Episodes are getting repetitive now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

It goes as: Either a solo or duo, 1 free mark from an NPC, 3 daily missions, 1 alert, 2 raids, 2 world bosses, and a gathering or genocide mission. JLD at least suprised us with a 3rd World Boss. You have to see how this is going to get boring after a while. Remember in AF2 we had 2 alerts and 3 raids, WoL2 had 3 alerts, HoP3 had 2 duos? And the open world content wasn't so tedious or same-ish? I hope Metal Part 2 or whatever comes after breaks this cycle.
    • Like x 14
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Getting? They've been there. DLC before monthly content was the best. Except Hand of Fate. We don't talk about that one.
    • Like x 21
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Don't forget Last Laugh, the DLC that was so bad they ended up granting 90% of it for free.
    • Like x 9
  4. Raven Roth Committed Player

B-but I liked Hand of Fate...
    • Like x 5
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I suspect I would like it, but you can never get groups together to do any of it, so, yeah, there's that. . .

sad face.
    • Like x 3
  6. slyvanman New Player

What was wrong with Hand of Fate? I liked it as well. It actually mixed things up by combining on duty with open world. It's the only episode that does. Now, it's all the same, for new content. Hence why some YouTubers have quit and moved on. Creativity is the key these days because it's completely being ignored, for reasons I'm well aware of but will not mention here. Time and place type situation.

On another note, Metal Gotham City...no music...why?
    • Like x 4
  7. Minie Well-Known Player

My only question is: Why are they going backwards in progress? Atlantis was nowhere near perfect but it was definitely a step in the right direction (New map, new bosses, new gear styles that correlated with the DLC , new open world treasure objectives instead of kill counts, ect ect) JLD was a bit of a downgrade from Atlantis in a creative stand-point atleast imo but like it or not, they were going in the right direction atleast with the OP item system , they were also in the right direction with the Raids/alerts adding fresh mechanics and features, all they had to do was improve it with this DLC. Now with DMP1 they didn't improve anything, there's no updated, and improved OP item system, only 1 creatively improved map, are there even any new bosses? This gear doesn't correlate with the episode at all, Back to the old kill count instead of getting creative and fresh. I'm no programmer, game designer, or anything of the sort, but why instead of improving the game as a whole we're going backwards (creative,feature, and content as a whole wise).
    I hope DMP2 puts the game back on the right path.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

well technically red death was a new installment as i can't really think of any bosses we've has so far with his "exact" fight mechanics, but otherwise no. merciless is "new" in that "here's your brand new handed down shirt everybody in the family has worn and which now has holes in it" kind of way, just plain recycled old mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  9. Stubs2019 New Player

meet the new boss...

same as the old boss...
    • Like x 4
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Red death. Merciless. Batman who laughs. New bosses.

Merciless vendor gear doesn't relate to the episode? Ok.
    • Like x 4
  11. Heywiar Committed Player

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist or something but I can't help but feel like this DLC wasn't great because it was being made during the development of Switch. Their resources would be spent on that instead of a new DLC so that's why we're getting recycled content. Just a guess but I feel like its this.
    • Like x 3
  12. Minie Well-Known Player

Scarlet Speedster (Solo)
    • Mirror master- a open world bounty for Christ sake
      [*]Red death
      The only new boss in this instance in Red death

Batcave Breach(4 man)
      • A.R.C-Last seen in T9 mission "Starro Invasion"
      • Bane-Bane is straight from a pre level 30 mission mentored by batman (forgot the name)
      • Sinestro Forces- Straight from Tier 5 mission "Strike Team" if not sooner.
        None of these bosses here are New

False Idols(Raid/Elite)
        • Harpy+ Cerberus- both of these are straight from the Tier 8 mission-"Underworld Trials" if not sooner.
        • Living Forge
        • Merciless (A reskin since he has none of his own unique skills or fighting style, just a new skin)
          Both Living forge and Merciless are rusty cars with paint covering them. Not New

Monsters of Metal (Raid/Elite)
          • Mr. Freeze-I mean c'mon mr.freeze is in the valentines event, Which was released 6+years prior to DM1
          • Death Stroke- is straight from the riddler's mission we get around level 18-23.
          • Poison Ivy- poison ivy is straight from the mission we get around level 10-15, where we save robin.
            No comment LOL

The only NEW boss here in this entire list is Red Death Merciless doesn't count since he has no personal abilities he's just simply a new skin
    Edit: forgot about War-metal gear, was referring to the donna troy gear. Fault on my part.
    Point still stands that there are no new bosses (1 out of like 15 shouldn't count) and that this was a step in the wrong direction. Not even any new maps, if you say " but MoM but MoM had a new map" nope, its frozen GOTHAM. Doesn't count as new.
    • Like x 4
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah that's not what you said. I don't need a layout of the bosses. Ive played the content. You said no new bosses. I corrected you. You said gear doesnt relate to the episode. It does. Dont need a list. And also what? You dont fight deathstroke. You fight freeze ivy and batman who laughs. While you dont actually defeat him. He's the boss. Oh and living forge is a new boss as well.

