Every Pet Trinket Damage Dealt Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Aug 3, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

It puts the Snake Turret above the SM Shadow Snake Turret and puts it as the 5th highest average damage behind Seahorse, Shadow Bat, Sunken Rune, Boo Utility Belt x4
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Unlike the Man-Bat reskin, this one was a literal reskin (I did this one). I copied out the abilities and put on a new FX. I'll look for any errors but if there are none then this is RNG in action at a very fine line variable. It is not intended to be better than the SM trinket and will be brought in line IF there are any dependencies in the data - not variations in RNG runs.

For anyone bitter about SM reskins out there (and get directed here) - SM versions are SM versions and you'll never see a Shadow Pet like those in the wild, unless it was a SM accomplishment. As intended. A bragging right.
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

While I would agree with the notion that the SM trinkets should be higher damage, the difference is about 3.9% in damage. If the SM trinkets because they are much harder to earn let alone exclusive could be 10% higher for example I don't think that would be unreasonable. It may become closer if like 50 parsers were done as I know Batuba mentioned the Shadow Bat and the Seahorse are supposed to be negligible difference but I personally haven't seen those results.

For the DPS focused players out there they will go with whichever trinket puts them in a better position and aren't focused on the rarity of what it looks like especially with the Snake Turrets lasting a much shorter duration.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Something like that could happen possibly in the future but for The short term, immediate future, the reskins should be of equal statistics as the original. It'll make it easier to do a flat adjustment across the board IF it's determed SM should get a slight boost.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think it’s better if SM and non-SM pets are identical. The rewards for SM should be pure bragging rights, in my humble opinion of course. A boost within survival mode, that carries across survival modes like the Shadow Werewolves (Assuming the boost they have is already rigged to do that) have, shouldn’t be an issue though.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Thanks!
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Thank god. Was really lamenting the $50M I spent. I've always wanted to use sideckick when tanking open world bounties and other trollless but can't stand the look of the originals.
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

So with these numbers I assume it's just better overall in terms of dps to use a buff trinket for your 4th slot over henchmen or accomplice? I use orbital, supply drop, pet (snake turret currently), dps trinket.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yes, in terms of damage if you are a dps the only time you should be using henchmen is before a fight starts or if there is a break in the action and you can open inventory and switch. Same can be said if you have the 4 boo utility belt you pop them before fights not during.
  11. fm0987 Committed Player

Unrelated (well sort of I guess), do the different orbitals all hit for the same? Or are those different too?
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Orbitals do the same damage except in 2 cases, the bat signal orbital doesn't follow the same rules as a normal orbital and orbitals using the dead king scepter artifact do increased damage.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly. So the SM items are a flat rate and don't scale with your character?
  14. Careless Active Player

Has anyone got the new bat construct trinket? I have it and its out parsing the atlantean seahorse
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

They scale.

It's a reskin of the Shadow Construct Bat so the numbers should be the same, as much as RNG allows.
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Yes about 8% higher, average, sometimes as much as 15%, or as low as 4%.

Well, but. See above.
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

What's different about the bat signal orbital?
    • Like x 2
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I tested it against the shadow bat trinket and it was mostly the same (between 249K and 258K at CR 289) except, like OC found in his testing, the shadow bat will have random outliers where it does 20%-40% more damage than it's average. I didn't see that happening with the dark construct bat.

As far as the whole "should SM trinkets be better debate" in theory I would say they should. Though personally, while I somewhat value the bragging rights aspect, the dark construct bat fits my main character's style better so I'm kinda glad they don't right now, lol.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

How about the SM trinkets get a 10% boost but the reskins get a 10% boost in the content they'e acquired in like you guys have done with henchmen in the past? That would make them temporarily equal but add longterm benefit to those of u skilled and determined enough to get the SM rewards.
  20. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

Nope!