Devs please fix this ASAP!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TomShepard, Oct 17, 2019.

1. TomShepard Active Player

Devs i know you are busy at this very moment with maintenance but when you see this:please FINALLY remove that annoying Amanda Waller intro from EVERY DAMN instances.You have been asked this countless times,yet stil nothing.You do realise her intro is ruining all your nicely "crafted" intros for ALL episodes,right?? Not just the normal instances,events too.Gonna be honest there are quite few intros i like,for example the brand new False idols.I cant hear a bloody thing WW is saying because im hearing Amanda telling me i dont get to complain i WILL cooperate with them.So at this point why you even bother with all the hard work making nice intros and dialoggues for new dlcs if all i will hear anyway is Amanda??
    I get it,it was to advertize your last pvp but nobody gives a damn but ruining the game.The event is funnier because i hear Amanda AND Phantom S./ Tala at the same time.
    This is unacceptable on multitude levels.And yes i have it switched off in the menu.
    Please.
    • Like x 8
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm tired of Waller as well.
    • Like x 5
  3. Controller Devoted Player

I don't get the Amanda Waller hate.

Do people here dislike HER voice in the game OR just because her voice is glitched sometimes?
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The whole point of Amanda Waller's intro is to announce to everyone that you are now in a cross faction instance. This is especially important information if you're going for feats that are faction specific. This helps cut down on the number of "false" complaints that certain feats aren't attainable because of a "bug" when the truth is that you're going for a faction specific feat. It's also fair warning for people who role play but forget to turn on/off their faction exclusion option.

While it can be appreciated that "you" don't need (or want) this notice, there are other players to consider.

If you really need to hear the instances that bad, form your own faction specific group instead of blind queuing and you won't get that notice.
    • Like x 9
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I believe there is also a option to disable queing with opposing faction players.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Actually that option only prevents you from being put into the opposing faction's instance (and not with opposing faction players as originally thought). What that basically works out to is that if you don't have any "issues" running with opposing faction (say a hero working with a villain) but you don't want to actually help the opposing side (like helping Circe instead of Wonder Woman for example), this will keep you on your side's instance.

I can only imagine that it was done this way to help the low population villain side (imagine how much worse the queues would be if you were restricting yourself to playing with villains only).
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

It's because she says the exact same thing and it often cuts through what actual relevant characters say at the beginning of an instance.
    • Like x 2
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

> The whole point of Amanda Waller's intro is to announce to everyone that you are now in a cross faction instance. This is especially important information if you're going for feats that are faction specific. This helps cut down on the number of "false" complaints that certain feats aren't attainable because of a "bug" when the truth is that you're going for a faction specific feat.

That's fine but it still cuts through speech that is actually relevant to the story. It gets annoying. And honestly I'm surprised to know they still have faction specific feats at endgame.

> It's also fair warning for people who role play but forget to turn on/off their faction exclusion option.

While it can be appreciated that "you" don't need (or want) this notice, there are other players to consider.

If you really need to hear the instances that bad, form your own faction specific group instead of blind queuing and you won't get that notice.

Or maybe just change it to a phrase that appears either in your text box or in bold letters across your screen saying, "you are in a cross faction instance" or something along those lines. I would honestly bet that a lot of people just tune Amanda out anyways and a written message would probably get the point out clearly without disturbing much. And to be fair, blind queuing (at least in my experience) is generally much faster, especially for older content because many new players don't even have the LFG function set for their chat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

People play with the sounds on? Huh.
    • Like x 5
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

lol what he said ^ havent had sound in almost a decade.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dene Devoted Player

LOL this is me when people discuss the music in the game.. I think i had music turned on for a week at the start of my DCUO playing - back in 2012
    • Like x 2
  12. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Just flash some text across the screen that says:

You are now in a cross faction instance.

The point is, why go to all that trouble of fabricating something about the Suicide Squad, etc. just to let us know they are populating the instance with people from the villain (or hero) side. (I'm guessing this change happened sometime around the release of the Suicide Squad movie?) I honestly didn't know what Amanda Waller's little speech meant until someone in the forum was nice enough to explain it to me.

And dude has a point, the opening narration for the instances are there for a reason. They let you have some inkling of an idea of what the story line for the battle is (not that it matters to all players, but to some it does).
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't think you guys fully appreciate the playerbase we have on our hands here. The Devs have employed that method of communication you've recommended...and despite that people STILL to this day fail to notice what's happening on said screen. Now if people can ignore that so easily during important moments in instances, what exactly makes you think that these people will notice they're in a Task Force XX (crossfaction) mission by seeing the big red letters on the screen???

Again, if you blind queue and it goes cross faction, you get Amanda Waller. Don't want to hear her, form a group. Otherwise, you put up with her speech for a moment and then you keep it moving. Besides, how many times do you really need to hear what's being said in the story??? I mean if you run the instances every week you should know the story by now.
  14. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The thing of it is that since lately everything has been hero centered even if you do run crossfaction although the feats are named differently they have the exact same objectives and both sides can get the exact same feat. For instance in Batcave Breach the feat for the little boxes is named differently but has the same objective. Go in there with a hero and a villain who don't have the feat. Get all 10 boxes and watch as both get the feat. Heroes get "you got jammed" villains get "bat-tracking" at the same time from the same objective. Sure in the past the instances had different bosses depending on faction and that could affect feats like the parole feat in oa science cells. But it has been a looong time since Heroes and villain feats had actually different objectives. Atleast when it comes to group content.
    • Like x 1
  15. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

makes it too hard to hear ppls mics if u have sound on
    • Like x 1
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

If the devs cuts her voice she will yank their leashes ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Who's to say that Amanda's speech is just as effective? I have been playing for more or less seven years and I had no idea what that meant until I got familiar with Suicide Squad and Task Force X and their whole lore. I can imagine a new player who isn't very familiar with DC not understanding the point of Amanda's speech. Honestly, I think the message would get across more clearly in text (either in the text box or across the screen) probably because more than likely people will watch the screen as they play rather than always listening to the audio.

And again, blind queueing is just faster, at least in mine and my friends' experience, especially for older content since many new players don't have the LFG function enabled. I don't think players should have to put up with Amanda's repetitive and interrupting speech just because they chose to blind queue. Putting it explicitly on a screen in text makes more sense to me and doesn't disturb the audio. We already have that function in game anyways, i.e "you are loot locked from this instance." I would much rather have that text than say Oracle constantly saying, "hey, you have completed this mission before, so don't expect any praise" and cutting through the dialogue of the actual instance.

As for your second point, it doesn't necessarily need to be a matter of "needing" to hear the story. Some people just want to. Whether if it's because they want to feel in the moment or whatever it may be. And not everyone runs a particular instance every week. Personally, I have been blind queueing for some older alerts that I never really played (DLC came out when I was taking a break) and I have yet to hear the beginning words in an instance since there's usually a villain in my instance.
  18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Depending on who you ask thats not necessarily a bad thing ;)
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

She was pretty easy to drown out after awhile. Bigger things to worry about in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  20. slyvanman New Player

Finally, someone who uses logic, which is in short supply nowadays. Thank you.

However, I do not understand why people are forcing theirselves to continue to play this game, when the negatives outweigh the positives. Seriously, it's no longer a video game. It is the digital catwalk for a virtual fashion show. xD All these Devs care about is creating the next best material, to make you pull your wallet out and buy them. For this and 1000 other reasons, I deleted the game and am done with both Daybreak and Sony's shenanigans.

So to all my fellow players, I will part ways leaving you with this pearl of wisdom: Do not be a fool.

"Onward and upwards awaits greatness" SM