Top Bug - Fixed Ice Frost Blast Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Balistical Ice, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ice's Frost Blast power has a bug where if you clip a power too early or get interrupted during the cast, it will have an extremely long cooldown and it gets very aggravating. Can this be looked at please?
    • Like x 22
  2. Ekart Committed Player

I think the delay is intentional, because it's a 400 power. It's like this since stats rewamp.
  3. Perdition Committed Player

I would also like to add if you use another power too fast after frost blast, then frost blast will not hit. Yet it will do the full animation.

This doesn't happen all the time, but mostly when you try to use a power too quickly after frost blast.

For example, Frost Blast into Ice Boulder Strike.
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I would also like to update. Say a person gets downed in a scenario, and most of the time, if Im in the middle of Frost Blast, I will let Frost Blast register before I start picking someone up. Well, Ive noticed that when Frost Blast successfully gets casted, if you try to pick someone up (or just toggle a cog period) the power will be put on cooldown. (Even when the damage was registered).

Edit, remember fellow Ice players. Upvote this thread by liking my initial (first) post so it will get acknowledged. We have a start here.
    • Like x 1
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    I upvoted. This had more upvotes then some that have got fixed. Seems like another conspiracy is on the way.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not constructive. Upvotes are not the only thing that determines what gets fixed when, and the number of upvotes the last time I did a regular sweep is not necessarily the number of upvotes a bug has now.
    • Like x 2
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I remember seeing this during the revamp testing. It really should get looked into.
    • Like x 3
  8. AZPrime Active Player

Frost Blast does have other issues, too. It doesn't hit:

- if the enemy is encased in anything, including ice. When a good chunk of ice dps relies on critical hits and the highest crit producing attack can be blocked inadvertently by other players encasing them before it goes off, that's a problem.

- if the enemy is even partially obstructed between the casting time and release. I don't mean walls or anything like that, even small objects that other ice powers hit around can obstruct this.

- if another player places anything in the way during the cast, like one of the batman/superman balls, or even certain attacks that produce items like ice boulder. If it's in the way when the attack goes off, it doesn't connect.

I can say that I have had that clipping issue happen as well. Sometimes I even use it purposefully to negate the first problem I mentioned with encasing, though it shouldn't happen to begin with.
    • Like x 6
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

These are more of the common problems that have been here well before Stats Revamp. Especially with the encasements. Still, its a problem and it should be looked at.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Looking into this bug report will likely occur in our next regular sweep of top bugs.
    • Like x 2
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  12. Zamara Dedicated Player

I don't do ice but to my understanding both Frost Blast and Fireburst (and Mass Detonation to the an extent) work basically the same way. And the way the OP is describing the issue is the way it has always been for those powers as far as i can remember and i thought it was how it was intended to be, when done normally without interrupts the cooldown to cast it again starts once the power goes off (or when we see it hitting the targets) but when you get interrupted during the animation or when you clip it with another ability the cooldown just takes more time because it adds the time it normally takes for the animation to run.
    • Like x 1
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You could be dead center at the end of Frost Blast and it would still stay on cooldown for longer period even though you were at the very end of the cast. So no that scenario doesnt work.

Edit : Fireburst works fine btw. No extended cooldown.
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

I didn't say it adds the remaining time though, might have worded it wrong. Is the extended cooldown you're referring to the time it stays on red when interrupted before the actual cooldown starts?
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Correct. You could be at the end of your cast and if interrupted even second after its casted, it will stay on cooldown for an extended duration even though you were at the end of the cast.
  16. Zamara Dedicated Player

I tested it many times on both fireburst and frost blast (used a low CR ice alt for this), tested jump cancelling, having ads interrupt me and also tried clipping with other abilities.
    From what i saw doing that, it looks like the times that it does that longer cooldown is when the damage doesn't go off before getting interrupted/cancelled, the window when fireburst can be interrupted and not go off seems to be a bit shorter for some reason though. At first i thought it was just when the animation didn't go off that it happened but then i saw that if timed right you can be interrupted and the animation still goes off but the damage doesn't and the ability goes to the same longer cooldown. The power goes red for like 4 seconds when interrupted and then it goes into the normal 4 seconds cooldown.
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

And that shouldnt be happening.
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

What info is needed?
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Edit: Nvm. I see its just a tooltip thing (I saw your "potential info needed" post in the other thread. Disregard unless you actually need some more info. Feel free to PM me if needed.
  20. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

The problem with frost blast is that when there's only around 2 tenths of a second left on the cast time, you can clip it with any power (damaging or not) where a similar power like fireburst will finish the cast first then activate the next power.

The other issue is one shared by all hard cast powers; when interrupted / jump-cancelled, you have to wait from that point for an amount of time equal to the power's full cast time before it starts the cooldown timer.
    • Like x 2