Acquiring Op items or should I say not.....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Oct 11, 2019.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So I play a lot and still have never even received a op collection from the Atlantis solo or alert despite running them every day for months. Now this dlc we went back to collections for the op item and I'm in the same boat. The drop rates on the collections are absolutely terrible. I know a guy who literally reset the solo in this dlc 100+ times before he got the collection he needed from it, thats crazy and that is not how you should be treating dedicated players or heck any players.

With the amount of time I play and replays I spend on the content I should have gotten the op neck twice already but I'm not even half way to it.

Another thing that happens from collections being so rare is the broker prices are insane. I have 400 mil right now and that used to be a ton of money, now that will buy me one collection if I'm lucky.

I really think we need to go back to how the OP back was in the last dlc. With that method all my running content actually paid off and I was able to get the OP back in a timely manor. Where in this dlc I will likely never get the neck and thats sad especially with how much time I put into this game.

Please change the system back. Last dlc it was more of running the content to get to the Op item cause it was basically a mark sink and by the time you got enough marks you more than likely had the catalysts from all the runs you did. This time its just pure luck and thats a terrible thing to do to players cause some like myself and I'm sure many others will prob never get all the collections while others get them a few times and put them in the broker for outrages prices making them unreachable by most of the population and also adding to the already ridiculous broker prices.
    • Like x 22
  2. Proxystar #Perception

The collections in Atlantis weren't even as bad as these current ones or the Riddle with Crime ones, but that's potentially just mathematical variance, with that being said though during the Atlantis DLC the collections were around 50mil for the rarest ones, given the rare ones from the current DLC are hundreds of millions something has gone completely insane with either the drop rates or the economy, I'm picking the drop rates.

I agree the JLD OP item was by far the best system we've had so far so it's horribly confusing why they've now elected to change it yet again...

I know people that run riddled with crime stuff every day and every week and still don't have that OP item, which is insanity at this point.

I agree with you, it should be changed back, hopefully you get your OP collections from Atlantis.
    • Like x 9
  3. Brit Loyal Player

The new Metal system for the OP items makes perfect sense to me.

They brought back the horrible RNG element of Collections, but combined it with the mandatory inventory clutter of the JLD crafted item, so that they could intentionally give us the worst from both methods.
    • Like x 13
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I ended up just buying the 2 collections from the alert and the one from the solo. They were around 70-180mil at the time which was still expensive but like you said nothing like the crazy prices we have now.

I still ran the solo and alert everyday even after buying the collections just to see if I would ever get them as kind of a science thing lol, but when this dlc came out I gave up. DC rng won like usual :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The prices wer starting to creep down and then in a matter of minutes a day or two before double marks somebody bought all of the rarer collections under $250M. By the next day, the lowest price of each had doubled what it was the day before. Gotta love a system in which billionaires are alowed to manipulate and control market prices.
    • Like x 6
  6. dportmike New Player

what will be done about this...that is the question.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea that's super annoying when people do that. Something needs to be done about the economy in this game. We need a lower broker cap and hell maybe even a money cap so people can't be insanely rich and keep doing what you said and driving the prices up even more.

If they wiped everyone's money and left us with 200k I wouldn't even be mad at this point lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

They'd have to do it without warning because otherwise people will find ways to hide and move money, they'd have to then be prepared to weather the storm from such a move too, it would lose some players for sure, but it'd probably also gain some.
    • Like x 1
  9. AV Loyal Player

I don't think people realize how much harder it would be to make money relative to the value of things if something like that happened though. There are insanely rich people now, yes, but those same people are the ones spending tens to hundreds of millions on things during the first weeks of any episode/TC that ultimately get put on the broker for $1 when things settle. The only truly inflated items are og cosmetics in trade.

There are pros and cons to this economy and it's actually a lot less work if we're smart about it; all people have to do is wait, generally, since the broker system hella punishes failure to sell. If someone did manipulate the Mangled Warsuit Gauntlet price they likely realized that few people would be spamming the solo during double marks and that the supply would dry up combined with the fact that ppl being able to turbo farm "How to Destroy the Multiverse" would increase demand... but as soon as double marks ends and ppl see what the price is at they'll go back to the solo looking for that payday... so whoever did it stands to lose quite a bit and all it takes is people waiting a few days for them to get punished hard. 150-250mil is where the rare OP items generally settle.

