Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there is a Trident in game already. (not exactly the one from Aquaman of the Atlantis Episode tho - if that was the one you were asking for)
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Pretty sure there are a couple staffs that are variations on that design.
    So they could even just put the style in the vault as a drop or create a style vendor for weapons.
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A style vendor for weapons.
    That last post I made makes me wonder if that’s do-it-able.
    I mean the arboretum area in the watchtower where we reset skill points has 2 costume style vendors and a hair vendor. Or at least it did, haven’t visited that area in a while.
    So could we add another vendor that sells weapon styles, in the same way and under the same rules the costume vendors in that area do?
    • Like x 1
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

plus for those toxic avenger fans :D
    • Like x 1
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree it’s a good idea for all those secret identities that work in stores, restaurants, or as janitors for public schools. But those toxic avenger fans are getting something out of it too.
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A two handed weapon that is a bar stool. Preferably the style of one of the base item stool.
    That way each time someone with a mic hits an enemy they can say “How would you like a STOOL sample?”
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Agreed, but we also need the matching outfits, too! Now I want to create a Hockey-themed character so he can engage in some "high sticking" with the bad guys! :cool:
  9. Shn275 Well-Known Player

How about a One-Handed or Dual-Wielded Scythe!? Something similar to either:
    Grail's weapon
    [IMG]

or

Darksider's Death
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. slyvanman New Player

Correct. It's already there as a staff weapon style. You'll have to have staff as your weapon in order to obtain the style.
  11. LegenDaddy New Player

I mean aquaman's trident in the atlantis DLC
    Not the greco roman trident from the shipyard.
    • Like x 1
  12. Blightwing New Player

I want to see precision actually become decent dps! Maybe better at burst single target dps? As to the post: Daggers!
  13. Shado5 New Player

I think it would be a great tribute if you added the tattered Superman cape on the stick for a staff weapon style!
  14. InterloperXIII New Player

Whips? I imagine this might difficult, but you could use it to trip enemies, bind and throw them, etc. This has probably already been mentioned. ^^'
  15. MisterJC New Player

Two handed katana
    [IMG]

Bladed fans
    [IMG]
    clawed gauntlets
    [IMG]

Retractable single blades

[IMG]

plus all the other suggestions; sai, etc
    • Like x 2
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

17. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Weapon. Season. Questions.

The very few weapons we get, or obtain pre-Seasonal Event are Staffs. The Shillelagh, during St. Patty's and 2 different Aquaman tridents, again staves (and befitting Summer). Beyond that... none that come to mind.
  18. Mr700 New Player

Cyborg updated hand blaster please
    • Like x 1
  19. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Not a weapon style, but would be fair to have Powerset-Themed weapon (Hand Blaster) attacks one day. Just sick of seeing all powers shooting light ray and electricity.
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I understand what you're asking for, but in the minds of the Devs, with the weapon you mentioned, they're already doing that. The color of the beams fired matches the base color of your power set animations. So, Green Lanterns fire green hand blaster beams, Ice characters fire blue beams, Sinestro Corps Members fire yellow beams, etc.

For most of the power sets, the Marketplace still has power themed weapon sets you can purchase and redeem on all your characters. But they still haven't made them for the newer powers (Water, Munitions, maybe Atomic) yet. For those, you might just want to use the power set themed Materials and apply them to your weapons, which definitely works. :cool: