500+ time capsules later and no neon material

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doctor Wyrd, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Doctor Wyrd New Player

No wonder I had such rotten luck today! Magnet hogged all the luck for himself!

Seriously, though, congrats on getting not one but two neon materals to drop from such a paltry amount of capsules.
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Where did I say it was ok?
    But yes.... it does show that with the RNG.... you can can UBER lucky.... or hit a HUGE streak of bad luck like the OP did after opening 500 TC.

Same TC in both cases. VERY different result depending on the RNG. ;)
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There was a sale on Ebay. Buy all the Luck for $50. I bought it ALL!!! ;)

But seriously... thanks. :)

But usually I have rotten lock similar to yours. When we got the first batch of Chromas..... I got one early on.... then went like 25 or 30 Booster Bundle (lost count) with no Chroma. Had to play the Broker and buy almost all of them on the Broker for like $1.5 Billion. I ran out of gas and gave up without buying the Orange Metallic Chroma.

So I understand how you feel.

That is why something like the Booster Gold vendor is so important. So that if you have bad luck... you could still get what you want. Sadly it does take quite a while before items gets added to the Booster Gold Vendor. :(

Hope you get lucky and get it too soon. :)
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Right but again. Just trying to find the point of the video. We know rng exists. It's horrendous. And that's the issue.
  5. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

You're talking about the latest time capsule? The one that just dropped? You bought 500 of them? :eek: Why?
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Idk if anyone opened 500 or not, but what's sad is this is the kind of stuff that send players to the gold sellers. I guarantee it's cheaper to buy gold and buy part than it is to open up time capsules. The Devs are getting greedier by the dlc and tc. Just had complaints about the drop rate of certain op collections in the DLC, and the devs double down on TC. For those that don't believe the 500 opened TC story, go to reddit and look up the talks when people were exploiting TCs. Some were even higher than 500 opened tc without a rare drop according to the posts
    • Like x 3
  7. Awsome Well-Known Player

Because it was entertaining. Because he beat the odds. Because when something good happens, its fun to tell people about it.
    WTG Magneto! Congrats!
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks. :) :)
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Just saw two on the broker for about a little under a billion each. The devs are gonna have a currency crisis when the value of items exceed what the broker allows them to be sold for. They devs have fostered this mentality, especially with this TC.
    • Like x 3
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Pinky Well-Known Player

DCUO becomes more pay-2-win with every Time Capsule iteration.

A question I'd like to ask the Devs is why not put the Time Capsule Rare drops in the marketplace directly for DBG cash? That way, its win win for both players and DBG.
    • Like x 3
  12. Mukkah New Player

The drop rate is similar to all other ultra rare drop rates. Nothing new here
  13. Nogreen Active Player

Wauw! Seriously?! To open that many, i have to say this, you have a gambling problem and you should seek help. Call or write to their support and ask them to disable all use of real money on your account.
    Good luck and i hope you get real help in life.
    • Like x 1
  14. Doctor Wyrd New Player

Having squandered my entire life-savings on time capsules, I do hope my insurance can cover the cost of your brilliant psychological analysis or else you won't get paid for your expertise.
    • Like x 3
  15. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It's your money, so spend it how you like. But keeping it real here, you can't expect people to not be shocked... 500 in one day is a lot.
    • Like x 4
  16. Red Raptor Active Player

There is a specific group of players who have made playing the broker a game in itself. They set the price for many of the rare items available to be sold on the broker and quickly buy up any items listed by those that would undercut them. The items are then stored on bank toons until they are no longer available to drive up the demand or relisted at the set price.

The highest anyone can list anything on the broker is just short of 1 billion. In order to circumvent that price cap, the Neon Chomas are being kept off the broker by this group (and others like them) and sold in Trade chat for more that 1 billion, or again, banked until they become unavailable so they can they can charge even more. This ensures that only the very lucky or the very wealthy have an opportunity to get a Neon Chroma. Got to admit, it's always been a great market strategy to make money in DCUO, but how much money does any one player actually need before it's just being obnoxious.

Clearly I cannot post proof/names due to community standards. This post would be instantly removed. Just know that everything I've just written is a FACT (at least on the USPS servers). The RNG (which is terrible) is only partially to blame. The natural progression would have seen these items lower in cost on the broker as more became available. The real problem is these groups of people who are actively targeting rare items to keep them out of everyone's hands except the richest players. I don't have a solution to offer. I just know that these guys are ruining it for the rest of us.

As a side note, many wealthy players are concerned about Daybreak forcing a cash reset on everyone (which unless someone has inside knowledge, I just can't see happening). I know of several players including those mentioned above who are stockpiling rare items in order to rebuild their coffers if this comes to pass.
    • Like x 2
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Considering that a majority of those players that are controlling the broker by buying up and reselling rare items got wealthy enough to be able to do so out of various exploits, especially the TC-Exploit, a perma-ban should be in place, as well as tracking down and wiping their cash & items.

The inflation is out of control and will only get worse if you don't take away the toys from the little kiddies and put them in the time-out corner.
    • Like x 1
  18. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

It's not about that person "needing" the money. Read between the lines on that statement.
  19. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

You realize there are billionaires from seasonal farming, op collection farming, and SM farming right? Like people were paying a bil to tanks for a R30 carry on hero side. I know 2 people that made over 10bil just from selling their services.
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

You do realize that I said "a majority of" and not "exactly every single one who is rich", right? I never, not once said "everyone" and if you didn't exploit to make your riches, you got nothing to worry about in my comment.

That part also doesn't do you any favors in mentioning, if you're trying to convince people that the inflation that's happened due to exploits and such isn't an issue. Lol.
    • Like x 2