Episodes are getting repetitive now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Minie Well-Known Player

You have nothing else to add, your stance is indefensible and flawed, not even by logic but by common sense. Semantics or not, doesn't dispute that my OP is still valid in a sense that this DLC was a step backwards. It's by no means absolutely terrible, that much we can agree on. But everything except gear is a downgrade especially compared to what we all were expecting after a 6-month wait. But don't take my comments as a spin in the face to devs, it's far from that. I only want a better in game experience for us All (devs included) and we can't get a better experience in DCUO if we continue down this lack luster content path I fear.
    Good debate, Cold.
    • Like x 1
  2. Minie Well-Known Player

Exactly. Even Atlantis had some issues in this area. I just feel DMP1 is the worst it's been in a long time, look at The Teen Titans episode, Atlantis, maybe Deluge, JLD. They all had recycles but nowhere remotely near as many as DMP1, 1 original boss and 2 Semis out of 11? After 6 months? No original maps? Just the MoM map and that's technically a semi gotham. No new arts? No improved missions from kill count, no creative/updated OP item system? See? DCUO isn't improving at all, it's almost like it's downgrading DLC after DLC.

Edit: Actually I can understand why we don't have new arts, we got some good ones from JLD, and maybe wouldn't be good to overflood the game with arts.
    • Like x 1
  3. Azreaus Committed Player

Of course the episodes are repetitive, the Dev team have found a content layout they like :-

Open world Area (usually a reskin of part of Gotham/Metropolis/Central City) with a mix of Daily & Weekly Kill/Fetch quests.
    either a Solo or Duo
    Alert
    2 Raids (with normal and "Elite" versions)

It's been like this for a while and I can almost gaurante that DMP2 (and following episodes) will follow this layout
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Every episode has the same amount more or less of recycled characters going by your definition of "new"...so it can't be worse when it's the same. The main thing being recycled in this episode that could be seen as worrisome is the environments. And again, even if we went with your very narrow definition of "new" you can still say that the environment in the Monsters of Metal raid is still new since we haven't had any previous content in a fully frozen or vegetation overrun Gotham (so yes, it does make it new whether you want to believe it or not).

Mechanically speaking the Merciless is not new, but character-wise it is a new character...same with Red Death AND the Batman Who Laughs. Those characters had not been featured anywhere in the game before this episode, and their looks are straight from the comic books...which did not exist in the game before with the exception of the Red Death style from a previous Time Capsule.

Now despite any actual evidence, I have hope that we might see something different in Metal pt2 as far as the environment is concerned. I still expect some recycling here and there...but hopefully it's Metropolis and not even MORE Gotham...again.
    • Like x 2
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Lol no. You're infusing variables in a topic that calls for none. There are facts. Then their are you're variables you want to throw out. They're new characters. End of story. But yeah sure ok you win because i can't be bothered to go around in circles.
  6. Minie Well-Known Player

I disagree with a few things. But fair points. And absolutely not, I hope we get something original not another Metro with a new sky. But I'm not the one coding or making it happen so all this is only my opinion. I have high hopes for the future of DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I can understand it can get boring for some after awhile. Though I really like the way it is, I prefer get as much as solo stuff as possible and not be depended on other people. AF1 gave us 2 solos (Circe and Wonder Woman Iconic solos), Origin Crisis gave us
    the Iconic solos of Bizzaro and Huntress, I honestly wish they continued with those. But let us play the new models.
    Anyway, For me It's pretty much fine the way it is. But we can always hope Metal will bring like 2 duos or 2 solos and maybe
    skip an alert and make one raid. Who knows, to be honest. But this is a good feedback for the devs, so thank you for writing this.
    • Like x 2
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

in a way this suit does "sort of" fit, but only because of the cloak. robin wears something similar at some point in DC dark knights metal, but yes it IS weird that they added the donna troy look to it as well, so i agree that they most definitely screwed that suit over by trying to make it: 1/3rd apocalyptic robin, 1/3rd donna troy, and 1/3rd devastator...
    • Like x 1
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

agreed, which is something that never quite made sense to me. the justice league have their own comics printed throughout the year every year; however do batman, super man, flash, etc spend ALL of their time beating down cosmic gods with the league daily? no of course not. so why then do we have so much que/group related content for 8 or more people? shouldn't we be more like literally most other heroes/villains and work on our own for the most part? even nightwing/redhood broke away from batman to pursue their own stuff and there are A LOT of untapped potential story-lines of equal or better complexity and intrigue to the justice league storylines to be had in the solo adventures of several of DC's stand alone issues.
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't toss the word hate around all willy nilly...it loses its meaning that way...so understand me when I say that I absolutely HATED the Iconic solos...even after they nerfed it. I don't ever want to see that ever again. At least with the regular solos I can play the character as I created him/her to be...and I can get stronger, so the instance becomes less of a pain in the rear as time goes on. With iconic solos it doesn't matter if i'm cr100 or 284...the instance remains frustratingly the same...that's total crap. Why have I spent all this time and money to get stronger only to remain as useless as the first time I stepped foot in those solos, with crappy pre-made loadouts I can never change??? Thanks but no thanks.
    • Like x 7
  11. Eve YouTuber

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I really love playing as Iconics. My own made ones or actual Legends PvE.
    I don't mind the fixed loadouts, and the storyline was quite interesting to me. I love playing as Wonder Woman specifically.
    It gives a feeling of something different, you know? and It something I would expect from a comic book based huge open world game.

