Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

When I tested it, I got a multiplier somewhere between Reflection and Density. I'll test again this weekend. Even if it's as weak as shatter restraints, what would you replace it with?

The advantages of it are that it heals the tank (if there's only 1 and they're not kiting too much) and builds supercharge pretty fast. I don't find it locks me in an animation too much longer than solar flare or most weapon attacks, which is what it takes the place of when I use it. For the hard stuff it gets replaced with mending wave.

Agreed. Soothing Mist never leaves my load out bar.
  2. L T Devoted Player

Yeah having two big aoe heals out all the time is great, but Flood of Power gives the same effect except it resets all of your abilities when you first cast it. So I basically empty my power bar and have everything on cool down and then Flood resets everything and refills my power. It's really an extremely good way to deal with spike damage.

The obvious down sides are that it's every minute or so (depending on your artifacts and how fast you build supercharge) instead of every 12 seconds with Riptide, and it's not going to heal stupid like a shield supercharge sometimes can.
    • Like x 1
  3. AquamantheKing Level 30

Tsunami strikes as a water healer isn't a bad choice, and i don't find it locking me in any place. I mean if you use the full rotation of it I can see you getting hit when you shouldn't but each tsunami strikes hit heals for about as much as a non-orb of Arion priority heal. Also if you use demons fang, hitting the first combo of tsunami strikes procs the extra damage from that artifact which is a pretty cool aspect.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Havent seen anyone mention anything about healing side.

I use manacles, orb, demon fang for artifacts. 255sp in resto 60 or 70sp in dom and 50 or 60 in power.

Loadout is priority heal, group heal, solace, riptide, bubble, tempest.

I usually start fights off with both shields the double solace and using group and priority as needed. I'm sitting at 73.6k power, 36.9k resto, 1.7k dom and I've solo heal the current raids day 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thought I would share my prec water loadout for anyone interested. As with my sorcery loadout this does depend on the gem of Horus artifact.

Loadout:
    Talon strike (TS), pressurized, depth charge (DC), shark, robot sidekick, neo venom boost

Using dual wield for single target and ranged aoe.
    Explosive shot (ES) for aoe damage
    Flurry shot (FS) for single target

2 handed is used for melee with doom spin (DS)

Rotations:

Ranged aoe:
    TS/pressurized > ES/DC > ES/TS > ES/DC > ES/shark > ES/DC > ES/TS > repeat

Break down:
    After the initial talon strike you do explosive shot into DC. This combo is one of few combos were each tick is counted individually towards the hit counter. After explosive shot into depth charge you will have a hit counter of 6. Another explosive shot will put you at hit counter of 8 so when you use talon strike after that second explosive shot you will set up bleed.

The next part of your combo will be ES/DC ES/shark ES/DC. After the ES/DC you have. Hit counter of 6 than your have ES/shark which puts you at 9. ES/DC adds another 6 putting you 15 hit counter. So now when you use ES/TS you’ll have a 17 hit counter which is more than enough to hit the bonus 200% damage from talon strike. But because your bleed will be up the 200% turns into a 300% buff. After this you will need to refresh your bleed proc again so you repeat your combo. Keep in mind that you use your pressurize right clip which ever power is up in that rotation.

Keep in mind that if you can CCed while trying to build up your hit counter to 13+, use Talon strike when you get to 8 to reset. The reason is because the bleed proc is only up for 12 seconds which is barely enough time to take advantage and get the 300% damage. If you get CCed it have to stop attacking than you will loose the window to get the amplified damage from the bleed proc.

For single target it’s the basic prec flurry shot. TS/pressurize > flurry shot u til pressurize if off cooldown and repeat.

For melee ST it is the basic Doom spin combo. TS/pressurize > DS/tap melee/TS > DS/tap melee/TS/pressurize repeat.
  6. Captain Cold Level 30

For any of you guys looking at water dpsing, this is a video to the loadout I have been using for a while to great success topping most dps charts under the right circumstances.

