Witch Hat should not be harder to get than OP Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Literally just got 2 of those stupid Build-A-Bear-like Lord of Chaos OP items in one week. I have gotten dozens of Omnipotence items over the years but in those same years I have only gotten the Witch hat TWICE. I have spent hundreds of dollars each year replaying that Seasonal alone and I have only gotten it twice.

It is rarer than OP items and it’s just a god damn Style, that is the most absurd thing I’ve ever seen in this game, and I’ve seen a lot of things.

It is ridiculous that every single year I have to complain about this god forsaken filthy Hat, but I will not stop until I have it for the characters I need, it is crucial for their character development yet is borderline impossible for me to get. It honestly shifts my view of this game a little bit because this has honestly caused me a great deal of suffering.

I reached my breaking point when I watched this guy go (AWAY) and do nothing the entire Seasonal and he got the Witch hat. He shouldn’t have gotten anything, I definitely deserved that more than him, I don’t care what anyone says I deserve that hat for paying more than anything in game item I’ve ever had to pay for I’m frickin paying more for this than I did farming for that Cosmic Material

THIS. DROP. RATE. IS. RIDUCLOUS.
    • Like x 4
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The Halloween queued event with its loot table is bloated, making it close to impossible to reliably get anything.
    • Like x 5
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It is virtually impossible. I’ve ran that event easily at least 1,000 times over the course of at least 5 years and have only seen the hat drop about 10 times, two of which I got it. This style item should be on a vendor, it should not be a random drop that has the rarest drop rate in the game.

If it wasn’t for replay badges I don’t believe I would have it on those two characters. I’m not even running the event on those two characters in fear of being mocked
    • Like x 1
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I run 1 main and 2 other toons that are strictly for seasonal and extra bank space. I dont have any complaints about drop rates in the actual seasonal content. One complaint though, is that the drops almost always come on the throwaway toons and never for my main. Seasonal rares like auras, styles, etc, should be account bound imo. My biggest complaint is the way seasonals seem to mess with the loot tables in regular content. It might not be the case, but it seems like all these worthless Halloween collections and items make it harder to get actual episode collection drops we care about when running regular content. How many times do we need to see the wax lips collection piece from the 1985 Halloween event collection? There's too many years worth of seasonal collections in the loot table.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I've got it on all my characters.
  6. tinoman Dedicated Player

Ha i bet reading that made amanda feel better LOL
    • Like x 5
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don’t care about you or your alts, though. I didn’t make this post because Proxystar has the Witch hat on all of her Alts, I made this post because the Witch hat is barely dropping and it’s been that way for years. I’m glad you have the Witch hat on all of your alts, why are you here again?
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Then it's working as intended. For a variety of reasons, the devs want us to play the game and the content they offer. Rare/random drops have always been an essential part of helping to keep players playing or engaged with the game when it comes to MMOs.

If that drop has kept you coming back to the content repeatedly over the years, the devs may not have much of an incentive to change it because what they did is working. It's kept you playing, after all.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Yes, a style item being harder to obtain than OP items is working as intended. What a joke
    • Like x 2
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Never said it was a situation you had to like. But it is what it is.
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

A Witch hat should not be harder to obtain than OP items.

Like I said, I got that stupid OP back in one week, only got two Witch hats in 5 years. It doesn’t have stats nor does it increase your CR, it is a style item. A Style Item.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

There are OP items that are a random drop that are harder to obtain than the witch hat. The ones from Gates of Tartarus, Prime Battleground, Throne of the Dead Elite are virtually impossible to get. You could run those raids every week for five years and it’s more likely than not that you won’t have them.

OP items are more accessible than that in the current system to mitigate that and make them realistically attainable. I’d have no problem if they put the witch’s hat on the vendor at a high price, but the statement that this style item is “crucial for character development” is not one with which I can relate.
    • Like x 1
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I was referring to myself when I said it’s crucial for character development.

You’re wrong about OP items. I’ve gotten every OP item you’ve listed numerous times. I have the OP Helm from Prime, Valiant Warrior/Dark Witch from Gates 2nd Boss (Wonder Woman or Circe), Archer gloves, rings, necks, Etcetera etcetera I have seen them all. I remember when one particular player got the Traces in Times legs but people swore the developers just didn’t put it in the loot table. People act like what I am dealing with now is unheard of, like it’s never happened before. The least they could do is fix the drop rate, it’s a style item! Intended for Style, not Stats or Progression. I’m asking for a Hat not a God like item Jesus Christ
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I wanted the witchy hat for main, took me three years. wanted the lucky boxer on my main, took me three years. Never seen the op helmet from prime drop, the tiara from gates never dropped on my main. Yet ran an alt, it dropped 2 twice and got it for both Circe and WW. Wanted the speed boots on my main from vault, took me 7-8 years.

There is a pattern here, everything you want for your main, Devs will make sure it drops on an alt. One of the perks of being a member is trade, then you find out it's very selective on what you can trade. Maybe a perk that should change for being members, things become account bound so we can give to alts. Not just witchy hat but many other things.
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Kind of implies the drop rate is fine though right, you just unlucky friend ;)
  16. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No, that’s not what that implies.

You always do this, make a fuss when I complain about something I’ve been trying to get my hands on for all of my characters for years now.

Does it seem like I’m giving up anytime soon? Continue wasting your time, that’s all you’ve ever done. am I right or am I right?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not "doing" anything other than sharing a different perspective, it's not about whether or not you're getting it, I'm merely saying that RNG results in differing experiences, you're suggesting it's harder to get than op items... well in my experience no, it's certainly not. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im on like year 4 of no boo family trinket meanwhile people are talking ab having double & triples...
    • Like x 1
  19. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

This has been asked for since the inception of it into the Halloween event.
  20. Raven Roth Committed Player

They drop like crazy for me every season
    • Like x 4