You cant move the goalposts on what you define as new. Red death merciless batman who laughs and even the living forge have never been in game. Whether you like the mechanics or not is not the issue. The characters are new. You can change your argument but saying they arent new is just false. There other bosses in the game that im sure share similar mechanics to each other.

None of this is new. Atlantis we had already fought corum rath. Teen titans we fought recycled bosses like mammoth. JLD same. Literally happens in every dlc. Why is that? Because that's what the story arc dictates. If you care about story they make sense. If you dont. Then this all seems same same. All comics are over the years are the same iconic characters in different situations.

I agree its not the greatest dlc ive ever played. But some of what you said just isnt true.
    • Like x 6
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Episode is called Metal part 1 based on the Dark Knights Metal comic storyline, featuring The Merciless...
    [IMG][IMG]

Which somehow doesn't correlate with this episode AT ALL according to you???
    [IMG]

And while the Dystopian Amazon style isn't directly from the storyline, it is in theme with the episode considering it does feature the Titans (the style is based on Donna Troy) and Amazons...and fits the episode much better than the A.R.G.U.S. Style did in Justice League Dark (which was a tech style in a magic themed episode*).
    [IMG]

I'm not saying your criticism of the episode isn't fair, you are entitled to feel how you do about that. It's just that when you make a strange inaccurate statement like the one about the styles, it makes it hard to look at what you have to say seriously.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * I absolutely loved the A.R.G.U.S. style and use a lot of the pieces from it. And even though it didn't fit the episode thematically, I still appreciated it because it gave me something different to work with besides the magic based style from the vendor. I had to clarify this because I didn't want that to be taken as negative criticism.
    • Like x 4
  15. Minie Well-Known Player

Yea. Fault on my part, forgot about War-Metal gear. Was referring to the Donna Troy gear.
    • Like x 1
  16. Minie Well-Known Player

Well said, I stand corrected on the gear statement. The list is just me pointing out, for us to fight 11 bosses and only 1 of them are actually new is crazy to me, the only thing I will disagree with you about is your defenition of "New". By your understanding, if I paint my Black car to Red it would be considered "New', which is totally wrong because the tires are the same, the windows are the same tint, the engine is the same, and the interior is the exact same, therefore it's not necessarily new. Same way Merciless, and Living Forge are not new, just reskins. But the gear I stand corrected on.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No. They are new and different character models. That is a bad anology I'm sorry. They were created as new models for this dlc. You can make any analogy you want but calling them not new is factually wrong. You can argue semantics. You can argue mechanics etc. Have at it. But to say the characters arent new is just flat out false.
    • Like x 1
  18. Minie Well-Known Player

[IMG]

That example is exactly what we see in this scenario.
    The car's color (Character's model) has been changed, the fighting mechanics, Play style, in some cases even movement mode has remained the same (Wheels, interior, engine). Changing a model isn't confirmation for something to be new.
    New
    1.not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.
    2.already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.
    "her new bike"

Merciless' entirety as a character has been seen before (except for his Appearance), but his mechanics are nothing that haven't been seen with previous Boss' he got his mechanics from. It would actually be more accurate to classify him as Semi-New
    Semi
    Semi- is a prefix that means half, partially or almost. Semi- may also mean something that occurs twice within a specific amount of time. The prefix semi- is derived from the Latin semi- which means half.

But to basically classify him as full blown New is confusing to me.
    So on that point I am right, he's not New but I never called him Old, you could say I'm implying he's Semi, which again, is not New. You're saying he's New, that's factually wrong.
    • Like x 1
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Again you're arguing semantics. Have at it. I have nothing else left to add.
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

By this narrow definition of new we only get maybe one "new" boss every other DLC. In Justice League Dark we had 1 "new" boss...Mordru. The Harbinger of the Devourer is move for move reskin of the Paradox Tyrant minus the pillar and bubble trap phases. And if you dig deep enough to every episode you'll the pattern has been there for a long time. So narrowing the definition of "new bosses" only serves to point out that this new criticism is coming at a bit of strange time considering that it's not a "new" issue.