Well, that's a solo I won't do often...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Sep 12, 2019.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

The final boss was seriously ramped up from test. Heat strikes, bombs everywhere (25k+ damage), stuns and knockdowns constantly... Gotten two 271 toons through (finally) so far, but what a pain. If this is a required gateway into the episode, it's a pretty high bar.
    • Like x 6
  2. Roocck Committed Player

Congrats, I spent 25 minutes of my life in that ridiculous insane overpowered boss getting frustrated and leaving without beating him. So yes, won’t be doing it anytime soon, decided to take a break after this #@$&...
    • Like x 2
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Guys its been out a few hours..
    • Like x 9
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if you don't have the op neck by now you're just a trash newb.
    • Like x 8
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I got him down to 10% before dying, but didn't see the healing barrel. I decided to just prec dps with my new 200 venom wrist as healer and beat him that way.
  6. WalterlightOmega Committed Player

I have to agree that the final boss hits too hard. I got knocked out about 10 times the most i have have ever been in one fight
  7. WalterlightOmega Committed Player

I'm ice dps and cant move and if I don't move in 0.5 millisecs I'm dead
  8. The Game Well-Known Player

FYI its not the bosses hitting hard, its the speedforce he creates that is hitting hard. That honestly wasnt in test, idk why they added that into the solo. It's actually easy tbh. Just avoid it.
    • Like x 6
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Its not that bad. If youy having trouble with it just break out your sidekick and he'll toss you a shield and some heals.
    • Like x 5
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    I have a strong sense of deja vue. ;)
    Completed the solo on my first try. Not sure what the issues are. Is it only because it is different from the test version? I did not play on test... so for me it was brand new. ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

So the new, higher cr content makes you actually work a little bit to get better gear? I'm on switch and already have the school of hard knocks feat. I know you have better gear and cr...

There problem is not enough of you were around back when pengbot was hard. Every solo is easy after you realize you can't just stand there taking shots to the face. Pengbot used to beat that common sense into you. Too bad they nerfed that encounter.
    • Like x 4
  12. Sun New Player

I beat it with a 270 Fire toon with only one death on the nonevent version. It's tough but it's doable.
    • Like x 3
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What do you mean you died?
    You can't die.
    We need you.
    You are the Sun.... keeping us warn and cozy.

;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

earth tank ftw :D
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's the first day of leveling. Solos, and most everything else except adds, are always tough, and play gets far easier as you gear up and get more SP.

Plus, frankly, it seems like stuff gets continually and repeatedly nerfed, though I can't speak to any specifics.

Give it a month of playing, or even a couple of weeks of upgrading.

If it were super-easy on the first day, what would be the point of bothering to play?

FWIW, I wiped once because I was careless, but had no trouble when I went back.
    • Like x 3
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Until that pesky nova phase. Or decay into a dwarf.

Then there are the rare show-off supernovas.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you clarify if you are speaking to the event or regular version of the solo?
  18. thirty six Loyal Player

Most of the people in my league popped the School Of Hard Knocks Feat first time through. It was tough, but not make a thread about how tough it was, tough.
    • Like x 4
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Here's a hint to make life simpler.... And I did this with the "SOLO" we were required to compete before being allowed inside Atlantis as well. I took my CR 270 main into the event mode and kicked the living crap out of Mirror Master (outside) and then Red Death (inside the Museum).

That got me into the Metal version of Gotham to run my daily and weekly content. THEN I joined the "normal version" of the alert and both raids. Between the armor from the outdoor stuff and the alert and raids I was CR 271 with I forget at this minute but either 5 or 6 new pieces of gear at Cr 236 and 237.

Hey All it says is I "HAVE" to complete the solo before I can get inside. It never says I have to do the "REGULAR" version if I am high enough for it to be available. LOL I figure I'll wait a while till I get me combat rating a little higher and THEN go kick butt in the normal version.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gromm865s Active Player

This solo is way to easy if you manage to stay out of the vortexs, after I finish up the feats in there I see no reason to go back in, it's easy but extremely annoying. With how the ads re spawn very quickly.
    • Like x 2