To People who try to Intentionally AFK through Stab Frag:

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AV, Oct 21, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

You are colossal scumbags. That is all.
    • Like x 11
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

That goes for any Event these days. I run the instanced Halloween event across 5 toons daily, and atleast 2 of those 5 runs usually contains atleast 1 AFK'er in the group.
    • Like x 7
  3. AV Loyal Player

I've been pretty lucky with other events but seem to get at least one ****** in Stab Frag per week :3
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Someone once tried doing that to me, but they made two mistakes.

First, they basically told me to "go fetch" their fragments right before not doing anything.

Second? They underestimated my stubborn nature combined with it being a day off for me. :D I waited them out. 100 minutes or so later, they gave up and left. LOL
    • Like x 11
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

I remember doing things like that to those type of players. One in particular, in one of the Amazon Fury duo. Dude decided to go full ********* at the last boss. Had to teach him a lesson lol I remember posting what was going on on the Facebook page of the league i was at that moment, we were laughing like ccrazy. Then i lock the joystick to keep me running in circles and went afk for a long time (had some stuff to do).
    When i came back, had a few nasty tells, loot and my marks.

Good times lol
    • Like x 3
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The unfortunate thing is this is by no means anything new.

We have seen threads here about players that purposely got themselves knocked out in events like the battle with the AntiMonitor (Anniversary event) and then rezzed and just hung out inside the safety of the cave while the rest defeated the Big Guy and his minions. Add to it the players in just about any other Holiday event you can name that just stand there and do nothing reflected by the amount of any statistics on the closing scoreboard,,,,

And even worse the players that couldn't be bothered to travel to Gotham to buy stuff with their Spooky Bits and would join an event team, run in and buy stuff off the vendor and then leave without going near the actual battle area.

And let's no limit it to events. I have lost track of the number of players that never moved from the entrance while I basically soloed the Stabilizer duo. Oh and remember the days when Open World stuff involved defeated X number of mobs for a weekly reward? ON any number of occasions i was on an 8 man "TEAM" where we'd find one or two players just hanging out some place safe and letting the rest of us defeat 300 or 400 minions.

Now my theory on this behavior is two things have spawned a pile of lazy players all but willing to just sit and let some one else do all the work.

Part 1 is a direct result of the DEVS.... A brand new player can join this game and shell out real cash to skip a ton of content and just POOF be CR 210. They don't actually play the game they buy their way upward. Now add the Time Capsules which allow those same sort of players to just buy anything from stabilizers to already opened capsules.. be cause we all know how tiring and tedious clicking on anything can be <---- in case anyone missed it THAT was sarcasm. Hey these days when any holiday even starts just go and see how big the crowd is around the vendor... Those players don't have left over holiday cash from last Year.. They just went to the market Place and bought Holiday cash.

YES I am aware that Daybreak is trying to keep the game profitable but at the same time they are developing a whole pile of players use to doing nothing but flashing a credit card at everything. Hell these days you can level artifacts and augments by just hitting the Market and buying NTH METAL. heck you can even but source Marks and just stop and buy artifacts off Constantine.

Now Part 2 is the community and more specifically LEAGUES. this has gone on for years. Join a league and just stand back and watch while a couple CR 250+ members destroy everything in sight and get new members through all that boring lower tier stuff to get the "new guys" better armor and tons of SP so they can get high enough quicker and join teams doing the end game stuff. .
  7. Raven Roth Committed Player

A couple days ago I ran the event version of FI on an alt, there were two people who were intentionally just sitting back and watching everything, I knew they weren't AFK because they came to Olympus and stayed out of every fight. Sadly no one would kick them.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

With due respect, wasting 100minutes of a day off just because someone decides to afk in an instance that would still only take me 1 minute even without them is a grevious waste of my leisure time, I know you think you're winning when you feel you've "inconvenienced them" but really whose winning? when the end result is both players losing time, including yourself...

In fact the sheer fact they were trolling you, probably means they feel they're winning by wasting your time moreso than you feel you've inconvenienced them, they equally if not moreso, want you to continue sitting there doing nothing and you're buying right in to it.

That's why I, personally, either just get it done and move on or leave and requeue, generally speaking, I just get it done. I don't care whether the other person just wants to stand there or not, it's not a big deal.
    • Like x 3
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Ooh Do I have a story to tell you guys lmao. So I ran the event raid MoM on a alt toon of mines . A few high levels were there to I noticed this one player not doing much if anything he only moved or did anything at certain point's and only when one of the high levels wasn't doing anything .

I've heard of story's of some folks using two accounts to play the game sometimes . When we were at the last boss This so called player wasn't moving and someone called it out to while we were fighting etc.

