No Grounded in elite.. can we stop this trend

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

right, "everybody eats B! "

Gemii are you mad cause yall aint keep failing because someone wasnt flight and didnt get out the way?? Lol or did yall complete it too fast leaving you hungry for more group wipes?? yo dark getcha boy mannnn :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

LOL yeah right, I've lost count on how many "top league"-players I've seen change their main runner to FLIGHT MOVEMENT ever since ZOO E. I mean, since we're being honest and all. :rolleyes:
  3. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

bah ouais logique, on va pas passer acrobatie
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

On that note, why do you care what others complain about? You can think cheese, broken mechanics and potential exploits are fun however much you want, doesn't mean that others shouldn't bring the feedback to the table.
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Well, because why should them not liking that u can skip add fights, therefore shortening the length of the mission, ruin it for the rest of us?
    Its not cheese if something like this has been in the game for so long.. they know what we do, its a option that they just dont advertise
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If they're not in your league, yes it is. It's a bit more delicate when they are.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

The OP addressed making ELITE-BOSSFIGHTS becoming severely easier by having flight-based players being able to just avoid the majority of the danger that the fight intends for, not skipping a random add-fight lol. If a change to THAT ruins it for you, does that mean you're one of the people cheesing it?

Not the sharpest logic as per usual. That's like saying "bank robbery shouldn't be illegal because it's been happening for so long".
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Look, u can complain if u want.. but i wanna get out my mission as quick as possible n into the next one, so if they’re helping me do that by floating around then power to them!
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Again, this thread isn't about a random mission, it's about actual Elite-instances.
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

Thats what the troll in my MOME group assumed when he found himself in a group that needed him to grab the blade and destroy shardlings.

So when he was put into a position where he had to actually do something he died from ice giants charges everytime and the group was being beat up by shardlings because he had no clue they spawn where ever the ice falls, when he dropped the sword he never noticed he'd continue still tapping square and would wipe on shardlings. it was just a mess all because "well everytime i come in here i just stay in the air until mr freeze is free cant you guys fly"

Yall think its "if i cant do you shouldnt be able to either" no for one that doesnt help you learn squat about mechanics or how to maneuver under the circumstances. and 2 its elite you shouldnt just get to chill and be clear of any type of danger until you happen to get grounded for a second within any type of elite content. skulls should be mandatory for everyone in the group and their should be some kind of AOE mechanic the effects everyone in the group.
  11. Physique Dedicated Player

I think people are protesting mechanics far too much. If using situational awareness and ability allows you to avoid taking unnecessary damage while still allowing you to be effective in your role, so much the better for the team. Raids and alerts are team things, not "me" things. There are plenty of times when flight-based characters catch it in the shorts because of very low ceilings, groundings, and other hazards to limit flight. No one complains about it because a lot of "elite" players don't use flight. So now that there is a situational which allows for flight-based toons to be maybe more effective in a given scenario, people are complaining. I sense hypocrisy...

#JustSayin
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

... well then u get done w the elite mission faster? I dont see a issue?
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

You only sense hypocrisy because you make up the hypocrisy, seemingly in an attempt to defend this form of cheese. It's more than "situational awareness and ability to avoid taking *unecessary* damage" if the damage you avoid are part of the fight and mechanics intended to be abided by rather than bypassed. Lol the situation speaks for itself, people fly above it all with no risk Versus having to abide by certain mechanics to overcome the bossfight. "Situational awareness" :rolleyes:

Some want to keep dancing around this, some do it because they KNOW that the Elite-instances in question would be much harder for them if this wasn't viable. #JustSayin

You don't see an issue in getting Elite instance done faster in possibly unintended ways? Well obviously others do and it's feedback the Devs should recieve whether you like it or not. It's then up to THEM if they decide to do something about it.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Fliers can escape the tornados but they do not escape the bat swarms, so no, they do not escape 'all mechanics'.

Fliers do also get grounded periodically and you have to play with caution because you still have to be aware of what's going on below and where you're positioned.

If the bat for example starts charging and you drop from the sky in his path that can end badly, so can that happen if you fall into a tornado.

This assertion that fliers just fly is nonsense from quite frankly jaded players who don't want to see flying players use a power they've been given to a strategic advantage, that is its purpose.

When you ground fliers you basically push people into super speed and acro for combat speed reasons because there's zero reason to be flight.

Tell me chill, you recommend yourself that if you're a serious dps you'll be superspeed because of movement powers, you recommend that tanks be superspeed because of dash attack...

Im not saying that's wrong btw, but what im pointing out is that superspeed has pros and cons, flight has pros and cons.

If you want to be flight then change flight instead of complaining theyre doing something you don't like.

If you start demanding that flight be stopped then perhaps it's time to ditch movement modes completely, everyone can acro, super speed and fly at will because the argument your using to nerf flight can equally be used to nerf whirling dervish, phase dodge, dash attack, zip line, double jump, etc etc.

People should be worried more about what they're doing not what others are doing especially when those 'others' aren't exploiting a broken mechanic or flying in an unintended manner.

The issue here really is that some people don't like flight and that's all it is.

The benefits of flight are circumstantial just like all the others right.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Lol, as if, nah this is just about flight and people have been moaning about it for ages because they want to have their cake and eat it too.

They want all the benefits from ss and acro and those dirty cheating fliers are just dirty unskilled noobs.

That's 100% what this is about, it's in the title of the thread, no twisting out of it.
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

Just because you decide to state that "players are just whining because they don't like Flight", doesn't mean that's how it is and it definately don't undermine the issues being brought up in terms of the actual Elite-intsances in question. It's an incredibly weak and baseless counter-argument, lol.

Nothing adressed in the OP even remotely ties to what YOU just decided is the reason. But hey, Doctor X, I trust your mindreading abilities on this one, okay. lol
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Tell me then, why do you care that the player is flying?

Is it breaking the instance? How is it any different from stacking certain powers? How is it any different from suggesting all tanks be ss for dash attack?

Are you upset at the instance or are you just upset at the other person you're perceiving is getting an easier ride? And that from your entirely subjective viewpoint its unskillful.

How dare they! You get down on the ground, you dirty flier because if i have to put up with tornados, so do you.

Instead of "hey that's really cool, sweet strategy, wish I could do that, oh well hey I'd rather have dash attack but this is all going to really help us as a group"

No instead of that right it's just "this is about me" not you and you will have the same experience as me so get on the ground or else, dirty flier.
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Dude just buy a respect and go flight i dont see the issue here? U guys are willing to hop powers when one is OP but not movements? Its not like its even that bad.. this should be #99 on the devs list of things to fix before other things
    I just found another bug today, the magic champion chest makes your neck disappear... people spent money to get that style
    • Like x 2
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

One of my end-game toons are already Flight, yet i'm not crying and sweating about a possible change to prevent unintended scenarios in what is supposed to be Elite content.

You don't get to dictate what feedback other players bring up on the forums. It's ultimate up to the Devs if they decide to do something about it.

I don't care that a player is flying, just like the OP (if you actually at all read it) states, it's about the mechanics of a fight that can almost completely be bypassed by just flying up high and nullify the vast majority of risks, by doing nothing but just staying up there.

What one's "upset about" is again right there in the OP, and whether it's tornados, icelings or Red Death's attacks, you shouldn't have any less chance to be damaged than any other movement mode.

This whole "you must hate flight if you complain"-angle is weak, let's discuss the actual reason of it being brought up rather than trying to dance around it. :)
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Not only that, but the problem isn't flying its just making sure mechanics exist that challenge the flier.

Instead they just bang their chests and demand the flier be grounded rather than adjust the mechanics to create the appropriate challenge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.