Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Longer combos have a greater risk of being countered or interrupted, plus with the VWD already favoring short combos, I think the damage should really be shifted towards longer combos so it's worth using them. I don't know, that's just me. Maybe others feel differently.
    • Like x 7
  2. MiLady Well-Known Player

I agree with you on this. The longer weapon combos should do more damage because of the risk of being countered/interrupted. High risks for High rewards. I would love to see people using different weapons throughout the game.
    • Like x 3
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Delete weapon mastery ;)
    • Like x 8
  4. Rushsteel Active Player

A dev said in one of the thread that vwd was made for short combos and a new artifact in the future will be made for prec longer combos. So for all we know it might be balanced well to counteract the artifact for prec that will benefit from longer combos. Patience is key my friend.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Correcting game design flaws using artifacts is what got us into this mess to begin with.
    • Like x 3
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree completely.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Unfortunately I fear this is the only way to make weapons usable without giving Precision higher potential damage than might. PFTT forum users will not stand for anything that might challenge their supremacy. :(

In fact, the testing thread looks like it was torpedoed by just such a player, leading to a blanket nerf.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It still should be balanced before they introduce an artifact for it imo. The short combos are getting damage shifted towards them and that's without taking the VWD into consideration.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In this stage, based on feedback and our own analysis, there really isn't anything feasible we could do now that would make people want to or actually use the long combos. To give folks options with weapons and some consistency, the damage needs to come earlier to make weapon attacks viable as options.

Let us know if you disagree. We definitely see where you're coming from with higher risk/higher reward making sense generally, but the reality of counters/combat sort of work against that (again, at this stage of updates).

Basically, it doesn't actually matter if we buff up weapon attacks, even to ridiculous levels, if they still can't/won't be used in real combat.
    • Like x 3
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure I completely agree with that. In the AM days, people with pet AM's were using longer combos (Flip slash, MA smokebomb), as long as the damage makes it worth it I think people will use them. Shifting the damage to shorter combos will just cause people to use those and pretend like the longer combos don't exist, at least if we're looking at it from a competitive dps point of view.

Batuba did say there will be artifacts in the future that will help longer combos, but I think there should be a good balance between the two before that happens, but majority rules. If most of the feedback favors shorter combos then *shrugs* players will just have to make do.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If this is because of the problem of clipping, has the team considered reformulating the rules for weapon combos?

Right now, of course it doesn't make sense to use longer combos because you're forced to eat the dps loss because of animation times.

Has the team considered adding damage to later combos to take this into account?

Or do you mean people don't use weapon combos just because they prefer dual-wield flurry?

I mean, it's all about whatever does the most dps. If longer combos were rewarding, why wouldn't ppl use them? They were willing to spend who knows how much leveling up VWD to use with flurry. Why wouldn't they invest time in longer weapon combos?

These questions are not meant to sound disrespectful, just curious for the reasoning of basically saying, at this time, over 80% of the weapon combos may as well not even exist in the game unless you want to use them for roleplaying.
    • Like x 1