The events... The repetition...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Microwave, Oct 23, 2019.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The amount of feats in seasonals is irrelevant. It was about having feats at all. People want them regardless of how significant or insignificant one thinks they are in the grand scheme of things. And there's a lot of feats wrapped up in seasonal over the years especially for people who havent been here as long as us. Anyone can say feats are optional. But they are progression and removing them truly makes obtaining these rewards optional without the tag of feats compelling people to grind and burn out.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

The issue i have with events are the pricing, with the anniversary event being the worst, sometimes theres more rewards to buy than marks you can farm, particularly so in the anniversary.

This forces people into replaying, buying marks or playing alts so what starts off as a bit of fun becomes part of the daily grind, resulting in resentment being felt towards the content because the time spent running that grind goes from 5 minutes to hours. Hours we can't then spend on core progression.

The fact they're not altered at all year to year is a massive problem too they're just burnt out at this point. They need to be updated, they really do, i don't care how the dev team find the time, as the end player that isn't my problem to sort nor provide you with suggestions on how to solve

I can only tell you, yes from a players perspective events are, at this point, tedious, exhausting, stale and kind of lame now rather than fun, moreso because they've been static for 11 years.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Im just neutral on it, i don't see them as a significant issue.

The other solution of course is to progressively make things cheaper, why for example does it cost 6 marks for a 2015 base item, why not make them 1. This then helps new players speed up those feats while keeping the higher prices on the newer items keeps the value in the right place.

Notwithstanding the fact pricing as a whole should be revisited
    • Like x 5
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I can agree on that
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You can also just remove the stat clamping in the seasonal instances, there isn't any need to spend upwards of 5min or more depending on the seasonal because we have to have stats reduced to sub level 30 levels. It artificially extends the duration of the seasonal where it should just be the length it takes to complete the stabilizer duo (also stat clamped). The story of the seasonal's hasn't changed in almost a decade for most of them it isn't necessary for players to spend any more time than needed in the instances where the open world missions take just as much time.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You can also making content during the seasonal's drop the appropriate corresponding mark. This way while running your natural weekly content you can also earn the seasonal marks to complete older feats. Or in the case sometimes the shortened seasonal duration than is minimized.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

My only worry is that you entirely trivialize the content and i know some people equally so dislike doing that, how do you appease the concerns of those players and the prospect a high CR player comes in and one shots the instance in 1 second?
    • Like x 3
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The same way when we go run old content we dont get clamped. There will always be complaints about people going into any content and steamrolling it. Which would you rather. Do you think more people as in new players would complain its trivial than it would appease the players who find it tedious? I guess thats the question.
  9. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

lowkey sad this isn't even a relevant question to ask in modern gaming.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Although I'm certainly not going to suggest your idea is bad, the immediate flaw i recognize is the developers propensity when you increase the yield is to increase the cost.

My idea of reducing the price of older items isn't essentially to result in an increased yield of marks its to give people a leg up on older content no longer considered to be as relevant.

That would be the distinction I'd make between the two approaches.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Im sorry the point you're making is what?
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I tend to agree, i don't take issue personally with people one shotting it, the question was more posed somewhat rhetorically or if answered at least to challenge the fact that this is the opposition you're going to get, it was the reason they were clamped in the first place. :)
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

1 shots for all
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

Well,

You guys did a great job with the Winter Event last year by "packaging" similar items together for a reasonable price; for example, there was a "Themiscyran Holiday Box that contained a Wonder Woman Holiday Tree, a Wonder Woman Garland and a Wonder Woman Holiday Wreath and it was priced at 12 Holly Leaves. There was even one with Joker's Batman Jingle that appears in the Vault during the Winter Event. I am hoping that the sale packages will return to the Winter Vendor; it made grinding for those holly leaves a bit less tedious and gave something to look forward to.
  15. Cyro Committed Player

If it means reducing cosmetic items i am ok with that
  16. sharpy36 Active Player

I want to see the original Valentines day event come back. It's been a while, but i feel like there was more content with that event than we get now. Even if it made our characters look funny, it was still a lot of fun. I don't think the feats it used to have should be included, but it can have the regular 10 base items and a vendor style or something similar to current event feats. Having the large amount of different content to pick from was a lot of fun for me. I'd like to see it come back and see how people react to it now. Also, each current event we tend to get just enough time to get 1 of each new items. With more content to pick from like the original event we can pick and choose different amounts of content to run every day and not just struggle to get 1 of each item, but actually let us start collecting multiple items so we can decorate better. Instead of making the event feel like a struggle just to get 1 of everything, let it be fun and let us get enough marks so we can actually start decorating with multiples of the same items and have the option to get more marks every day. Right now it feels like a grind unless you spend money and buy marks on the marketplace. Let us earn plenty of extra marks if we want to spend the time on all the extra parts of the event, but not required to run the same 2 things every day just to be able to get 1 of each new item. Sorry for the terrible grammar here, but I think you get the point. See how it goes with the original event that already has a lot of unique content and see if people would like that type of thing expanded to other events. Of course I could be remembering wrong and maybe it didn't have any more content than the current event, but I think it did.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except there are folks who...wait for it...like to actually run content.

One of the reasons I like the seasonal events coming in is that it gives me a break from what I normally run in pursuit of Marks for progression. Even if the events haven't changed much over the years, it's a change from the same-old same-old. Before clamping? There would be times I'd be lucky to do anything in the instance or get the chance to even try to enjoy it. And far more often than I care to remember, those who went over-the-top on the content would end up breaking the instance and screwing things up for everyone involved.

Convenience for the players should be kept in mind. But it shouldn't come at the cost of fun, and it's no fun at all to not be able to participate in content when you join the instance to do exactly that.
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You are in the wrong thread then my friend cause everything you just said is the complete and utter opposite of the OP. The seasonal's are the least entertaining content in the entire games history. They are year in and year out completely stale and are only ran because we are forced to do nearly all the seasonal content daily in order to achieve the mark costs needed to purchase everything for feats unless you want to drop millions on the broker. The seasonal's aren't "fun" and have been the same instances, voice acting and npc's for YEARS AND YEARS.

If there wasn't multiple feats and styles the instances would barely be run. No players (besides you I guess) are saying "OMG its almost October I can't wait to see Klarion again and his cat this is going to be so exiting for the month"
    • Like x 1
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Do the following on my five alts..
    + Do Open World Event -
    - - - Build Supercharge, Get Metal, Get Seasonal Marks
    + Do Seasonal Event -
    - - - Build Supercharge, Get Metal, Get Seasonal Marks

Repeat the above on Main character...
    - - - while being in cue for PvE instance content.

+ Spend Seasonal Marks...
    ...earned by alts to get items for main character
    ...earned by main character to get anything not paid for by alts
    ...earned by alts to buy 100 Mark collection
    + Transfer all Metal and collection pieces to Main

+ Sell collections farmed by alts.
    + Sell 100 Mark Seasonal Collection piece in broker for $15-25 Million each.
    + Repeat on alts while main stockpiles Marks for next year.

It takes my main and five alts about an hour a day.
    I'm currently about $100 Million richer so far because of it.
    This was enough to buy from the broker at least two of the current Metal Caches from the Resurgence Time Capsule

Summary: Yes, the grind is worth it.
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I am almost 100% certain that we are now at the point where it is physically impossible for any new player running every single bit of Halloween seasonal content to have anywhere close to the amount of marks they need to purchase feats from 2014-2019 and that goes for alot of the other seasonals. They can't justify increases the costs without making the seasonals blatantly pay-to-win selling the 50 marks on the marketplace.
    • Like x 2