Ease up on healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Agreed. I DPS (range) and find that is usually the case. Not only with Bane but some of the other ads as well. When there is no tank in the group, the focus of Bane and at least one other ad is usually on me. Same thing with the Armored Bat Custodian, that thing just likes to follow me around the room like a puppy.

But back to the main topic at hand... when there is a good healer in the group, life is just so much easier. I definitely appreciate it and always give them props when the instance is over. Same thing with a good Tank. Running an instance with a good healer and a good tank together is like a day at the beach.

Also, if you're a DPS and constantly pugging it (I'm all about that PUG life) .... you really need to learn to take care of yourself. That means have a shield on your tray and a stack of sodas. I'm always managing my own power and health cause more than half the time, everyone in the alert is a DPS. If there's a healer in the group, that's great, but I'm always prepared for there not to be.
  2. Dene Devoted Player

could you tell the alert bosses this? lol

Edit: Just saw all the Bane comments.. I get swarmed by adds but he generally stays on DPS
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You forgot "being a power hog and stealing the power from the troll's power dump that is needed to heal your squishy a**""

And as for attacking before the tank, I hear ya, but is there ANYTHING more comedic in this game than watching a DPS lunge in to a pile of adds only to die before they even hit the ground??? I bust out laughing every time, it never gets old! :D Yeah, I'm looking at you rage DPS's.
    • Like x 1
  4. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Asa troller my only him is to keep the healer powered? Lol ok. I remember my first year...
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There's a difference between something being "the only" and being "the most important", it's a prioritized hierarchy. It's less important in reg raids and other solo-tank/solo-heal situations. But in elite when there's 3+ healers & tanks, with the power dump only going to three players at a time, it matters.
  6. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Read the quote i was referencing before you tell me something i know, please.
  7. Imperator New Player

Heh I see different MMO same problems. I was trying to heal in WoW, thought It was my call... Oh boy. You really need to have patience of SAINT to do the job. Healing is, in my opinion, most challenging role in game. Well at least I am aware of my healer struggle. I learned hard way.
    But in short: healer is there to keep tank alive in first place. DPS is always less loved child.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Perhaps the typos caused me to misunderstand what you were saying but you did use the word "only". I wasn't making an assumption on what you do and do not know but because this is a public forum and not a private message, I explained it for the benefit of anyone reading who might not have known. That being said, if it's something you know, then how is it "first year" thinking that it's more important for the majority of power out to go to healers and tanks?
  9. Crn Well-Known Player

Haha this is so sad because it’s true. Porters, dogs and I think Razors... Jesus Christ you’re constantly running circles around the map and these boys hit hard AF. Hahaha fun times.