Test Discussion Episode 36: Transformation Card - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all,

Please use this thread to post feedback on the Transformation Card Artifact.

Thanks!

Batuba
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Role: Healing and DPS
    Focus: Increase Critical Chance and Critical Modifier
    • Rank 80
      • Dark Bargain - Increases critical chance by 20%, critical modifiers by 30%, and reduces Damage and Healing by 21%.
    • Rank 120
      • Reduce Damage and Healing by only 19%.
    • Rank 160
      • Reduce Damage and Healing by only 17%.
    • Rank 200
      • Reduce Damage and Healing by only 15%.
  3. Rushsteel Active Player

This artifact is really strong to the point that it def doesn't need a buff. It's going to shine with prec powers as well as might dot powers like nature. Without having the most optimal gadgets prec loadout or perfect flurry shots on test, [I used an old loadout], I hit consistently above 36k parsers with 28k base prec and 281cr.
    https://media.discordapp.net/attach...113127702529/unknown.png?width=994&height=559
    Now I'm not saying it needs a nerf because this will benefit most might dps but it does not need a buff for sure. You can easily hit 40k parsers on test with venom transformation card and book. On live you will hit even more.
    Again this is as gadgets prec only. Gadgets prec is the exception and not other prec dps powers will hit as hard.
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Am I reading this Right? It's going to give dps a crit chance of 20% but also nerf 21% dmg. Or is it reducing 21% dmg from enemies. Ì feel like the reducing text needs more info to clear things up. Unless I'm right and this artifact isn't that good. If it's taking 21% dmg from u but in return giving u 20% crit. Anyone have more info on this?
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Even at rank 200 if it's reducing ur dmg out by 15% it's not good at all
  6. Batuba Developer

It increases your Crit chance by 20% and crit damage by 30%, however, you sacrifice overall damage and healing. At rank 80, this should be approx a 4-5% damage boost compared to not using an artifact. At rank 200, it is approximately 8-9% damage boost and when you factor in stats of the artifact, it puts it to around 14% overall damage increase from using artifact.
    • Like x 4
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..ok.

So, this artifact is really for a DPS and not a pure healer. Thanks for that info. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Rushsteel Active Player

it's good not game breaking but a nice dps artifact that is balanced well.
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Now my next question will be reducing its effect for players that battle role or not. Because I see this artifact turning out to make everyone battle role. It would be the perfect artifact to make players play their role in content. But if something here doesn't change the whole community is going to battle tank in content. So they can survive unless this is the point of the artifact for battle roles. Then we can close this question up
  10. Batuba Developer

It's a great artifact for healers as well as it increases your burst potential. Also, when used with Strategist Card, it becomes very good.
  11. myandria Item Storage

But why would I want to increase my burst potential while having my overall healing lowered? It seems like too much work for less results to me. The Strategist Card seems fine without the Transformation Card.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyro Committed Player

If you are a healer with a lot of hots say nature having more crits would be amazing
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Let's say you have a Controller running Claw in your group. That will boost your Critical Healing Chance to 50%. That means there is a 50% chance that any given healing tick will be a crit. Since the Transformation Card also increases your healing crit magnitude, that means you can see some very impressive healing numbers.

I was trying this out earlier with a Water healer using Solace of the Sea while fighting some open world bosses. The crit rate and healing ability from just running Solace of the Sea was very impressive.

I'd be very interested to see what the Transformation card can do for healers in the new raids.
    • Like x 1
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

That's being pretty conservative. Before Artifacts my Fire loadout was setting up 2-3 DOTs which people laughed at. They thought it was a waste of time. They kept saying hit Inferno and then do the Fireburst, etc.. They weren't realizing that all those little ticks were adding up big time while running around not being hit by the bosses or the Paradox demons, etc.. You're always doing damage while doing something else, like pick-ups. The more these numbers crit, all for the better. People don't consider this when crunching the numbers.

I can't wait to try this out and go old-school again.

Now, if you'd only make Vault trinkets account bound I could move that dang OMAC Trinket to my main. Which would be major synergy with this Artifact. (Yah know, Christmas is coming up, right?) :D
  15. CrimsonWizard713 New Player

Does this artifact affect pet healing?

I dont use a watcher loadout often enough to be certain, but I remember pets can't crit. So will this artifact allow them to crit? And if not do they take a hit on the potency of standard heals?
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

So, according to your example, your chances of performing a crit heal will be increased to 50% IF another character is using an artifact that would be useful to a healer. Your scenario would be rare, as the Controller role has little use in raids with the role-less buffs going on. Also, not all healer roles would find this useful; water or nature healer, perhaps but Sorcery? I can't see it working well with that one and not with Celestial either. I still think the Strategist Card is the best overall healer artifact for this set of artifacts; it can work with any healer power.
  17. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

When a troll runs the claw they have zero instant power going out it's just pot. The claw increases the pot and buffs 7 % might depending on level the artifact determines the amount of players .

Thing is If u cant give instant ur Hoping the pot crits???

Right now mines at 120 and I only use the claw full dps gear in troll role as buff for the group for so far only steak well done fight.

Some are hoping with the claw and that art they'll be enough power out that you can dps as a troll with them. Idk wut the healer aspect will do. Obviously you're using Rao as a troll no matter wut. They really need a 4th slot.
    • Like x 2
  18. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

@Batuba can we get a % Health stat on this artifact to make it viable for tanking as well? It has a lot of potential for a Fire tank which has been lack luster power since the stat revamp. HP is the most useful stat for a fire tank and I feel like there’s a lot of potential being lost here. A fire tank could really benefit from this artifact plus the synergy with Mystic Seven should make Fire tanking more viable.
    I suggest taking away 5% power percentage and replacing it with 5% Health. This could be a game changer for Fire tanking as it will increase self healing without sacrificing HP.
    • Like x 2
  19. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Description needs update

The effect for this artifact is called "Dark Bargain", but the milestone ranks in the Upcoming Rank Bonuses listing know it as "The Transformation".

This needs to be uniquified to either version.

[IMG]

AP
    • Like x 2
  20. Batuba Developer

Nice catch. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.