 1 stack = 2 stacks?)
    • Does 1 finisher apply 1 Stack, or does each tick of Damage apply a stack?
  2. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Right now it's not good. You can add the best might stats and still the strategist , gem and trans are still better with no stats. Ur basically spamming one power that isn't good to begin with. Ur sacrificing alot for Almost nothing. I really don't know how they're gnna pull a rabbit out of the hat with this but in all seriousness with the strat gem and trans they are the meta for prec.

How he's thinking with the heat vision is something right on level with how the others are. They're wicked op.

You could add that it adds a 4th slot and takes that spot nothing else and the others don't and I'd be like um Nah I'ma not spend the money and Idk need the 4th.

Not only that it's a testers nightmare on the sparring dummies.

Right now save ur money and everyone go prec using next to 0 powers. Weapon buff, robot , phase dodge , talon strike, supercharger lol movement mode power or 2nd pet .

I could see if we used these in rotations to begin with but we don't . Lol

Lightblast is a group one with a def debuff as a troll and everyone cancels it.

Heres a video for people that can't test it. I jumped on a friend's computer and he flipped when he saw me do it.

This isn't mine but if you use mini gun which is channeled over and over the Timing of that which is .05 secs u have to throw a ram in between to even do so.

Idk how to make this work. Let's not even forget it's interruptable. Def aren't putting empowered channeling to make it op lol

Number one even though gnna need a 4th slot in general.

Light lbeam 4.4 secs interrupt...

Muni small package 4.4 secs interrupt..

Rage evis chain 6 secs vuln to block this one counts as 2stack so figure 2 stacks in 4.5 while the others 1 in 3.3 unless the 2 group ones do more and that's only light and nature.

Elec ionic drain 4.4 interr... U taking one of ur dots off for this?!??

Ice glacier flash 4.4 interr
  3. Healing Juice Active Player

I was only using the “finisher” ability on sparring target. Used it about 30 times when the target dropped to 35% and procced the rank 200 artifact. It only did 29k damage lol. Seems like trash to me.
    • Like x 2
  4. Gmoney Active Player

Guys save your money!!
  5. Batuba Developer

We are looking at Finishers atm as they are under-performing in general. Please stay tuned in the next few days to see what changes they will be seeing. Also, we are looking to curve the damage of stacks on La Mort. Right now, using fake numbers, each stack does lets say 100 damage. So 3 stacks would be 100 + 100 + 100 = 300. With the curve, it will likely look more like 150 + 100 + 50 = 300 (but spread over 70 stacks). This way you still get the same high damage at max stacks but lower stacks will now feel good when they proc as well. Essentially, the proc should always feel good.
    • Like x 6
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anything changed there or does the stack also refresh with each finisher - if casted within 30 seconds - just as with the Page of Destiny Artifact?
  7. Batuba Developer

When new stacks are applied, the duration is refreshed.
    • Like x 3
  8. AV Loyal Player

The additional information provided makes this artifact make a lot more sense to the point it was impossible to take this artifact seriously without it. Might be worth incorporating that into the effect description somehow.

With the new info, it definitely seems like this has the potential to create some interesting diversity by improving the viability of finishers in a normal rotation. It also makes this extremely difficult to test in the short term in general, however, since it creates a crazy amount of potential new loadouts, especially with the CD reduction.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Wut about that 4thslot ??? Sounds like a good thing for santa to throw in for a close to Christmas update... ;P
    • Like x 2
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Most definately need the Finishers looked at. Most if not all are underperforming. Even with a rank 200 La Mort on Test I only tested Fire, Quantum, and Electric so far and my damage either took a small loss or was about where I was. With this artifact and used to its potential should be alot more than its showing. My suggestion is buff finishers across the board, or increase damage buff from artifact for finisher. Like at 80 20% and 160 at 40% and 200 about 60%. The finisher move is the issue and not the Artifact. The Artifact is well designed. Hope this sees some changes. I would really like this artifact if the finshers where stronger. Not worth the investment in its current state. Electric and couple other powersets could use something like this to help with ST damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. AV Loyal Player