Overall, DCUO's is still the most accessible MMO economy I've ever seen, and it's easy for any player to make a fortune just by playing the game like normal without having to do any farming/grinding or actual work. Best thing to do in these situations is just laugh at w/e is manipulating an item (they're paying tens of millions for each failed list attempt and are still stuck with an item they have to move) and whoever's silly enough to buy at the inflated prices.

Edit: The other thing people should do is look at trade chat more often. Seems like no one does this. Eg. When I had a Gauntlet to sell I was offering minimum 5% less than broker obo every few minutes for days and still about a dozen from the broker sold before I moved mine... and I ultimately sold mine for more because the broker price had gone back up as a result. People in this game are just really impatient and bad with their money for no reason.

Edit 2: Because of the aforementioned factors surrounding the OP items during a 2x mark weekend, it's also entire possible that no one is manipulating the market and we're just seeing a normal supply & demand relationship. The solo is typically not worth spamming for people concerned about their marks:time ratio during double marks and more marks = more people looking to get that sweet sweet sex collar.
    • Like x 3
  10. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Doesn't make any sense to wipe cash when there are gold sites and villain faction glitchers buying up rare items to hoard. A cash wipe would only encourage people to buy cash, while glitchers and gold buyers remain unscathed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

With so many ill-informed people asking for a cash wipe lately, I've started buying items so that I'm not so liquid. I'm sure a lot of other broker-people are, too.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The cash wipe includes gold sellers, if they were to wipe the cash and im not saying they should, but how exactly do the gold sellers hide their cash, all spread out over multiple accounts, I'm sure that could be easily picked up if just a little effort was put in.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hehehe...hoarding is my friend and can be your friend, too!:D

I have never supported the idea for a cash wipe; however, if it does happen I will be prepared.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Haha starting to get worried? :p
    • Like x 1
  15. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Yep, calculated risk. I bought 8 Luthor's for like 250-275mil out of the broker and with another friend, had it cleaned out the night before reset/double weekend started. Worse case scenario, I knew I would lose the broker fee for all of them to resell at the same price i bought at, but if I was able to reset it to 700-800mil like before, even if I undercut myself to 400-500 the profit would still be extreme. Unfortunately, when I woke up, someone had already put one at 500 and then 350/360 which pissed me off that someone chose to reset the price so low, but I still ended up selling them for 316-350mil over the first 2 days so I still made like half a bil profit.
    • Like x 1
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, it wouldn't exactly be the first time the powers that be did something ill-thought because the masses grabbed their pitchforks, no matter how ill-informed. The drums are beating that "SOMETHING, ANYTHING" must be done.
    • Like x 1
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If they reset everyones money even the gold sellers wouldn't have any money to sell. Assuming they hit all characters and mail too. Then they put super low cap on the broker and trade windows to make it hard to sell things for crazy prices.
    • Like x 1
  18. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

2 issues
    1 - you can't encourage people to buy cash that doesn't exist because of the wipe :rolleyes:
    2 - You can have all the rare items you want, if people only have 20k, you're not getting your 2bil for the diamond mat you have anytime soon. The in-game currency value gets reset which means any direct selling of old rare things is gone. You can shout to trade it for the same value previously as real life currency (against ToS technically) or you can trade it for other cosmetics that other ppl who hoarded have, but you're not getting anywhere. The ratio of price between rare items and other common items such as Exo-Materials and Catalysts is going to decrease because those are going to be the items that people need to purchase and are able to trade. There's no point in having a Luthor collection when noone can pay you more for it than they can pay for something more common. The economic gap between players wouldn't be great enough to reflect that difference in rarity. You'd be stuck hoarding for that much longer until there is a gap, but you'll be broke meantime like everyone else.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I like how you say ill-informed.....I know how the game is played and I play it myself, well except for recently cause i'm over it. If you can't see how messed up the economy on this game is your crazy.

Anyway I didn't ask for a reset just said I wouldn't mind if they did. This thread is about the terrible process to obtain Op items.
    • Like x 1
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I've always had the worst luck with OP collections. I've never been able to get any of the rare ones to drop for me from any episode. I do only run one character so i know that makes a huge difference compared to the people who run these instances 5-10 times a day with all their alts. Then this episode came out and all of a sudden my luck completely turned. I've gotten almost all the rares to drop and I even got 1 from the Atlantis alert and the Faded Joker Collection from the Jokes vs Riddles weekly on the same day. Your luck will eventually turn, even if it takes 2 1/2 to 3 years for it to happen like it took me lol