Episodes are getting repetitive now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Thats understood. Especially after recent history. I understand man. As Proxy said, Im just overly excited to possibly have the elite alerts back. Any insight as to if we can do this or not would be great if/when the time permits.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I wouldn't but I can't speak for others, who no doubt might I guess.

My intention wasn't to somehow cause you to comit, I was just simply curious what would 'possibly' have to be sacrified.

I appreciate any thought the development team would honestly consider putting into the idea of bringing back elite alerts in any case. :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Minie Well-Known Player

I Agree with the beginning, but if they take marks out from open-missions, wouldn't it be the same as it is now?

Basically it would give the illusion we get more marks but in reality it's the same amount, just redistributed. I think this idea doesn't need balancing, it's no argument that we need more marks, it's kind of necessary.

I think they should add maybe 1 additional mark to each open-mission and add maybe 1-2 additional mark/marks to the 2-player Qs, 2 additional marks to the 4-player Qs, and raids can remain the same.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on either statement.
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree more with this because I love open world. Though I do wish it was a little less tedious/repetitive. But in general, the activities (that aren't weekly) are fun in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  5. Invitation2Hades Well-Known Player

+1 for nuking the "subdue x amount of adds" counter mission.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Oh i completely agree, i just dont think the devs would give us more marks so i picked the area in my opinion where reduced marks would be the least impactful and that is the outdoor weeklies like bounties and do thing x amount of times
  7. Raven Roth Committed Player

Solos should be like Amazon Fury's, they were so immersive and fun even though they took long, plus the rewards were worth it. Unlike The current solo which is unnecessarily long and boring with thousands of adds at every turn, and for all that effort you just get a single mark...
    • Like x 2
  8. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I’m a huge fan of open world, too. Some days, I barely have time to play, and it’s great to log in just for a few minutes and finish a mission.

I would love switching out an elite raid for an elite alert! I don’t play elite raids, but I used to run elite alerts. Not only would they be great to provide more options for what to play, but they could serve as a bridge from normal to elite content, making it easier for the game to offer an extremely punishing elite raid for those who like that type of content. Don’t get me wrong, the elite alert still needs to be elite, just not play-until-your-fingers-bleed challenging. Players can get renown from the elite alert and start buying elite gear. The elite raid could be almost unbeatable without some elite gear, but with the elite alert, you solve the catch-22 of needing elite gear to beat the elite raid.

For on duty content, I strongly suggest switching the formula of 2 bosses per solo/duo and 2-3 bosses per alert/raid. Mix it up a little, and maybe, occasionally, use the approach from Paradox Wave and Universal Soldier where the group’s decision control aspects of what/how many bosses they face.

As much as I love open world, there are areas to improve. I would like to see an end to the KO x minions. One option is to go back to the approach of do 5 missions for [mission granter npc]. Another could be a group task like Applied Sciences. Or we could have a weekly R&D mission of some kind. Also, please bring back the easier bounty we can solo.
    • Like x 2
  9. Phoenix Five Active Player

HmHHm.. I have an idea. If you have some time to read through it.... here it goes.

So in movies, videogames, and in the comics you kind of see villains rising to power, and heroes sort of stopping the rising villains from rising to even more power..

What if in the videogame DC Universe Online you could do an instance that lets you be that villain that rises to power?
    If you would like to break the loop from sort of playing a rescue squad in every instance, what about playing a terrible villain or hero?

A villain that can be compared with the level for example of Circe or Trigon?
    A hero that can be compared with the level for example Beast boy or the Martian Manhunter

Be the reason why a rescue (suicide) squad is needed?
    Perhaps these instances could be a continuation of the "Halls of power" / Home turf dlc, where they maybe incorporate the league hall that is created, or your base that you've built into an instance where heroes or villains fight their way through the area to battle you for the Loots! Yes for the loots people.

Now, this does start to sound a little bit like PVP, but it would be nice if this could be possible as PVE content where with an 8 man team, (that is how powerful you are as that villain or hero,) you need to get defeated.

Why would you queue up to get defeated you might ask? For "Mark of Turf" with which you can buy wonderful sets of gear inspired by DCUO's greatest heroes and villains. (Or maybe the developers can set up a fan contest to design or create some fan created gear that DCUO developers are rooting for, and would love to implement into the game DC Universe Online.)

Or maybe the hero or villain that you have to defeat, is randomly selected through a selection system.
    However I think it is nicer if you have control over your own character when the heroes, and villains who are coming to stop you, are trying to 8 man you down.

It'd be nice to have more "Turf" content.
    • Like x 1
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Honestly i gotta say. When gear actually dropped as the best gear in game and we had elite alerts with elite gear i spent a lot of replays. I use to care about elite gear. But since they are always gated off in elite raids to get renown to buy it I just cant be bothered to get a group together anymore. I second bringing back elite alerts. Id be more interested in elite gear again even having to get renown to buy it.
    • Like x 1
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

While we're on the subject. We should get elite duos aswell and elite missions in open world. The path to elite gear is raid only and u know 90% of the player base isn't gonna go for that. It's just too crazy to waste ur time in something that could take 5 hours or 5 hours looking for one person. because one person left or u all got dc and have to run it again or ur mom took ur controller and the group keeps getting koed. Either way the elite alerts will not change, the fact that I could waste my time trying to beat it. with nothing in return for my time which is not what I want and I hope that's not what u all want. So lets put this to rest plz
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think we need to have a serious discussion about the way the OP item is handled in this episode. It's been a huge step backwards and not player friendly at all .
    • Like x 5
  13. Raven Roth Committed Player

And I would also like to add that base items shouldn't be the reward for nearly every single normal collection
    • Like x 4
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

There is at least one good thing about the OP item in this DLC: to get a second one so you can have an appropriate mod in it for your role only costs 40 coin-of-the-DLC once you get the first one completed. Other than that, the ultra-rare collections whose drop rates are being hindered by the seasonal drops, is definitely a step back.

I would also like to see the way of getting an OP item to be more alt-friendly.
    • Like x 1
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

the drop rates are not being hindered by seasonal drops. It is its own slot. You can get both a seasonal drop and the collection (I did last night when I got the Luthor drop. It was a super long list of items that also included seasonal drops.)
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We're going to hold you to that....

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  17. Skullzin New Player

+1
    Liked the idea of Elite solos, duos and Elite Alerts back.
    • Like x 3
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

Also, please don't reuse maps as much as Metal did. The first part of Breached was literally just Inner Sanctum with a new area.
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Please bring back Elite alerts.

- Ice
    • Like x 1
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Please bring back styles as collection rewards :( We have So much of base items as it is..
    • Like x 2