Rank the tanks for each category

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by gemii, Nov 6, 2019.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Best tank for beginners?

Best tank for bosses?

Best tank for adds?

Best tank for battle tanking?

Best tank for playing with pugs?

Best tank overall for any situation in the game?

Best tank weapon in general?
  2. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Best tank for beginners? Probably ice, since is just a sheild tank.

Best tank for bosses? Ice is likely the best boss tank, but requires super-speed for dash attack and phase dodge.

Best tank for adds? For sure rage. Rage increase his hp based on the adds its tanking, and since is tanking style is based in rage overall hp, seems about right.

Best tank for battle tanking? Defenitly earth with jackhammer spam. Thats really good damage. However i realy dont recomend battle tanking, you wasting effors and stats in something that inst your job to do.

Best tank for playing with pugs? I would say either rage or ice. If a troll die and i have aton of adds as rage i would struggle but survive. If the healer died as ice i could still tank the boss.

Best tank overall for any situation in the game? To me is rage. Has amazing crowd control and can also tank very easly bosses.

Best tank weapon in general? I saw alot of weapons, but i personally recomend 1-h. Has a fast lunge and some niet combos.
    • Like x 3
  3. AV Loyal Player

Best tank weapon is situationally dependent:

ST - Rifle. Multi-hit lunge allows for pre-emptive counters and the stationary lunge allows tank to maintain a desired range from target while countering.

Multi-Target - Any weapon with max lunge distance.

Trash - Staff. 360 pbaoe knockup
    • Like x 1
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

That myth still around ? Rage increases its hp based on the combo meter, running around avoiding damage wont increase the hp of any rage tank, no matter how many adds follow the tank.

50 x combo meter = adding 100% dom to total HP
    • Like x 7
  5. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Best tank for beginners is probably ice or fire, fire is weak but it’s good in a sense that it’s pretty straight forward.
    Best tank for just solo bosses is earth/ice then rage.
    Best tank for adds is earth imo if you know how to juggle properly and avoid giving immunity. Rage is op as well.
    Best battle tank is earth, rage and atomic. For rage you essentially just run Outrage/RA/Severe/Lacerate/RR and depending on content you can run berserker or 2500sc shield that does pretty good damage as well.
    Rage would be the best
    The best pug tank is the one that pulls the adds and survives.
    Best weapon is one handed and dual wield. Shield is good but it doesn’t counter unless you are within range, otherwise needs to be double tapped. All weapons are viable tbh
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Ice

Ice

Rage

Earth

Rage

Rage

Shield/1Handed
    • Like x 2
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Actually that is how Rage used to work, but they got rid of that as part of the revamp. You used to be able to stack your health to ridiculous levels the more adds you were tanking.
    You are correct on the current mechanic, stacking based on hit counter.
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Rage is really this good? In January im gonna use my character boost to make a tank since i switched my main back troll.. not a fan of red so i was gonna look into earth ( again) or ice
  9. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Lets be honest, scar tiessue or whatever you wanna call it is nice and fun but is useless and is capped. However the pull ragebringer in combination with disutel works like or even better then ragebringer pre-revamp buff(i belive even Without mercy gives dislutel buff so?)
    • Like x 1
  10. thirty six Loyal Player

Atomic is garbage. Nobody use it. Get 10 bucks from your parents and switch to sometjing else, asap.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

1h
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Best tank for playing with pugs? Ice. Ice with shield tanking can often just seem to work indefinitely, even with a cruddy healer or troll.

Hands down, I think Earth is the hardest to PUG with. Earth is strong, way better than something like fire, but Brick puts a wrinkle in PUGing where, if the healer isn't accustomed to using Ally Heals that work on pets and watching pet health bars, the constantly dying Brick becomes a liability. Earth is the only Tank set that requires other players to do something different, and sometimes PUG groups struggle with the whole look-and-listen thing.
    • Like x 2
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I see that nobody talks about the atomic tank anymore, why is that?
  14. L T Devoted Player

Atomic Tanking was kind of broken by the revamp, when they took away your tray ability counters. Atomic needs to constantly combo to keep its self-healing mechanic, and you can no longer do that and get counters at the same time.

The shield-penetrating mechanics that have become vogue of late also hurt Atomic-- making its oh-so-precious aura near worthless, and reducing the appeal of the Mass Density supercharge-- another former strong point of Atomic.

It's still good at juggling adds-- though both of its pulls inflict stuns, so you have to be coordinated with your troll or the adds will get immune in a hurry.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Ok I understand better, now, for my part, I wanted to build a tank, but, I can't find "inspiration" with a power tank, there's always something wrong for me :( , except if there would have been a metal power type tank or in the style of Steel like in the legend of tomorrow series, then, I wouldn't have said no.
  16. Raptim Well-Known Player

I'm surprised no one gave fire an honorable mention. While my main tank is rage, my fire tank is good at a lower cr, 340 skill points, under 180's augs and 80 arts. Tanked new legion content first day np at 308cr.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This thread was started before the recent balance pass for tanks. Fire was in a bad spot prior to that.
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It really was, I couldn’t even tank event content :D I want to test it again, but my time is wrapped up with doing bounties and two episode’s worth of instances because wonderverse is so stingy.
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

the life of the tank fire makes yo-yo a little nan?
  20. L T Devoted Player

Yeah Fire needed an assist... but it's very strong for tanking now. Fire Tanks mock your silly shield-penetrating mechanics, evil Dev team!
    • Like x 1