Case for a new power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Resistible, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Resistible New Player

Fire, Water, Rock, Nature, and 11 others make up the 15 current powers we can choose from. This isn't news to anyone at the moment but it does make the Hero vs Villian select lopsided if you want to play as one of each power and both sides equally. Currently if you want you can have seven heroes and eight villians or vice versa. So my suggestion is adding a 16th power; Shapeshifter.

True the Nature Power can have you transform as an Ape, Wolf, or giant bug. There's an opportunity for more shapeshifting abilities as that of Clayface and Plastic Man. Clayface can transform into all matters of objects from a mace as his arm or throw bits and pieces of himself as projectiles. Plastic Man has transformed into complex objects with moving parts or simply as a dress that was worn by Big Barda.

As for abilities in the game Shapeshifter power could see players turn into objects as cannons, swords or maces for arms, elongate his/her arms to hold an enemy to do DOT and give allies a free hit during raids and alerts, they could also grow to a larger size for a short amount of time to deal more dps as a Supercharged move. Shapeshifter could be a good Tank with a solidify ability to use for a personal shield.

Feel free to use this thread to voice your opinions of Shapeshifter as a future power, or to voice your ideas for powers not currently seen in the game.
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

As a J0nn J0nzz fan i would love to use the shapeshifting ability but i dont believe that dcuo can make that happen, technically.
  3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

4. Raven Roth Committed Player

Sound/Music would make a lot more sense and would be a lot easier
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

There aren't 7 Villains powers and 8 Hero powers. There are 5 Tank Powers, 5 Healer Powers, and 5 Controller Powers.

How on earth do you assign a power to Hero or Villain? Specifically because Light and Celestial are by their very nature both. Also, with a Legendary membership, you have 16 slots - just double up on one power, *maybe* one of the two I mentioned, if flavour is that important to you.

You're defining an artificial restriction - one which you have complete control over - and then asking the game to be "fixed" to accommodate it.

Can you see how that might not even be considered?
    • Like x 2
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Light

Rage

Ice

It already is. It's also a good Troll.
    • Like x 1
  7. Resistible New Player

I understand that the powers aren't designated towards either villians or heroes. I'm just stating if you want one character per power, that gives you 8 heroes and 7 villians or vice versa if you try to divide them between the two. At least that's how I play personally. The game is repetitive enough without having both a Green Lantern and a Yellow Lantern to switch between. Adding a 16th power would equal it out for those who choose to do it the way I do, 8 heroes and 8 villians.

They could easily add two more powers so there's 6 tank, 6 healer, and 6 trolls. My proposal of a Shapeshifter power could just be the first of three new powers that may or may not come down the line just as Water, Atomic, and Munitions.
  8. Resistible New Player

Light uses constructs to form objects to use in gameplay, I haven't really gotten into my Rage runs on the same principles but in a more aggressive playstyle and different animations, both created objects where the Shapeshifter could physically turn into these objects, I used Clayface and Plastic Man as examples, they don't create things and manipulate them, they physically alter their appearance to become these things.

For your Ice argument, yes, Ice characters can change into a huge Ice abomination as a Supercharged move, but with my suggestion it'll be along the lines of keeping their standard form but growing in size, nothing like Giganta, but maybe double the normal height.

As for the solidifing ability to act as a shield, I know it's a great tool already, I use it several times when I play, I'm just making a case for it since Clayface, Plastic Man, and others with a shapeshifting power in comics can harden themselves to absorb more damage.
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*AHEM!*

Blue Lanterns as Healers

That is all, poozers! ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

lol A new power set? Most of you cant play the one we already have
    • Like x 1
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

My main point is that there are an equal number of Tank, Healer, and Controller powers, and that many of the effects you mention are approximated in other Power sets - they're not *different* enough, IMO, to make your suggestions a unique-feeling power.

To maintain parity between the roles, they'd have to ad *three* new powers... but that comes with it's own problems.

You wouldn't be able to play one of each without buying extra character slots. That's particularly the case for people that want to have a Villain with every Power set, and a Hero with every Power set.
  12. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

It will be great if they add the Blue/Black/White Lantern power set or Wind and Serum powers to the game someday.
  13. Power Surge Level 30

The only power I want is Shadow.
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'd like to see Light Powers - not Lanterns, but using blinding light to stun and disorientate enemies, shielding you by applying a damage debuff while your opponents are blinded.

As a Tank Power.

So everyone else can get a taste of their own medicine :).
    • Like x 1