It's full range and all damage is aoe based so for elites it is perfect for majority of circumstances.

Only real prerequisite is for healers to be popping off eye of gemini greens as often as possible. Enjoy!

• Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

i have uploaded my water dps guide for might and prec on YouTube. Here is the video. Hope it helps someone. It’s a bit shorter than my other dps guides since water is more straight forward with less variants.

8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Figured I'd chime in with the dps rotations I use, feel free to test against others and see what you think.

For ST: (yes, there is some splash)
    Heat vision, Torrent, Dehydrate, +clip bubble when able. Robot sidekick

For hallway/adds only:
    Drown (if the next boss is coming up soon, to build at least 50% SC) Heat vision, depth charge, ebb (combo), +clip bubble when able, RSK.

For healing alerts:
    High-tide (when players take a big hit, into -), mending wave, solace of sea (x2, from) Riptide, bubble, tsunami strikes.
    Starheart, Page, Transformation.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When ever I used drown it was always a huge dps loss. If you don’t care about add damage and just want to use that to get ready for boss fights than drown is ok. For bosses are you using dehydrate as part of your rotation? If not what is you last move since you only listed 5
    • Like x 1
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yes, drown is only used "if" a boss fight is really close, and I'm nowhere near 50% SC (%25 for alerts).
    Yes, Dehydrate is in the boss rotation (ST listed right after torrent). Drown takes to long to cast, and doesn't really do much damage for that matter.
    The add rotation is quite hungry for power as well, but considering how fast adds drop, it stays pretty full with PoT.

Yes, I've only got 5 powers listed in the ST rotation, due to adding in any other power, actually reduces your dmg/s (plus all SC goes away when using Dehydrate constantly).
    The 6th spot could be used as an emergency power, like hard-light shield, a quick (minimal) heal, etc.
  11. L T Devoted Player

Drown/Riptide-Drown builds supercharge REALLY fast, as long as you remember to get yourself into combat before you start that. If you're using your supercharge as soon as it's ready Drown works out being ok.

If you're not using Drown, you're pretty much forced to use the Grim artifact. Which is not the worst thing in the world, but it limits your options.

Water might DPS is disappointing. For all the wicked-cool options you have for rotations-- and some of them are pretty fun-- I couldn't get closer than 70% of Nature. And that's not even using broken super speed abilities.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea, nature can do far more damage when adds live long, however I did find a pretty good loadout. It might not be for everyone thou since some don’t like using iconics. It does on average of 72k-76k dps on 8 targets.

While using drown rip drown may raise your sc incredibly fast I felt the damage loss is to great. I was able to get a 990k damage with call of the deep however using neo venom 2x using my rotation did far more damage. And the gap would only close when a healer would use Gemini spam. But until than I didn’t want to revolve a loadout around it.
  13. Wallachia Devoted Player

Requesting suggestions of loadouts for my theme-based water DPS.

Limitation: I won't use any powers that use water constructs, I just want hydrokinesys or, better saying, waterbending.

No, I am not making an avatar character. Screw whoever thought this.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Do you have the grim artifact leveled? It makes a big difference for water.

Also do you consider shark frenzy a construct?
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As noted in the above comment, Grimorium Verum makes a big difference for water.

If you're wanting "strictly" water powers (note: it will not perform as well) then:
    Depth charge, Water spouts, ebb, bubble, maybe torrent as well (best with la mort card.

Those 4 powers would be strictly water. If you don't look at shark frenzy as a construct, use it in place of spouts. You could also throw high tide in for the crit rate on shark frenzy, then you'll also want to add tsunami strikes to reduce the 30s cool down on high tide.

Also note: Water by itself is a rather weak power, without using heat vision and robot sidekick, the damage per second is quite low compared to adding those 2 powers in.

On my water character, for adds I use:
    Heat vision, depth charge, ebb, shark frenzy, bubble, robot. (And in that order for rotation). Solar amp, grim Verum, transformation card.

