plus size characters

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Plastique, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Plastique New Player

I always wanted to have a plus sized character on dc cause I have seen a couple of them as ai so I was wondering if it would be possible to actually have a player use that character model to make a character.
    • Like x 1
  2. Minie Well-Known Player

We've been told why we haven't gotten any new skin sizes is in simple form: Because it would require them to reprogram every single gear piece, aura, hairstyle, and accessory in the game (We're talking recoding around 500-1,000 from items from Scratch at a minimum, per gender) to fit the new sizes and look right.
    [IMG]

It would simply cost Daybreak too much for little to no profitable gain.:(
    Would be nice tho
    • Like x 3
  3. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I really need a fat female model.
    • Like x 1
  4. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There was an original plan to have such body types for players, to which there are existing examples of it on some NPCs (clown, detective, titanic trenton).

The NPCs were easy for them to make as they are a simple static design but unfortunately those for players just couldn't be made to work. Mainly there was nothing that didn't clip, styles, weapons, even just moving. From what I understand it was to big of a mess and they finally had to just cut that body type.
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Not going to dig for the threads since I think they are on the original forum posts which were archived and now gone but they have said they can't do the plus size characters because there are problems with them and major clipping issues.
    That's why we only get them as npc's.
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I would have loved to be a Titanic Trenton build. Alas, DCUO said they would never introduce those body types as playable for the sole reason that they want to fat-shame players and demand only beautiful model-like people are allowed to get superpowers.

Then they took the existing Gordon model and made him into the fat bodytype just to prove that they could do it without clipping issues, but they labeled him as "Evil Gordon" because they want to make sure that the playerbase knows that if you are fat, you are inherently a bad person.

I can't find the quote, but I'm pretty sure that's how the story goes.
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That sounds rather implausible.

Then they took the existing Gordon model and made him into the fat bodytype just to prove that they could do it without clipping issues[/quote] Design of a single NPC in a single costume isn't going to "prove" anything one way or another about player body clipping with the multitude of available styles.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Jim Lee has one rule...no fat chicks.
    • Like x 1