Level 200 artifacts.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Sep 30, 2019.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Am i missing something. Ive seen way more level 200 artifacts than i should be seeing 2 weeks after release. Is there something im missing. Did these people just really drop that much money on these thing's in the MP buying xp or what. Just feels odd.
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Players who exploited Artifacts and Nth probably had all artifacts at their disposal pre-loaded to max-level to then feed into their main artifacts at first day of the Rank-update.

Not to mention the free-boosted Rank 200-VWD to everyone with a VWD-artifact at Rank 141 or higher, that a lot of players surely took advantage of and fed into another artifact of their choosing when the Update went live, or kept for use.

More than a few who had the financials to do it, also re-ranked their main artifacts during the recent Bonus Nth-weekend, to set them up for a 200-rank with the update.

On top of that i'm sure some players felt the need to spend top dollar on Nth-metal off the Marketplace after the Update hit, too.
    • Like x 3
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

....? Wut?

Do you even know how many nth metal packs you'd need to buy to reach 200 on just one artifact..
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thats just crazy to me. I get it. You want the top end stuff. But wow. I cant comprehend going through all that trouble or spending that much money for such a little payoff. Some people just really need that i guess. I guess i miss the days when it was simple. You could get the top gear have top end sp and boom you were up there with the best. Now? Ooof. Hardly seems worth it anymore with all these new things to keep up with being the top end stats wise.
  5. AV Loyal Player

It's ~10K MC per artifact iirc. Is about on par with TCG shenanigans but not insane.
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

100 dollars is a little insane to me but i guess.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Most used the pre-loading method while the double nth metal weekend was going on, then it only cost them catalysts and seals to get to 200. Considering the sales that have happened between the last 2x nth metal and this one plenty would have had perfected nth metals saved and it only took 7 perfected's to get any 160 to 200 excluding any crits
    • Like x 3
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Crazy. Was that intended?
  9. AV Loyal Player

Yeh being able to pre-dumb is a godsend but it's a lil nutsy.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

He's not crying. he is asking a question and maybe someone who has the 200 Rank will reply and offer some insight into spending money on such a thing. If people ask "how can someone spend money on Time Capsules" then this question can be asked as well. Especially when the game doesnt require Artifacts to be that high and the HIGH cost of spending.

Even in the same sentiment people give with Time Capsules purchasers, thanks for supporting the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

100%, all you were doing was fortifying the artifact you wanted into any 0 rank one because you didn't lose XP and then rebuying the original artifact and then refortifying it. Can only be done during a double nth metal weekend because any other time you lose half the XP on the artifact fortify.

Some players were against it because of the catalyst cost but with the broker and source marks it really wasn't a concern
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Last year when I played, $100 wasn't even enough to get you to 140. Obviously the overall cost was greatly lowered.
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's all about planning. If your a troller then after you max out your troll artifacts save nth metal and catalyst for double weekend's then feed all of that into artifacts you don't need then save them . Then day one your 160 artifacts are 200 after you feed the ones you don't need into the ones you use.
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Hmm. I kind of get it. I know you lose half the xp unless it's double. But why feed it into another artifact though. What were they using to refortify the original artifact. Nth metal packs? Why not just do that to a different artifact then feed that into the original one. I'm sure im missing something in the process here. I guess i never cared before to think of anything like this. The payoffs for 200 hardly seem worth it but hey more power to em i guess.
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah just seems like alot of effort and or money to me.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There are some artifacts at 200 that are worth it, the rest are just for stats

• Like x 1
  17. AV Loyal Player

Also, you could over-lvl your artifacts by getting them real close to cap then force-feeding them everything you could fit in the last Nth dump. Exp didn't cap at the min 160 requirement.
  18. CandySlinger Active Player

Because you can add stacks of metal/unwanted artifacts into the conversions. The idea was get as close to a million xp added and if you had a spare 160 to sacrifice you only were 175 thousand xp in saved up and or bought metal away during the double xp weekend (after catalyst/breakthrough costs). Combined with the venom wrist dispenser boost and you only needed another 100 thousand xp on day 1 of the update to have 2 rank 200 artifacts already, assuming you were willing to pay for the seals of completions needed at the end.
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

Like someone earlier in post said, players bought a lot of artifacts and exploited them to the more than a million experience. I was told that was fixed, but it was another exploit going around during double experience weekend.
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

Probably not a majority by any stretch of the playerbase, but atleast a good bunch did feed their main artifacts into a random artifact, just to fill it with Nth during the double weekend and then re-purchase their main artifact and feed it to that, just to prepare to hit 200 or close to it once the update hit.

What's even more scary about all of this is that new artifacts will hit with Metal Part 2, and considering the new trend of having the bulk of an artifacts usefulness at max level, we may be looking at some pretty costly chaos with the next wave of Artifacts revolving their Rank 180-200 bonus effects and what not.
    • Like x 1