This high level player texted in group chat FORGET IT KEEP FIGHTING Well That's all I needed to hear lol . I died on purpose and voted to kick the so afk player enough was enough .

It was no surprise that the high level player voted against it. I guess one of his boyz was there Becuase he also voted against kicking the toon and after the vote passed to get his other account toon kicked from the raid one of his boyz typed in group chat LMAO .

So that pretty much confirmed what I already kinda knew . The guy really used his main and a alt toon to que a raid prob but still it's not cool .
    • Like x 2
  10. Brit Loyal Player

Whenever I get one of those guys, and it does happen frequently, I have an immediate attitude of defiance. I will waste my entire day to ruin theirs.

If it's the Central City one, I will pull the enemies to the entrance so that they will fight and eventually kill the AFK player.

For all the gated ones though that protect my AFK partner, I armory to Healer role and then, as a Nature Healer, have the ability to heal myself all day without ever doing one point of damage. My record was 80 minutes for a single run before he finally entered the boss room and cleared Gorilla Grodd.

Then he tried to trash on me for my "garbage DPS", as though I was unable to kill it on myself. I just laughed.

At the end of the day, I am convinced that they are mostly Gold Farmers who use bots to log from account to account and queue for Stabilizers, so that they can unlock infinite free Time Capsules, sell the contents on the broker, and then receive the in-game currency that they sell. Any normal player would give up and join in after a couple of minutes, and if they were legitimately AFK, they would time out eventually. The whole thing stinks of botting some program that knows how to queue in and keep from going AFK, but not how to move through the encounter because of the random nature of which map you get.
    • Like x 1
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The only real way to fix this is to find a way to loot lock the person without actually granting them loot because their damage out and/or boss damage out is zero.
    • Like x 1
  12. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

It's annoying for sure. I simply add them to ignore so I won't group with them ever again and move on.
    • Like x 3
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I understand where you're coming from, and it is a fair point to make. Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't have gone that route and try to go with a "live and let live" mindset, especially with easy/quick content like that.

But that person had to use that "go fetch" comment.

I don't care if they were trolling. I don't care if they were kidding. That kind of word use is at the very least highly disrespectful and borderline demeaning, and I wasn't going to stand for it. I'm not a tool. I'm not a convenience put there just to make their life easier. And in an instance where CR/game progress gets more or less leveled out and the players involved are on equal footing, I'm far from being their errand boy.

It is fair to look at it as wasting 100 minutes of my day. But like I said, I had all day. I willingly gave up that time and didn't give in to the whims of someone who seemed to think or believe I was beneath them somehow. For me it was time well spent. For that other player? It was 100 wasted minutes that could have been avoided by doing one simple thing: participating.
    • Like x 2
  14. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

You should have just put that person on ignore and exited. Why waste 100 minutes on your day off on feeding a troll? They were probably playing the game on their alt/main account whilst you wasted 1.5 hours of your day.
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Believe it or not, I've never put someone on ignore, here or in-game. My group interactions outside of seasonal instances and the Stabilizer duo are infrequent enough that the number of bad experiences is pretty small, and the odds of me running into a bad actor again are even smaller. That and no one has ever gone so far over the edge that I felt the need to eliminate all contact with them.

And no, that's not intended as a challenge. LOL

And like I said, I don't view it as wasted time because I gave it up willingly and still got what I wanted out of the instance. The other person was the one who left and most likely had to queue up again and lost that time to get what they wanted.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Fair enough, although at that point I'd have taken a screenshot, possibly a quick video for 5minutes showing no movement, reported them for griefing and left ;) - because they typed to you they distinguished themselves from inadvartent AFK (things happen in life) to actively griefing you.

I mean, the better outcome isn't wasting 100minutes of your day it's making them take a 3-4 day holiday from the game entirely :D
    • Like x 4
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'll do it solo, middle finger to the uncooperative, and then on with my day. I suppose it comes down to whatever form of conflict resolution you personally prefer : if you'd rather the satisfaction of dropping an old school cow brick off in their cheerios, well, stick to them guns - if you'd rather the satisfaction of knowing you're not a layabout and you didn't need their help anyway, well.

Besides, I like seeing how well multiplayer content runs a person (or three) down so... sometimes it's an unexpected gift.
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yes. Ran the Event on my puppy tank last night : caught one of the DPS sitting outside of the combat area pretending to fight during Ivy, and during the last fight? Our healer literally sat as close to the wall as they could and cast CoP ON THEMSELVES.

Bastards.
    • Like x 1
  19. Brit Loyal Player

I actually quite like this option. In PvP, if a player does not meet the minimum contributions, they do not receive the consolation losing Marks.
    • Like x 1
  20. AV Loyal Player

Yeah I really don't understand why that isn't applied here.
    • Like x 1