Test Discussion GU97: Weapon Combat Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBeama Well-Known Player

My method of weapons testing may not be the desired way to get a baseline but it's more practical. I'm not sure if there was another weapons pass, but when it was first put on the server, I was able to complete the solo with all the weapons. This past weekend, I could only do it with handblasters. I think you're going the wrong way with the adjustments.
  2. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

3. DaBeama Well-Known Player

4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

There are plenty of weapons you can use to beat the solo. If your trying WM combos maybe that’s your problem cause WM isn’t ideal for solo content cause most are to slow to get off before you get countered or stunned.
  5. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

thank you for the feedback
    but the 2 melle weapons giving insane parsers see below: (brawler into home run, daul pistols into ultra flurry)

let me know what u guys think!
    The 2 ranges ones did preety decent: ( shield magnum round, daul wield into explosive shot)

let me know what u guys think!

Thank you
  6. L T Devoted Player

Brawling home run was about the same as Haymaker in my tests. Those two were the highest parsing melee attacks by a wide margin except for Sweep Shot, which seemed obviously broken to me. Sweep Shot mastery was the only DP attack that seemed OP to me.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rushsteel Active Player

Might can parser 45k to 50k on live. im not sure if that is broken but they can adjust the ultra flurry if they want. They already killed it, they can kill it some more
    • Like x 2
  8. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

hope not! lol ultra flurry needs to stay as it is :! some might dps doing 54k parsers lol prec users need something tht will do nice parser melle atelast... home run is preety op hits harder than ultra flurry by far
    • Like x 1
  9. Rushsteel Active Player

might want to edit your post. You make it sound like the parsers are broken but the truth is it's just prob the best one we have. Which is sad when you think about it lol. Those numbers are so low
  10. Rushsteel Active Player

and one more thing. Show stats and gear. At that level of stats and gear for might you would hit over 50k parsers. I really enjoy your testing though man and hopefully they don't kill prec so much you can't even do anything. It's already bad when the current status but DCAutymn is working hard.
  11. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Yup keep posting videos of "op" parsers. Prec is already balanced and thriving with variety lmao
  12. Aggro Well-Known Player

I have made a chart of the reasons why people do not use the most weapons and there's an example of the old 2017 chart explaining combo time and the damage of those times vs the damage they do green is good, blue is adjustable and red is pretty bad, please take the time to view my chart ;)

https://ibb.co/8BHWD4C
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

With the dlc in 3 days, I wouldn't expect any big changes if they plan to launch the update with the dlc. Might be time to pack it up bois.
  14. qqqqqqqq New Player

Pls Show the Stats and CR when u do this & use 10 sec parser..so it can be compare fairly will might stats at that current CR..from what i see u guys make it seems OP but its really not...especially Range AOE WM..Pls guys this will help those Low Range AOE Might Power like Rage or Ice to be par with power like Munition,Nature, Electric Range AOE. Those who like the support role on that power need those weapon prec to dps with it..
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

i cant wait to finally try out more weapons on my precision toon. long overdue
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it's nice to dream of meaningful change?
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Until it happens, it's all just dreams. I hope they work more on it after the update.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aggro Well-Known Player

AOE Range hits about or higher then melee by like 5k to 10k at 10s parses so no not op, but they shouldnt be hitting higher then melee

And ye, no point on testing further the dlc is here in 2 days, basically last min fixes and tests are gonna be stuck on live once it drops
  19. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Lol meaningful change. The "community" disingenuously wanted a weapons balance so we can be in the situation we're in now on test. Nothing is really getting balanced. You're right tho, "balance" is a dream lmao. Let's see how many players are actually going to use different weapons and be content with using prec builds throughout this dlc and the next sm. Hmm where are the dishonest bunch of testers that actually believe (likely lying) that the developers were going to bring variety and balance to prec/hybrid?

That's right, crickets.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Comments like this is why I stayed away from testing this update. Something goes wrong and testers are the first to get blamed. Instead of pointing fingers, maybe you can pull out an old dusty laptop and help, cause I'm sure you're more honest then some of the testers and have better moral standards, right?
    • Like x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.