The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Foxsauce New Player

So I was reminded earlier today about the simplicity in costumes. And then I was thinking about Darwyn Cooke's design of things. So I took a page from him, and made a redesign for Sky Captain.

[IMG]

Thoughts?
    • Like x 5
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Something tells me I could give up on Inque. lol
    [IMG]
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I whent aHEAD and bought the helm for my style ;)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I just have to wonder if The Batman Who Laughs had a say in how The Merciless' helmet turned out. LOL
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Working on getting the gear pieces slowly but surely for my Donna Troy iconic alt. I really love the style, and how simple it is.
    • Like x 8
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm tempted to at least preview the chest and legs on AmericanArcher to see how well those would work with his patriotic looks.
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I am not a fan of this interpretation of the helmet. It was supposed to be a Knight's Helm but it seems the art team exaggerated it into more of a smile than it actually in in the comic.
  8. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A Maltusian caveman.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I do like it.
    What about the time traveler legs? Or time machine. Whatever the title is of that Booster Gold style. Those legs might make it look like one solid piece instead of plated...with the legs at least.
    If you want it to be plated then the Vengeful Surgeon feet style, to protect the shins.
    I love the idea for the head piece, how do the other metal styles look on that head?
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They kept going to this piece of art in the What is Metal? livestream (man, I keep bringing that up in conversations with you LOL) so I wouldn't be surprised if this might have influenced the look they chose for the game.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

That moment is from an issue of Justice League. So literally right out of the comics. I don't know what inspired Batres (you know, Batman/Ares) to change the helm in that way but it is not just from that cover art but from inside the comics as well.
    The reason I don't like the style is because I just don't like the character. Petty I know, throwing out a good style only because I dislike the character wearing it but I'm just petty like that I guess. lol
    I would elaborate on why I dislike Merciless but that is a topic for a different thread.
    • Like x 1
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok, with or without?
    Also, now that I am a Maltusian Caveman I don't know which title is more fitting. "The Ancient..." or "...The Time Traveler".[IMG][IMG]
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Can take photos on a Male toon later, if you'd like - it'd be of the enhanced or i could chrome it up like below

Love it too - I bought most of the enhanced and then used Dark Chroma on it and it came out similar to yours but have now since adjusted it to be a non mat that is coloured Dark blue/Grey
    • Like x 2
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In case you did not know.....
    It's Batman Day. ;)
  15. Foxsauce New Player

Hmmm, that certainly can work! Once I get enough Source Marks, I will buy the legs. :) The Vengeful Surgeon Feet could also work! I will unlock them once I either get lucky on the Prometheus Boxes... or doing PvP. Well, see how it goes.

And listen, I'm not made of money! I mean, I wish I was so I can get ALL of them! >:O

Also also, @Nyx· pardon me while I go AAAAAAA! *_* <3
    • Like x 1
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The Vengeful Surgeon I was lucky enough to get in the boxes. Is it trade-able? I don’t remember if it is so maybe in the broker? The villain pvp I’ve never done. Doing Hero pvp to get expert marksman was tortuous hell enough.
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Tell me what belt that is and today after like 4 or 5 pm Central I can post an image of me modeling it with those legs and feet. That way if you don’t like then you know not to bother going out of your way to get them.
    The other styles I know but the belt I don’t.
  18. Foxsauce New Player

I sadly don't think the items you get from the boxes are tradeable, and they are for the opener's use. :(

But as for what belt I'm currently using? It's Patriotic. You can get it if you do the Sins of the Father: Episode 3 Briefings in Metropolis. And do so! I play on EU, sadly and won't be around that particular time, but you're more than welcome to shoot me a DM or just post it here, it's all up to you. :)
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

That unfortunately is the side effect of different time zones. A strong ally is EI so we only get like a 45 minute team-up only on off days.
    But some styles are trade-able from the boxes. Lethal Zealot and cybernetic. One of the mercenary ones I think. It’s only a select few though. The trade-able ones are a slightly different shade than the ones that are bound.
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Hey All

****Work in progress but gives people an idea****

As you may have guessed from my name & avatar I am a WW & Donna Troy fan lol - I have been waiting for a style like this for ages

Thought i'd show off some of the new Dystopian Amazon pieces.. I have decided (because I want a less bulky look) that I am going to only wear the legs, chest & hands.. the belt and feet i have as enhanced but am not using them as they just feel bulked up but some may like that.. I am lucky the legs have a slim version of the boots & belt that compliment things perfectly, in my opinion.

The look I plan on pretty much keeping is the below non-enhanced dystopian as the enhanced feel gimmicky to me (just my taste)

side note: I like the new skins but they just look angry to me lol - so am sticking with youthful & con job hair seems like the perfect fit but his hair is not the youthful look i wanted, so went back to pomp with beard

Will play around with the hair, blue & metal colours a bit more but am pretty close to what I want

(I am leaning towards no headwear.. Dark Witch, Valiant, Noble, Ancient & various others just didnt seem to sit well but I will experiment)

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

the below is the enhanced version of my current look.. to give you an idea of the differences

[IMG]

And below is it with Dark Chroma - a great look if I wanted pure dark/black look - still on the fence about that lol

[IMG]
    • Like x 5