Edit: I'm a DC fan in general so for me the storylines & Iconics are a huge part of my gameplay experience.
    • Like x 2
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its poorly put together. i'm all for working with what you've got but it needs to be noted you also have to make what you've got work well.

for example the MoM map should have been used as our open world base of operations and the space we do our dailies in. Dark Metal gotham is boring. there is no sense of danger or urgency. barely feels like there is an invasion going on.

there are so many areas and locations. wouldnt it have been wild instead of coming out on Oa you come out onto a random rooftop in metropolis to fight sinestro. that one little change could have made that alert feel so exciting. let the stuff that goes on in the comics go on in the comics and give us our own stories to follow. something metal related could have been going on at the cao dam or all that beautiful open world beach space in metropolis.

as someone who has been requesting a donna troy inspired style for eight years it hurts finally getting something and having it be so off.

the solo is a mess. laggy, choppy. sentral city feels like open world gotham...boring. not really threatening. the only true dangers i've gfaced is my powers and the lag working against me. if the revamp decimated my mental powers the solo is the punchline because my powers fail even more in that instance..and you know, whatever. it is what it is...

and then we wonder why the game is empty...

shame really.
    • Like x 5
  13. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

same old **** brand new day :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Don`t worry, they will soon prove us all wrong: instead of releasing 1 solo/duo, 1 free mark, 3 dailies, 1 alert, 2 raids, 2 bosses and a grind mission, they will release TWO solo/duos, TWO free marks, FOUR dailies, TWO alerts, THREE raids, 3 bosses and both types of grind missions together.

Oh, but there will be a new boss: Bane, but with a white outfit instead of a black one. Totally new boss.

Go ahead and print this post. You know I'm right.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only thing I don't understand about your post is the word 'NOW' in the title....These got repetitive back around RwC if not earlier. Otherwise, totally agree.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From what I remember of the livestream, they said they knew it didn't quite fit with the episode but they really wanted to get that new Donna Troy gear into the game and available for players.

Not really sure what the fuss would be about, though. It's new gear and it has a cool look. Complaining that it doesn't fit with the episode just sounds like pointless nitpicking, and you're talking to someone who can easily engage in pointless nitpicking at the drop of a hat. LOL
    • Like x 3
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

eh, i'll never use it, but that's just cause it doesn't really fit thematically with anything i'm wearing. ah well, at least maybe the people asking for robin's metal outfit and donna troy's attire will be happy with it. i'm just hoping we get barbatos' hood and winged cloak.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

First off, I think you're trying to definitively argue something that can and will be highly subjective (good/bad elements of a particular episode) and that's a challenging thing to do under any circumstance.

Second, the development doesn't happen in a vacuum. Other projects that the team has to take on will probably have an impact on what kind of effort can be put into an episode, and bringing the game to yet another platform would fall right into that "having an impact" category.

Third? If anyone is expecting all-new everything with each episode release, they might want to either temper their expectations or settle in for longer waits. New takes time.

And just as a final personal note, I'd really like to know why so many people seem to think it's a cardinal sin that a game company would reuse assets and locations available to them, especially when those assets and locations are a central part of the story that's being told in the episode.

• Like x 2
  19. Minie Well-Known Player

Exactly, which is why I said "atleast imo". It's a extremely subjective topic for obvious reasons. Second, I already stated " I'm not a coder, or the one making it happen so it's only my opinion". You're making it seem as if I'm saying I have a objective opinion and that's clearly not true. I'm merely stating an opinion a wide range of the playerbase has, the only objective response I gave or implied is the response to the fact of the term/word New, besides that everything you responded with is worthless because it's implying something that's straight up inaccurate.
    Third, ofcourse it takes time, being the one behind the job is no easy task especially when you have higher-ups and a playerbase shoving and pulling your strings. I personally wouldn't mind a expansion once every year, if it had new and interactive,improving, and fresh content. Would prefer that over 2 semi-new DLC with same content I've done atleast 3 DLC prior.Problem is that's not possible, DB would spend more resources and gain less profit than with the current system of things. Guess me and all similar minded people have to get over our dreams. Again like I said if you scroll through my responses, all we can do is voice our opinions bssically and hope for the best resolution that benefits all parties.
    • Like x 1
  20. Minie Well-Known Player

See that's the thing, me and most other people don't necessarily have a problem with reusing maps for example, but it should be a balance. If we reuse a map for like 6th time, would it be too much to request atleast improved open world missions or a improved OP item route. Now if DMP1 improved the OP item system and had more interactive, engaging open world missions/ Qs, I wouldn't care we are at gotham for the 6th time because i'd be too busy Enjoying the content. If it was balanced it would have more longevity. But giving us a map for the 6th time, barley ANY new bosses, no improved Qs or missions, and the same OP item system we haven't liked for years??? This is where the problem comes in. Being bored or disappointed in Gotham only emphasises the fact we're here again for the 6th time.too many negatives not enough positives to balance it out, and players are sick of it, this is only opinionated but point still stands.
    You can only fill a cup with water so long until it overflows.