New OP collections: Good luck, bad luck or terrible droprates?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zneeak, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

You must have been gone a long time, nobody's special with *only* 1Bil these days. It's not news how much cash a good bunch of players are sitting on thanks to various exploits.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dene Devoted Player

Was joking :) - but yeah the exploits really messed things up
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's insane. Somebody in here sold a Luthor-collection for 750 Mil within 5 minutes upon putting it up, and the droprate on it seem to be beyond crazy rare.

After the hotfix, I noticed that a couple the OP collections for the OP neck started commonly dropping and you could quickly see the price plummet on a couple of these collections on the Broker, due to how many getting it to drop. Funny, that wasn't the case the first week of release.

It makes me wonder just how broken the droprate on some of these collections really are. The devs should probably take another, more thorough look at the situation.

This is of course my opinion, but when you have a Collection on the vendor being as costly as it is, the droprates on the rest of the collections should be a little more forgiving. I shouldn't have to save my marks for a couple of months (or reset a ton) just to be able to afford a very pricy collection or catalyst off the vendor and STILL have to worry about possibly having to spend additional hundreds of millions out of my in-game cash on the remaining collections that are so rare that the chance of ever seeing them drop are slim to none for the players in general.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dene Devoted Player

Personally, for all the hate it got.. I preferred the JLD OP way of doing things - it bypassed pretty much everything you just mentioned - the worst you could say is that it used replays to get it faster but that is everything gear related in DCUO, like it or not
    • Like x 4
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

The JLD-approach had a bad start and a couple of flaws but got increasingly better over time as players adapted to the new system. The droprates was in a much better position than what we seem to have to deal with now.

I am hoping they take another look at the current Collection-droprates, because it does seem to be very needed.
    • Like x 3
  6. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I agree that the method of gaining the OP item in JLD was much better than this. Having said that the OP item is a NICE have, not a MUST have. IMO the increases are merely incremental and in no way game changing as is the case with Elite Gear.

Hence, I tend not to worry about acquiring it

Nice but not necessary
    • Like x 2
  7. AV Loyal Player

Even the jump from purple (w 2x old op and 2x elite from the last episode to trigger 2% stat buff affinity) to current-tier elite isn't that noteworthy. Episode aug levels have a way bigger impact.
    • Like x 1
  8. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Update: Did 7 runs so far today and got a 2nd Luthor. So now I'm at 2 in around ~130 runs. Now it's even with the Leo and the Flower technically. Still going to keep running with the 1216 rb I have left. Not getting my hopes high seeing as I got 2 Flowers day 1 and went on 100+ run streak with no drops at all, so fingers crossed this stays consistent and wasn't fluke RNG that blessed me.
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Do you mean "nanosecond"? If not, what's a "nono second"?
    • Like x 1
  10. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

Its overpriced only in us.
    Max on Eu is 350. Which is good for a OP collection.

750m on US is a joke, thats why people change to EU most of US players are greedy. The economy of the US server is greedy.
  11. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Thing about EU is that everything is a lowered price which means its not necessarily double the work you'd have to put in on EU to get something on US. And depending on how you make your money, it's easier to sell and buy things on US because there's a bigger population of players for the demand to be higher. Even the gold sites reflect a difference in the economic comparisons between EU and US.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I keep telling y'all. It's all about the replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  13. UVLN Level 30

If the game have more frequent drops and let is enjoy the game, it would be better, we spend alots of money already, well the diehard do, nevertheless, stop making it all about money or you will lose your profit, there is no reason why the drops cannot me plentiful, we pay our membership, buy the replays, can you at give everyone a chance, instead of forcing us to deal with a broker who has the only piece but charges ridiculously? Time to start doing us right. Where are the drops?
    • Like x 1
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Why not make it easier for ALTS to acquire OP piece especially if you buy the feats??? Is it about the money or the experience? Not everything needs to be a grind you know, especially after earning it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The droprate isn't the only issue. They could make the drop rate identical to Atlantis and I'd bet my life we still won't be seeing the 2-3 rarest pieces fall to the $60-$80 million you could by the Virgo and Libra shards for two weeks in to the Atlantis DLC. Why? Because the lucky few who got the first drops didn't pull a number like $300M magically out of the sky. They pulled $120 million magically out of the sky.
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

It says itself when you combine a broken economy heavily controlled by exploiters who for reasons carry dozens upon dozens of billions in their pocket, with terrible RnG and droprates that only a select few players in general really get to take part of.
    • Like x 2
  17. UVLN Level 30

IT IS STILL NOT DROPPING ON XBOX. WHAT A BIG RIPOFF
  18. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

Quick question : did something change or we can keep drop Luthor's collection on Red Death ?

Just asking for a friend with 3000 replay badges..
  19. Red Raptor Active Player

Of course you did... That's why you were bragging about it in trade chat several hours after posting it...
    • Like x 2
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

I wonder, though.. Will the people who unlocked their OP necks for all their toons get to keep it? This seems to clearly be a violation of the system in unintended ways.

Devs, something should probably be done about it.