Nature Healing help

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Awsome, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Awsome Well-Known Player

Hi, I am starting to build up my nature healer, but I can't seem to get a proper load out. I looked into tutorials, but I can't seem to find one that is up-to-date. Does anyone have any advice on what powers to go with, and how to implement the proper rotation?

Also, I refuse to use bug form (or any shape shifting ability)? So does anyone have any advice without that SC?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Savage Growth
    Metabolism
    Cross Pollination
    Swarm Shield
    Flourish
    Blossom
    At the start of the fight cast:
    SG + Meta + CP
    These 3 Pheromones stack and heal over time.

Cast Flourish regularly to refresh and spread Pheromones.
    Shield and Blossom for emergency heals.
    • Like x 4
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i went with 1. carnage (dps group buff) 2. swarm shield 3. bloom 4. savage growth, 5. flourish and 6. blossom. i also suggest using orb of arion and demon fang for the power/resto balance and spectral acolyte which is great for when you need autonomy or heals outside of active healing like when say you're stunned or constantly knocked back. i rarely lose group members and the ones who usually do fall are those who get wiped out like 12 times in a single run while everybody else has 1 or 2. also suggest symbol of the 7 for those situations where you come under fire by lots of mobs which the tank can't aggro pull.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. Carnage is no longer a group damage buff, that was changed during the revamp. It is a self Precision buff.
    2. A self Precision buff does not benefit the group and has no place in a healing loadout.
    • Like x 2
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i knew as soon as i put that in there they'd change the buff. oh well back to briar, at least i can stun a bit with that. now i'm REALLY wishing they hadn't made harvest a plain old poison stun ability and had left it like howl where it was HOTS/DOTS.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Instead of another DPS ability, why don't you put a heal in your healing loadout?
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i pretty much do my loadout in 1 2 3 fashion except for blossom, i'll hit that if i notice someone going down fast across the field or if a situation in general is going south, so stun then shield followed by several cycled HOTS. which is why i said i wish they'd left harvest well enough alone, i could stun (prevent damage) and heal from the back of the raiding party cause harvest would be healing the dps directly from the mobs themselves. "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" as the saying goes.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In an alert where you will probably not have a tank or troll to CC adds, sure this loadout could pass.

In a raid setting where you do have a tank and troll, a two-stack HoT isn't going to pass for long. You're trying to perform a task that isn't a part of your role and no one else in the group is trying to perform yours.
    • Like x 1
  9. Awsome Well-Known Player

Ok, so if Im understanding this right, I literally only need to cast metabolism, cross poll, and savage growth once per fight, and then just use flourish constantly throughout?
  10. Awsome Well-Known Player

Right now, I’m running Starheart, Demon Fang, and Orb.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Correct. If I get stunned or frozen, or if there is a pause in the fight I will recast Pheromones just to be safe. I would drop the Starheart for Omegahedron or Philosophers Stone.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ryuvain2 Level 30

Just to clarify, savage growth can cc adds even in raids.

Roar is underrated.
    • Like x 1
  13. Awsome Well-Known Player

Just wanted to give you an update. I tried all of your advice, and I have become much more effective, so THANK YOU! Honestly, I was really missing two things, Savage Growth and Flourish. Flourish is a game changer!

I have one more question. Does anyone know how much time I have before I absolutely need to cast flourish again. Right now I just cast it every time its off cooldown, but I want to know what my buffer is before I have to recast everything (which is a power drain for sure).
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Each Pheromone is around 10 ticks, I just cast Flourish when it comes off cool down.
    • Like x 2
  15. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I'm not 100%, but I believe the HoTs from the pheromones are 12 seconds long. I usually just pop flourish when it's off cooldown just to be on the safe side.

I'm not nature at the moment so I can't tell, but you should be able to cast pheromones on yourself and then bring up your active effects tab (up on d-pad on PS) and then scroll to the bottom to find the pheromone effect. It should say how long it lasts for.
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Sadly it doesn't show, but pheromons do last around 12 seconds.

[IMG]
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this is exactly the loadout I run also works great
    • Like x 1
  18. NibellaRin Active Player

Same for me. I cast Savage Growth and Cross Pollination at the start of any fight and recast them roughly every 10 seconds while using hand blast weapon attacks in between for power regen. I do this because the first heals out are bursts stronger than the HoTs that follow. When someone drops fast, I cast Flourish and if that's not bringing them up fast enough I cast my Blossom while running Orb of Arion and hit swarm shield. I save my supercharge for when I see the whole group drop fast or if I know a massive hit is about to come like when the green lantern construct or yellow lantern construct go down in the Batcave Breach alert. I alternate my supercharge with the controller's when in raids if it's possible.

I use Orb of Arion, Scrap of the Soul Cloak and Eye of Gemini and my healer is a flyer. Flight has proven best for healing from what I can tell.

In my utility belt I also run a trinket resto buff and personal dampening field as an extra shield for myself along with supply drop and orbital.

Also, get tumbling master for your feet if you don't have it already.
    • Like x 1
  19. Brit Loyal Player

I guess I'm kind of the outlier, but I dropped Flourish off my loadout in favor of having a Supercharge for Gemini purposes.

I run Savage Growth, Cross Pollination, Metabolism (as a three sequence clip), then I have Swarm Shield, Blossom, and a Supercharge (I've been fiddling back and forth between like Regen as a heal, and using a 25% supercharge just for more Gemini activations).

I run Orb, Demons Fang, and Gemini as artifacts, all at 160+. The Demons Fang was originally intended just to offset the cost of using Blossom with Orb, but I find that the power regen is good enough at this point that reapplying all HoTs isn't too horrifically taxing, so having Flourish just for the refresh is less important. Plus, as NibellaRin pointed out, the first ticks on Savage Grwoth and Cross Pollination have an initial burst heal that is stronger than the HoT, so I just prefer to reapply them instead of Flourishing to refresh the duration.

I'm not saying that my way is necessarily better. It may just be the result of running different Artifacts to try and create a more burst-heavy Nature Healing and overcome certain challenges, but I've been able to consistently run the endgame Elite Raids over the past few Episodes while using this build.

I've tried dropping the Supercharge and putting in Flourish, but I don't really notice a significant increase in steady healing or power efficiency, and I definitely notice the pain of not having that Supercharge when it's needed.
  20. Void cell Well-Known Player

I use...

Bloom,blossom,swarm shield,savage growth, metabolism, insect form

Gemini,soul cloak and demons fang.

Will probably remove soul cloak for philosophers stone.