Could we possibly get a UI edit update?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Enferno, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Enferno New Player

It would be very nice if we could actually edit the UI and move our hp / party / hotbar / quest log / and or minimap to where ever we'd like on the screen.

I mean seriously, I cannot even think of a game that doesn't have this and I have played MMO's since April 1999 (EQ1 launch) with every title you can just about name.

I like playing with my Health bar below my feet, it's friggin hard to try and look up at the top left corner and still see wtf is going on with 24+ inch monitors.
    • Like x 2
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its a wish and dream and hope but not likely as the UI itself is soooo embedded in the original coding that what we have it is. If they havent implemented just putting Numbers on the Health and Power bar yet, there's no way they'll add an ability to move around the HuD.
    • Like x 3
  3. Enferno New Player

Embedded? Do you know anything about coding? Hell, I'll do it for them if they'd like.

I built my own UI for EQ1, Warhammer, Rift and trust me, it's not hard. EQ1 didn't have a moveable HUD when it launched either, but check it out now? It's not hard to do and makes absolutely no sense of why they haven't done it yet.
    • Like x 4
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Umm okay, hold back your tears buddy. I do know about coding and im also going by what Ive been told by Devs many times over the years when I bring it up to them. "Its not hard" do you know anything about coding? lol I understand your want for a feature and I gave you facts on why this hasnt been implemented yet. If you want to do it so badly because youre the epic awesome coder of the world, here's the Career page. Go apply but have a better attitude about it.,
    • Like x 4
  5. Do Your Googles Active Player

I like the UI the way that it is and hopes it does not change.
  6. Monkeyboy Committed Player

The Devs can make the UI editable. Just include an option to have, for example, group, on the left or right side. When it loads, the group is programmed on the left side. The problem comes from what's already programmed to a spot. If you move one thing, you need to program that the thing currently there can be moved to another spot. Each UI element would require a method to make it editable. Full customization, I agree would be too involved at this point but to have 3-4 different different UI layouts would not be that hard for them to implement.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well this got heated quickly :D I too would like to be able to move around and resize more U. I elements but it’s not a big deal.
  8. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

I rather them use the resources to fix the bugs that have been the game for the past couple of years than devote time to a new UI.
    • Like x 1
  9. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

That either requires hooking into the game or being able to decipher the packets being sent back and forth. Neither of that would be suggested. Most of the data that is sent back and forth is encrypted.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Devs can do a lot of things and the answer is of course easy on paper. When looking at the code, thats another story. If it were easy, we would of had these Ui changes with the new UI. Instead, they can only update and work around this original coding because again, its hard lined in. One day they may find the time to work around it and give us what we want because as someone who loves his WoW Mods, I wanted this since Year 1 but here we are in Year 8, still not here.
    • Like x 2
  11. Crn Well-Known Player

Im not even asking for that much, I would just like the journal info and the group info to trade places. Or just give me the option to move the grouped peoples names to the right. I can't see this being a huge issue to do.
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Dude, I remember in EQ1 when sitting down to meditate and recover mana caused us to open our spellbook and literally cover our screen. Like you could have enemies walking right up to attack you and you wouldn't know because you had your nose in a book.

Like many things in that game, the UI was brutal and unforgiving.
  13. Nogreen Active Player

• Like x 1
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That would be because they actually cancelled the update because it was taking too many resources away from other stuff (ie: it wouldn't earn any money).

Basically they have said that things that will earn extra money get priority over everything, and a UI change can't be monetised.
    • Like x 2
  15. Nogreen Active Player

Awww :( Thats so sad.
    Thanks for reply tho ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Sorry can’t to much man power needed to focus on the next time capsule lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

that's ok, even the most ardent player will eventually get bored and find another, better game, where they balance profit with the happiness of their player base...a game is run by a company, whose purpose is to make money...but they have to remember that the players are the source of that money, and if they don't give us what we want, eventually, we'll find someone who will....
    some of us are already actively looking, just slim pickins at the moment...but that changes
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The game is coming up on it's 9 year anniversary. When is this mythical "better" game coming???
    • Like x 1
  19. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

The limitation may be on the Console side (cough cough playstation cough).

I would very much like to see the buffs/debuffs health/power much closer to where my eyes are focusing most of the time during battle.

Most of the time I can't see my own character on the screen from all of the animations and special effects of everyone else's powers. Playing with the Gamma and such you can tweak it for better view-ability but that's just a trade off with quality.

A forum update would be nice.
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

BS, we were told the PS3 was holding DCUO back. That didnt prove true once we got rid of it for much better hardware. We traded out the old Cel processor with 210 alloted RAM for DCUO for a "Semi-custom 8-core AMDx86-64Jaguar 1.6 GHz CPU (2.13 GHz on PS4 Pro) with 8 GB GDDR5 RAM" and still outside of a model update we didnt see much. No new powers announced, no new weapons, no alternative power skins. I dont blame the hardware anymore its a Daybreak issue
    • Like x 1