Opening 120 Arcane Time capsule and still no power of the star heart ?!?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Green Lantern Fadi, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Hi everyone

I made a thread early , while back I think it was in like January talking about how I opened 49 capsule of arcane and yet nothing rare came out .

Well I opened over 120 and in fact I don’t have any left , and still nothing

I get same gear ( hands ) over and over and over again .

I contacted support team they said to post a thread about it , so am doing just that .

This is just ridiculous, specially somone like me who been playing since beta , at least if somone opened over 100, give them a grantee drop ...?

MEpps help me man , you know how much I love lanterns ....
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Roth Committed Player

The devs are very very sorry for your loss of money

*chuckles*
    • Like x 10
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well I hope you got plenty of Quarks from those Time Capsules so you can buy Power of the Starheart when it goes on the Booster Gold vendor.
    • Like x 2
  4. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Welcome to the world of lootboxes. I don't know if this game on computer is like other games (I play on a PlayStation), but I remember that in some games*, you can switch the names of certain files/animations on the computer side to make it look how you want. I don't know if it's against the rules, but it shouldn't be since it doesn't affect your performance and what your end sends to the server, nor would it change what everyone else sees. It would only change what YOU see on your end... and how you look to yourself is why you want these cosmetic things, right?

(*Okay... only one game that I know of. I played a game called Aion a super long time ago, and there was a file renaming trick that my husband and son did to make it so that I could use the Wings with the stats that were better, but with the look of other wings that I preferred the aesthetics of. I would still be required to have the actual Wings item for the stats, but I could keep my old look, since that game didn't allow us to lock styles like DCUO lets us.)
  5. PhilOsyfee Active Player

While I agree with your frustration and can understand that the investment in that many capsules with no good/rare items seems like a waste, they are not guaranteed to give you a rare regardless of how many you open. With that said I do find it very odd that the "surprise mechanics" behind opening time capsules is bad and there is no displayed percentages behind the likelihood of getting said items.
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

Broker, my friend. Broker.
  7. Nydia Level 30

Hahahahaha
  8. myandria Item Storage

Well, lesson learned (I hope).

Do everything in moderation, especially opening the RNG Spirit controlled loot boxes.

When I get the same gear piece 3 times in a row, that is my hint and a half to stop and wait a few days before opening any more.
    • Like x 2
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

While I have no sympathy for you wasting that amount of money on Time Capsules, you can now take everything that you did get from the TC's you opened and sell them on the broker. Afterwards, you should easily be able to buy the Green Lantern orbital and still have in-game $$ left over.
    • Like x 2
  10. Berza Committed Player

Not idea what server do you play, but in EU it was on broker around 15 million last resurgence event. So, as many suggested above, sell the drops and buy it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

I agree with all of you and this actually made me understand some things in life

No more buying these loot box for me . Sorry not worth . Ima just pretend my oribital is green lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

RNG is certainly RNG and its the rare of the rare just like other ones in the TCs. As Lorax said, wait for it to arrive on the Booster Gold Second Chance vendor so save the Quarks. And also as Brother Allen said, sell all those goodies to make a nice buck on the Broker.
    • Like x 1
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

nonsense...putting up with this...after so many tries you should get what you need or even just want guaranteed....i see with the newer caps you get a material or a artifact or ...something...after so many openings...this is not phenomena nor biology...there are no rules...with a few lines of code a programmer could make those boxes give you everything for free to you get nothing regardless of how many you open...remember the "Infinite" one...devs made this system and they can make it less gambling...less of a Fing scam...less of a payed for waste of time...anyways...
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The player base is to blame as much as the developers.

If people didn't buy them, they wouldn't make them. Simple as that.

However, I will say that a majority of the gamers in this world are children who are not fully developed mentally (which does not occur normally until a person is about 25). This makes them more prone to impulsive buys or not managing their money they either earn or are given properly. Loot Boxes take full advantage of this somehow managing to squeak by laws that restrict gambling to certain age ranges. While it might not happen for years to come, I have no doubt there will eventually be laws put in place to help govern how Loot Boxes work in game when they are able to be purchased with real world money. I look forward to that day and seeing how the gaming industry will adjust, as I'm sure they will. We had gaming long before stupid Loot Boxes and we will have gaming after.
    • Like x 1
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

16. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

def bud.

so happy seeing a vetran like me here.
  17. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

yes and no

yes if somone opens this much like me , at least one 100% drop should techin happen later and no the devs need the money to make the game better so im torn both ways here
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This would be a double edged sword. Let's assume they did put it in at "if you open 100 TCs you get to choose ANYTHING from the loot table on TC 101" (let's pretend they could code it that way), they'd now be able to have things with even lower drop rates because they know people would buy the TCs to get the guaranteed drop. Like it or not, RNGezus is a fickle master and in those same 100 TCs you opened with no joy, some other lucky person would have gotten 5 starhearts probably....likely 1 in the first 10 or 20 boxes. They gave us the eventual 'guaranteed' drop by putting things in the 2nd chance vendor. Sucks for the waiting time as things are not added right away, but assuming you took the quarks drop on 75% of those TCs that were NOT good drops, you should have gotten enough or near enough quarks to buy the thing when it hits. There's your guarantee. I think that Orbital is on deck for whenever they add another dump into the 2nd chance vendor. Hang on to those quarks....

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

do what i do.

everytime you fel the urge to spend some cash on the game for stabilizers put the money away in anenvelope and hide it in your sock drawer.

in about a year youll be thanking me.
  20. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Not shocked .

Sad as heck period
    • Like x 1