Mute AOE boxes to tackle gold spammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Here's a crazy idea that is never going to be implemented probably but I thought it was a fun idea to share anyway. Give everyone 1 mute box per day when they login. The mute box has a certain AOE range similar to existing AOE ranges and you can only place 1 box per day. If more than 10 (15?) mute boxes are placed in the same place than anyone standing in this area cannot send a text to the chat system. This way players can have a bit of influence over gold spammers and if the gold spammers decide to stand in a crowded area, players can still push them away with barrels and put them in a kiddy time-out zone.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Oh man...that sounds fun. #MutetheWatchtower
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

Hmm...not sure it will be as helpful. It will most likely upset a lot of players.
  4. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Only if you stand in one place, never move and spam the same message over and over again. Plus the AOE needs to be applied by at least 10 people so it's not like one of these boxes will not allow you to sent messages if you stand in the AOE range if it didn't hit 10 (or whatever number) AOEs. I just thought it was a fun idea to counter bot spam without Daybreak having to spent resources on it and let the community work it out. Trying to think outside of the box and all that jazz.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I already do that...I play in the PVP Phase :D .
    • Like x 3
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Since my toons are viilains (save for an old auction house mule), this wouldn't be so I don't have to see the Watchtower chat. It'd be purely for the rage threads on the forums, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

you know what would be funnier? i assume they are programmed to just keep hitting the pc equivalent of X. so go into an event raid with your buddies,disband it except for you, start inviting the shout chat bots who are theoretically programmed to accept. & trap them all in that event raid.
  8. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

This could be abused so easily. No thanks. Just put the money spammer bots on ignore.
    • Like x 2
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Most of them have invites turned off. I'll occasionally grab one for the league for the lulz, though.
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

can we have a report system for bots baked into the game, automate it for 10 reports within a certain amount of time. The account will be muted from shout and the account will be reviewed.