Can we get an ETA on new abilities? These powers are stale....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Oct 10, 2019.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

Thought the revamp was supposed to pave the way for new abilities...

Are there really no iconic moves that can be added? Aren’t all powers already balanced/inline with each other? I mean that was the point of the revamp, right?

Can’t you(dev’s) just add the iconic moves from the iconic legends characters to the iconic power menu?..., is it really that hard since every ability is supposedly inline with the others?

And on a side note, I love how OP precision is now... :/
    • Like x 4
  2. RLManuel Committed Player

And fellow forum members don’t use the “their understaffed” excuse cause it seems like they’ve been “understaffed” for years now...
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

New Artifacts coming in a couple months. ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. RLManuel Committed Player

Yay! More unnecessary mass farming/grinding :/
    • Like x 5
  5. Brit Loyal Player

If you're wanting an ETA on new powers, then you're going to be disappointed. They have openly stated that they are not working on new powers at this time, so the ETA would be... not anywhere in the foreseeable future.

It's not a matter of understaffed. It's a matter of priorities. Powersets didn't sell well enough to be worth the amount of work that they take. And since Iconic Powers are free and don't even really have an option to monetize, they definitely aren't going to be making them any money. It's PvE Episodes and Cosmetics for the foreseeable future. They're only doing what they believe is going to make them the most money, based on the metrics they've seen from past and current purchases.
    • Like x 5
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

As much as I would like to see some powersets introduced (sound for example) I think we're at a good spot. We have 15 powers and 9 (?) or so weapons. Some games can only dream of that. I would much rather see them pour their resources into other things like PvP, the next episodes, new incentives for older content (like a sidekick system), and open worlds.

Not saying this is what they must do, just my opinion as to what they should do.
    • Like x 3
  7. Minie Well-Known Player

Absolutely. Plus, no powers or abilities are gender locked (unlike alot of MMOs), I think we are defenitley in a good spot. Sure we all want more powers but it's not really necessary.
    • Like x 2
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

what about the unforeseeable future? :D
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No plans to share right now.
    • Like x 4
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Will there one day be plans to eventually share plans? Asking for a friend.
    • Like x 6
  11. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I'd go ahead and put this up as your signature ;).

What?!?! :p
    • Like x 3
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

No plans atm But SMH I would love a wind powerset ^-^.
  13. Raven Roth Committed Player

Give Celest some shadowy abilities if something is being considered :)
    • Like x 2
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

You were beat at DPS by 30 million fair and square my young man...wags finger...o_O...:rolleyes:...;)
    • Like x 1
  15. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

That sounds like something is there but Nothing to share ^-^ .
  16. Ryuvain2 Level 30

Really hope this means something is at least being thought of.

That's the main reason I don't play much anymore. Most claim they're satisfied but they don't represent all of us.
    • Like x 5
  17. Raven Roth Committed Player

Abilities I wanna pitch for celestial are:

Tenebrae - Summon a tentacle made of shadow to attack nearby enemies with dark lightning(Combos with Radiance).

Hell's Grasp - Summon hands from the ground that that pin your enemies to the ground(Combos with Celestial Void).

Gaurdian Angel/Sin Demon - Summons an angel to protect you in healer role. Summons a demon to attack enemies in damage role.

Radiance - Unleash a burst of holy light stunning and burning nearby enemies.

Celestial Void - Create a nebulous field around yourself that heals all allies within it while damaging and pushing enemies away.
    • Like x 5
  18. MisterJC New Player

I like these suggestions...you could even add in shadow portal (works like the quantum teleport move)
    • Like x 1
  19. Megzilla Developer

Oceans at the idea of even more powers to make FX/materials/general wizardry for:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 20
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 10