For single target:
    Heat vision, Dehydrate, clip bubble, torrent, (use Dehydrate again, back to heat vision, repeat) robot sidekick. Tsunami strikes as 6th power. If there are adds around the boss that need burnt, I use HV, Torrent, Tsunami (throw bubble in when able).
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Thank you both for the answers. Yes, I do consider Shark Frenzy a construct. So far, as I am still levelling my toon, my tray has the priority heal as an emergency heal, along with Bubble, then that watery punch, a wave that lifts the enemies from the ground and one attack that is 4-7 waves in a straight line. I still didn`t memorize the names of the attacks.

I read the wiki yesterday and realized that Ebb and Flow is also a must-have attack. I tried Tsunami Strikes, but it felt weird. One thing that I did notice is that water is rather power hungry, or is it because my toon is still levelling?

Where do I get the artifacts you mentioned? With Constantine?
  17. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Would you recommend the grim artifact over VWD for prec st?
  18. L T Devoted Player

The Grim is not (I don't think) with Constantine. The good news is it's free. The bad news is you don't get it for free until you hit Justice League Dark content. It's really good for water because it sets up the crushed power interaction, and the only other safe way Water has to do that is Drown, which does very low damage.

Water can be power hungry when leveling, especially if you're using ebb and flow. When clipped Ebb/Flow can give good burst damage.

As far as specific load outs go, this is also a good-news/bad-news situation. The good news being that there are lonts of fun and interesting load outs you can put together, most doing similar damage. Sadly, the bad news is that the very best of these does only about 70% of the damage that Nature does (without any exploits).

Supercharge-wise, the only REALLY good one that water has is Dehydrate. Dehydrate does tons of damage but uses up all your supercharge, so make sure you target something with a lot of health when you use it. It is very strong at 25% supercharge-- so you should measure how much supercharge each one of your rotations gives and count rotations before using it. How long it will take for you to build up 25% supercharge depends on if you have the Scrap of the Soul Cloak artifact, and how high you have it.

So here are some possible ones, which ignore shark frenzy and Aqualance, as they are "constructs". Below "/" means "clip with" and "-" means "followed by".

Drown - Depth Charge - Bubble - Riptide - Tsunami Strikes - Dehydrate (or preferred supercharge)

Rotation is:
    Drown - Weapon tap/Depth Charge/Riptide - Weapon tap -Depth Charge/Bubble - Tsunami Strikes (combo x3) - Depth Charge - Repeat.

You can replace Riptide with Ebb/Flow and actually do similar damage. It's a bit more complicated because you don't have a 12 second cooldown ability to let you know when your PI has expired.

Drown - Ebb - Depth Charge - Bubble - Tsunami Strikes - Dehydrate

Here your rotation is

Drown/Bubble Weapon Tap/Ebb - Flow/Depth Charge - Weaon tap/Tsunami Strikes x2 combo/Ebb- Flow /Depth Charge - Repeat
  19. L T Devoted Player

Probably not.

As Precision, Drown is beneficial in building supercharge. It still does crap damage, but you're not depending on Might procs for most of your damage anyway, so why not use Drown to apply the PI? Worse, as Water, your only DoT ability is Aqualance with High Tide. But since you're precision, there's no good way to shorten high tide except for riptide (which I use on one precision toon).

Generally it's not a huge win to use your weapon buff every 6 seconds instead of every 12 like it used to be, but Water's crappy damage over time options make Grim's PI-setting unattractive.

I haven't done a ton of testing, but I'm guessing VWD/Trans/Strat or VWD/Strat/Cog are your best precision options.
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Thank you for your answer.

How does Bubble work? I'm using it, but it doesn`t seem to trigger the extra hits of the other attacks.

So far my loadout is Priority Heal + Bubble + Drown + Depth thin (that whirlwind that throws people upwards) + Ebb and Flow. I'm saving the last slot for when I unlock Dehydrate, but I am still having trouble triggering the extra hits from bubble.