Dev Team Read Please/Request

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minie, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Minie Well-Known Player

I know another name reclaim will never happen again, basically because of the toxicity of the community (I think because people might take some ex devs names too and that could be dangerous).

But in the next GU or a future GU can we get a name update that allows us to use an additional space and special characters in names?
    Examples
    . (-)
    . (.)
    . (')
    . (Additional space)
    Ultimate-Man
    Mrs. Jackson
    Mary'Anne
    The Dark One

This expansion on the naming system will broaden the options so far that we wouldn't even need/want a name reclaim, the creativity of the naming would also be an impressive increase. This expansion also wouldn't require too much resources/time so there shouldn't be a problem about this idea not being profitable. Also like I said, if you ever were to combine the Xbox and Switch servers in the future you wouldn't even need a name reclaim or anything of the sort because the options are so heavy.

[To The Dev Team] If this can't or won't happen I just want to know why not, it's a worthy expansion to the system, it doesn't require too much time or resources, and it would be appreciated across the entire board of players. So if not please explain to us why not.

~Thank you all for reading.
    [Side Note] Do you all agree or disagree? If it's anything you'd like to add or critique, add it below.
    • Like x 12
  2. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Special characters in particular would be nice, even if only a few limited ones.
    • Like x 4
  3. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I agree allowing a few special characters could free up the space for more names without taking any away
    • Like x 5
  4. Minie Well-Known Player

Yep for sure. Thats not even mentioning that so many people would buy name respecs for this update (I probably would for at least 3 of my characters), so there's the profit.
    • Like x 4
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I would for two of my toons. Even allowing a few characters opens up many alien races. Just off the top of my head (') would allow for Martian names like J'onn M'gann and (-) would allow for Kryptonian names like Kal-El and Lor-Zod and Kara zor-el. Not those name specifically as those are iconic names but would allow more like them. Plus I am also a native Spanish speaker and certain characters change the sound and meaning of a word like ñ and n are two different sounds
    • Like x 3
  6. Berza Committed Player

I'm sorry to say that probably there is a reason for this. Because EU server has almost any special characters allowed. Even if the reason is the high amount of special characters specific to the multiple European languages.
    But I hope you get them, if only because it feels kind racist for the country with the biggest number of immigrants/descendants of immigrants in the world.
    • Like x 1
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

do another name claim :(

Alot of taken names dont even play anymore
    • Like x 1
  8. Minie Well-Known Player

Yea agreed, sadly that most likely won't happen. Names will continue to be wasted or exploited instead. :(
    That's why we should loosen the name character restrictions so we don't need a name reclaim.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Names and naming options are a growing issue. Definitely understand the feedback here.
    • Like x 13
  10. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I do understand the name reclaim was said to be a one time thing, but I do wonder how many names were lost when the ps3 was dropped.
    At the same time, if X-Box and Switch are ever merged with the ps/pc servers you would have another headache like with the ps/pc merge and that would need to be taken in consideration.
    We may not be able to connect all the systems now....but who knows what the future holds.
    So naming options would still be a nightmare as a result.
    • Like x 1
  11. Minie Well-Known Player

I thought about a way to balance this update if ever released. So we don't see names like ->
    '-_..'-_ , what you (devs) could do is restrict us to 1 special character per name (maybe 2), so we could still use names I listed as examples on my OP but also won't be able to use too many, also maybe an additional space shouldn't count as a special character (because a space right now isn't considered a special character). Either way this update would be a positive balanced or not, just a idea in case some might be worried about names that's made only of special characters, because that could be a possible problem.
    • Like x 2
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

They could always release names of the ones who are banned, permanently. That would free up quite a few names.
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Allow two spaces as well.
    • Like x 6
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Opps Fatal beat me too it ... I like the other options discussed but this one is sort of obvious and been asked about before.. Just give us the option to have THREE names instead of just two. So we get a ton of new names just by being able to be called "The BatMan" or "The Bat Man" or "TheBatMan" and so on and so one and so on.....
    • Like x 3
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Here is another possible option... How about acknowledging capitalization or the lack of it? .. So use my example above and increase naming because "The BatMan" is considered a different name than "the Batman" or "the batman"
    • Like x 1
  16. Awsome Well-Known Player

Let me ask everyone this though. Is anyone really against name reclamation from free players who haven't played in 3 or more years?

I think that if you haven't played in 3 years and put no money in the game, you forfeit your name.

I would also give premium players 7 years. If you have not logged in within 7 years, and are not a legendary member, you forfeit your name.

What is wrong with doing something like that? Obviously these people don't care enough, and honestly, when Ive been gone away from a game for a long time, I always just expect that my name is gone.
    • Like x 2
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

honestly, that in itself would be the best thing they could ever do, for me. The Something Something. that's all I ask.
    • Like x 2
  18. Minie Well-Known Player

I argued this in the past but everyone acted like I was trying to "Steal Names", but in all reality, how can I steal something that has been abandoned for years?

That's like if your at the gym, you see some equipment unused for hours, so rightfully you go to use it, then some guy comes out of nowhere and says "Hey! I was using that!". ×_×

My OP is basically a compromise/another option. Either way, names are being wasted for years, so hopefully instead we have better name options to combat this on-going issue.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Dibbs on B atman
    • Like x 2
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Proxy, that’s 3 spaces :p
    • Like x 1