Test Discussion GU97: Weapon Combat Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Rushsteel Active Player

This is why the devs need to pick end game players to test this content who comes up with the best rotations for true balance. Otherwise you get what happen right now, prec is far more worst than before and it's thanks to all the others who don't know how to test prec vs might or prec between weapons. Players who think the weapon should be nerfed based on how hard it hits but not how long it takes to do the combo. If they want to get the best might and best prec players opinions, it be easier. Right now prec is meh but oh well.
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Mlm
    That was my complaint. All I asked was that the testers balance prec AOE with the top might AOE. Didn't understand how that was such a bad thing to ask. I understand they were trying to create variety in weapons, but they should have known it wasn't nearly enough time for that. Imo, trying to balance the 3 playstyle would have given the community a better result
  4. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

we need more dedicated testers to test stuff when it hits on the test server .. i see the same people testing again and again .... need more eye's on the test server so bugs or trouble un balanced powers/ weapons /sc's can be brought to light to the Devs.

Example: Earth Entomb SC doing 500k ?... broken... Rage Berserk Broken again.... no other super charges come close to the damge these 2 can do<<<

Weapons<< many weapons under perform right now melle and range like staff all of its combos suck.., rifle only decent one is flurry, rest suck again... i have private pmed devs with links to pvt videos + links to combat logs + screenshots ... iv done my part i guess and hopes for the best !

me out peace all
    • Like x 1
  5. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

yeh true :( the best parsers right now look eally bad vs might parsers at the cr 281 and 54k might vs 32k prec
  6. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Yeah, the game would be much better if you and other like minded people were to stay away. No one's missing you besides the 7 or whatever ppl liking your post that's contributing to the "balance" of the game.
    I don't need to test anything. My point stands, this was meant to happen. I'm glad it did. Now, hopefully this same energy can arise and return once the next overpreforming dps method shows up. Continue to believe that things will actually be addressed correctly lol
  7. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Precision is in a very bad spot now. Thank you for your attempt but it's unsettling that the developers are choosing the balance the game around numbers on a sparring dummy and not embracing weapon damage that actually does high numbers. Effectively this update does the following:
    A) Kills any hope for prec ranged DPS to keep up with might
    B) Kills any hope of a hybrid DPS setup unless you're support
    C) Reinforces that superpowered and spamming powers is king.

This is not what the community wanted. But I thank you for trying. This update shows the huge disconnect between the community and developers. It also enforces people's notation that ya'll don't play your own game to understand what you are doing to precision damage.

I will always speak the truth and tell you my feelings about the direction of changes in this game. Please reconsider all the changes.
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Lol no, you wanted prec AOE balanced against Nature AOE. How is that balance in any of the sense of the word? Let's balance 11 weapons and 40+ weapon mastery combos against 1 out of 15 powersets, which happens to be the highest might AOE.

yea balance

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

here we go again... Berserk doesnt perform nearly as good in real content as on test dummies.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

neither do melee weapons but you can see what happened to them ;)
  11. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

A thanks to those who spent time testing and trying to get things right with the 3rd.... or is it 4th weapons balance. Hopefully rifles 5 tap combo was looked into like someone posted earlier because it effected 2 legends characters as well. Which is the only place with semi balanced pvp today
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

I compared the current AOE melee to nature. More than anything else I stressed prec AOE should be comparable to the top melee powers. Nature is an entire mother beast, especially with the new philosophy stone, or whatever artifact gives time off supply drops.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

well i am not satisfied aswell about how they handled jack but there is no reason to drag rose under with as well despite me being the opinion that saving the Titanic(=weapon mastery) is not an easy task to do, comparing a 3xtap+2hold combo to a simple tap+hold or 2x hold anyway... they would need to make all combos input similar for balance purpose but that wouldnt look good while executing ...
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So I see a lot of precision is dead comments and that’s absolutely false. Sure WM combos might not be the greatest but there are a lot of regular combos that are great and maybe one or two that might be a tad to good. There’s even ranged options with handblasters and even some other combos. Also DW-flurry last time I checked was just fine. Not as good as it is on live but just a little toned down. I’m not that good with flurry and I was getting 24-28k depending on crits with a little over 26k prec. Others who are good at it can and will do better.

Those who are crying about WM oh well maybe one day those combos will be better but honestly I’m happy there aren’t. They take no skill, they play slow and most of the time don’t work well in content cause of poor mobility and combo length. Also I would never wish such a boring playstyle on anyone lol.

Everyone needs to chill. This is Dc we all know that sadly things will be rushed but hopefully when the update hits live after we see what really sticks out we can tone down and bring up things that need some help. Like I said before it would be wise to get all reg combos adjusted properly first then move on to WM cause without the correct base combo you will never balance WM correctly.

I really hope we can get some fast follow up on this from the devs. To many times things have hit live and stayed that way for to long or forever. Let’s not let that happen anymore.
    • Like x 3
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Nature really isn’t op it’s just good everywhere cause I spent tons of time working with a dev to improve nature all around. That’s something that should have been done with all the powers but either some didn’t want to help out or the other devs weren’t willing to budge with making the right changes. I tried my best with both nature and electric cause those are my two favorite powers. If revamp wasn’t so rushed and devs were more open we could and should have got all power to a good spot like that.

Also nature is a lot of work to get max potential out of.
    • Like x 1
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

i think the venom wrist nerf will take away from some of natures shine with the gorilla taps which made it pretty OP. but yeah anything that flirted with being as good as precision before this nerf is the powers everyone will flock to now. Practically gadgets and Nature at least for elite content.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Venom stopped being meta with nature a while ago ;)
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If I was a dev reading the feedback in here I would be so confused as to what was really going on lol. Some say prec is dead others like myself say it’s in a better spot then it was. And people wonder why things don’t go how people want lol.

We need to have testing standards again so everyone is on the same page so we don’t have all this confusion. If the devs don’t want to list them out I’ll get together with some others and we will come up with something and make a post about what stats and methods you should be using.
    • Like x 4
  19. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

And that's another reason I wanted the power dump buff gone for controllers is because it makes a noticeable difference in testing and not everyone has access to a troll. That and people have wanted cog/tetra to be personal buffs instead of group buffs so we don't have group comps cheesing passives that now we have to factor into and use for weapon testing (and power testing in the future).
    • Like x 1
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.