Thinking of returning

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Smok3y1Kanobe, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Smok3y1Kanobe New Player

I stopped playing dcuo at the end of 2014,just wondering if the game is still active and worth returning too?
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

If you do Pvp only i say NO.
    If you do Pve only TRY IT and decide yourself.
    • Like x 5
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

There's a ton of new content, the combat system is heavily different from the 2014 model, and gear is somehow, amusingly, less obnoxious to maintain, so... shrug.
    • Like x 1
  4. Awsome Well-Known Player

I stopped in 2014 (I think) as well, and returned about two years ago. I would say that the game is way more awesome than it used to be, if you are a PvE player. The downside is that while there is a ton of content now, you really won't be able to play through much of it, because the vast majority of the player base sticks to the last two or three episodes. This is something that really needs to be fixed (see my Syndication idea for a great fix)! But, (despite what the trolls and haters are going to tell you) the game still has a healthy player base if your are on the USPC/PS server, just no one does anything but play end game.

If you were big into PvP, like I was, don't come back. It's such a mess right now, and the devs have said that it isn't even on their radar to fix. (Please just put it back to the way it was in the beginning, It was so much better then than it is right now).
    • Like x 2
  5. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

6. Brit Loyal Player

In 2014, that would have you quitting around the time of War of Light. Prior to War of Light, new Episodes were sparse. I remember having a 14 month wait between Gates of Tartarsauce and Prime Battleground where we had basically nothing new to do.

Starting with War of Light, we started getting a drastically increased rate of new content, around 4 Episodes per year. This has done a whole lot to keep the game feeling fresh and to retain motivation to play. You finish up your gear and feats, and right about the time you're wrapping up, there's a whole new Episode ready for you to start on.

A lot of stuff has changed over the past 5 years, but I would tell virtually anyone who liked DCUO at launch, it's going to be worth coming back, at least for a few months, to play through all the new and cool content you've missed. Whether or not you stick around permanently will have more to do with personal tastes, but it's definitely worth a play.
    • Like x 1
  7. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

That's what I've been trying to do since returning in August, play through as much older content as I can in somewhat of a chronological order. It's a bit hard because there aren't a lot of people who want to run those instances.

But it has been interesting to see the different types of changes they tried incorporating in alerts and raids over the years. For example, I noticed they did a lot of "going from location to location in the open world" for alerts and raids around the Dr. Fate episode. And around War of Light, they tried some "You need to communicate with your group in order to succeed" type of game-play.

Very cool stuff.
  8. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Just. Don't. Srsly. It's not worth it.
  9. Nogreen Active Player

If your for PvE i would say go for it, i only started here because i miss the CoH and CoV so much(for so many years) that i was about to implode.. and now im on my 17character creation :p and im not even on end game yet.
    For PvP, i seen and heard that it's not worth it.
    One of these days im going to record one of those 10blue vs one red fights and post it here and people can see that they cannot kill anything..