Very hard to test Impending Doom properly. Can you estimate how much damage the Doom burst would do with max stacks at max dps stats?
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Feedback
    • Through my testing I did not see the 25% cooldown reduction on any of the finishers, 4.4 should be 3.3 and usually when artifacts change the abilities its noted in the ability description like the Orb does for the priority heal but that doesn't change here they are listed as 4.4 seconds still.
    • This artifact while lackluster for nearly every single finisher makes Nature Gorilla even more viable because 1) impaling thorns was already apart of the rotation, there is no trying to awkwardly place a finisher in your finished rotation so the synergy is much greater 2) impaling thorns is AOE which will lead to multiple simultaneous la-mort proc's which puts impaling thorns on a completely different level than the other finishers. Light's Light Blast is aoe as well but no Light dps will run that for single target because even with 70 stacks it would a overall dmg loss compared to the regular s/t combo for light which is top tier in the game.
    • On the topic of being lackluster the increased damage for targets above 35% is still less then a typical heat vision with solar amplifier so it doesn't make a lot of sense to run a artifact which decreases overall might, forces us to change our rotation and put another channeled ability in which does weaker overall dmg than the other channel ability we have to run because its the only good single target ability most might powersets have. The base damage would have to be increased drastically for it to be viable because this finisher artifact should replace having to run heat vision.
    • On the same topic as above this artifacts needs to be run either solar or la-mort for single target dps. La-mort needs to be the same base stats as solar amplifier to compete. 5% base might at 200 rank and 1785 might where la-mort is 3% might and 1275 might. It needs to be on the same level as the top might artifact for innate stats
    • Like x 2
  13. Batuba Developer

So a couple of points here (including notes from your video)
    • CD doesn't display on tool tip unfortunately, but it is still happening. For finishers at 4.4 seconds, it goes down to 3.3 seconds.
    • Finishers are getting some adjustments, news on that soon.
    • I do agree that for the most part, a finisher should be replacing heat vision if La Mort is chosen (unless you decided to run both). Again, more on that coming soon.
    • Based on your video, you understood finishers as stacking per tick of damage, when its just per cast of the ability. The idea is people build stacks over a long encounter for what would be a big payoff.
    • Doing a pass on damage for each stack making early stacks more powerful and curving the overall growth in damage over total stacks.
    • Like x 4
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Thank you :)

Yes, I was basing my assumption off what you said about echain being 2 attacks or what I referred to as hits and counting as 2 stacks where you are treating the combo version of echain to be a separate entity.
    • For 70 stacks even at a 3.3s cooldown that is still nearly 4min of straight using the ability off cooldown to reach max stacks. It might change after your finisher adjustments but no player is going to just sit and spam only 1 move the entire boss fight and certainly not when heat vision is used in the same rotation so it could be safe to assume the finishers would be used every other time in the rotation so then that puts 70 stacks at nearly 8min of dpsing which for most raids unless they are literally brand new is not practical to reach in terms of dpsing time. Will retest when you have made adjustments
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

The Finisher...being used in a rotation to build up for a GRAND finisher. Great Idea. Hard to gauge how useful or beneficial it can be without either adjusting finisher abilities, or increase. Damage potency of the stacks over the course of less stacks or both. I been playing with this on test a lot. I love the potential, just not there quite yet.

Overall its hard to work in existing rotations, even harder to keep up with Solar Amplifier and Heat Vision in its current state. Impossible to replace it. Hoping this will open up some options for some lackluster single target powersets. Fingers Crossed.
  16. AV Loyal Player

I feel it's a mistake to even try to outright replace Solar Amp. I love the idea of this but dislike that it buffs the part of the fight finishers aren't meant for while doing basically nothing to help them in the last 35% where they're supposed to shine (the cd reduction doesn't offset the stat loss).

I'd much prefer to see this artifact make it viable (but not optimal) to use finishers all fight long while outshining Solar Amp for the last 35% of the fight, keeping both relevant and adding another degree of horizontal progression to the game like what Scepter and Stone do. Would like to see it perform about 10% behind Solar Amp for >35% and >10% better than Solar Amp for <35% boss health. At present, it performs well behind for >35% and ~5-10% behind for the <35% (and that's on Fire, where the optimal La Mort rotation is amazingly even tighter than the optimal Solar Amp rotation).
  17. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with upcoming changes to La Mort.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Am I totally missing the point or is the simplest solution to be able to change Armories on the fly while in combat with little or no cool down. This way...

Armory #1 - Loadout and Artifacts for above 35%
    Armory #2 - Loadout and Artifacts for below 35%
    • Like x 1
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This implies, that you'd have to run 1 Armory for AoE dmg, 1 Armory for St Damage above 35% and 1 Armory for St below 35%. As a main dps a possibility, but way too much effort/ too expensive for Little to no increase of Damage. Also i'm running 4 Armories already since i Play my support role aswell. I simply dont have enough loadout Slots to choose from. :(
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll take it back
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.