DLC feels like it's fizzled out

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Oct 3, 2019.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Is it me? Anyone? Its only been 3 weeks since launch. Getting a regular raid group together during prime hours seems like a chore atm. The Saturday 1 week after the dlc dropped it took me an hour to put a group together. I know this is all anecdotal. I try to run with my league but you gotta pug sometimes. It just feels dead to me. And it shouldnt this early.

This could just my perception of it. But from past experience. Being here as long as i have. LFG and the content in general just seems...slow. Which is a shame because the metal stuff is cool to me. I see a lot of people in game but i don't feel like a lot of them are in this DLC. Again. Could just be me. Just putting it out there.
    • Like x 5
  2. Heywiar Committed Player

That's generally what I've heard and I feel the same way myself.
    This DLC felt particularly stale.
    • Like x 5
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm actually running the seasonal, brokerizing, and bringing the alts up to speed; I guess I'm more comfortable doing the solo and the alert, plus the dailies; raids I'm picky about because "ugh raids with PUGs"
    • Like x 3
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's very boring after 3 weeks of the samething. People are taking it slow now because prices have dropped. The rush will come again when we get another 2x marks for end game. The sad truth is how boring and unfair the mark system is. Nobody wants to play unless it's 2x marks or full reset day. Unfortunately they do not have the manpower or time to give us a real system that's fair and worth our time aka exp per ko... gear rank system
    • Like x 2
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

That's because everything is the same. Every DLC is the same as the last: new world(rehashed old world, in this case Earth 3 Gotham but in the dark)). Assorted missions as well as the same missions like some kind of kill a certain number of a certain item(in this case, 218), some kind of open world bounty(in this case, metal Titans), accomplish some other number of a certain item(in this case, rifts), a due, alert, and a raid. Rinse, repeat. This one, at least, has a solo mission.
    • Like x 10
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

another gloom and doom dlc...seen it...several times now...anyways...got the bat strike...gonna buy the bat aura with event currency...thinking its a good time to be a vampire in dcuo...
    • Like x 2
  7. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

my bad guy Roland got the ghost aura and just bought the headless jacket...muni/rifle all the way of course
    • Like x 1
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

I would gently suggest if the latest content is stale for you already, you’re probably going to feel the game is stale for most of the year, given the frequency of new content.

For myself, I’ve finished everything except the style feats, the OP piece and the daily you have to do nine times. I feel that I will still be fully engaged with finishing the three gear sets off for about another month.
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Considering how pug unfriendly the raids are (even event version of MoM is crazy on first boss cause noone reads the red text, I'm not going in there unless I'm the tank lol) and how we went a couple of steps backwards on "certain" open world missions again, I'm not surprised. Plus the story theme is boring, not only to me it seems.
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You keep pushing this...weird system (for lack of a better word) in every thread...and it still doesn't make any sense to me. How is your suggestion better for us...how is it better for the company??? How is the current system unfair??? o_O
  11. Ully Committed Player

I honestly can't be online for more than an hour without wanting to log off. This DLC really killed my excitement for the game.
    • Like x 2
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I thought the same thing, as a whole, don't feel like players are too excited about the dlc. Honestly neither am I, I just feel like we are replaying the last dlc with the exception of 218/82. But that bring it backwards. Deathstroke gives you the same mission twice, only exception one kills mimes, the other minataur. Can't stand saving the cops mission, the solo is too long and hate the boss battles. Both battles are basically the same, avoid the portals, constantly rolling around. In general feel the cost of gear is a bit high unless it's for Metal and 2 and no new gear for Metal part 2, then I'm fine with the price.

The raids not too bad but Ivy health should be lowered, the fight is way too long, longer then it should be. Even if you bring her shield down, don't feel like it goes any faster. FI not too bad, there is enough adds we can skip to make it go faster, so not an issue. B&B not too bad. It goes by pretty quick. But over all not sure why, but for me, this dlc feels more like a chore then something to enjoy.

Or maybe it's just another reskinned dlc since Titans. Open world stuff, keep running x amount of open world stuff everyday. NO more variety dlcs, they all are becoming reskinned dlc, and hard to enjoy when everything becomes rince and repeat from last dlc.
    • Like x 3
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Exactly How I feel about it and imo they should do something about it . Hopefully Metal PT2 fixes thing's . I just know TCs and booster bundles and fashion item's can only take you so far on the train before you want OUT.
    • Like x 4
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Oh man don't make me get into all the details about how it would change the game for the better. Ì mean hell don't u hate doing missions? Are u not over that mark system for progression yet? I mean come on don't call this game free to play it's unfair in everyway. don't get me started. Don't tell me you like getting kicked from a raid at last boss or dcing or life happens and u can't get those last marks now. After all that work do u still think the mark system cheated u of ur time ? Oh I think it did. Ì was in the vendor awhile ago and it lagged. I ended up buying something and wasting my marks... so I'm saying it's an unfair system in everyway. It's also unfair to people who pay a membership. If u get pissed off you'll take time off while ur membership time goes down the drain. Must I keep going?
    • Like x 1
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've had discussions with my league mates about this. I mean, even the whole theme of "Metal" just feels like such a niche story and visuals, like, only a handful of people actually likes the stuff. That was my question to my leaguemates and discord friends, is, why Metal? Which kinda boils down to, I guess SJ liked Metal, the same way we had so much Lantern stuffs when Spytle was around, but still, the Latern stuffs were tolerable to enjoyable to say the least.
    • Like x 2
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i want a new dc heroes game.
    • Like x 2
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

People used to hang around and do old content for Marks. So there were a lot more people watching LFG just to do pickup content. Now that it's gone, these people aren't hanging around anymore.

The same could be said for PvP. Do a few rounds and maybe a PvE instance or two. Again, no longer.

Once you're done with your current content the only thing to do is farm. And that gets old really quick.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

Maybe because this episode is all re-used content and we only get anything new out of the MoM raid, and thus this episode is pretty bland.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

The solo is too long, miss Adora? It took me 11:12 in controller role to beat (non event, on the switch... Which means it only took me seven weeks with no cr/sp skip available to be better than you. Is that the devs fault or yours, i wonder...). Also, how are we working backwards? Yeah, it's 82... It's also better gear and you get at least 20 "freebies" sometimes over 30... Which, if you could math, would tell you that you'll likely have to search less than what was in chaos Gotham. Man, you all cry a ton. If the game sucks that much to you, go play another. "Since I'm too stubborn and lazy to put in work to better myself, you need to Nerf the game. I want all the powerful stuff, but you should just hand it to me." Go play a Lego DC game.
  20. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Two factors:

1. Weeklies take a lot longer and more tedious. Back in JLD, the weeklies could be done much quicker, and didn't require as much grinding.

2. Difficulty is higher. The raids actually require mechanics and for people to pay attention. Too may people nowadays just want their currency/rewards handed to them. And those that aren't entitled children, and don't mind it... get stuck with PUGs that just want to scoreboard chase or are too lazy to do the mechanics and pay attention.

Those of us in active leagues and with numerous contacts aren't having issues with this content. I'm definitely enjoying it more (except the super grindy weeklies), even though I make less Source Marks and Dark Metal Coins per unit of time than I did Source Marks and Daemohedrons during JLD. The instances are super fun and interactive when you have a group of proficient and/or sensible players. ^_^
    • Like x 4