New Emotes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

New emotes for NPCs have been made like the meditate pose used by the Blue Lanterns and Raven, and the godly/regal hands behind back pose used by Darkseid, Mordru, Zeus, and Mera. when are we gonna get those? I'd even buy them from the MP.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sivulla Dedicated Player

I think Megzilla wants to know of all your emote suggestions.
    I suggested iconic emotes too.
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To get new Emotes cost efficient in game, you need Motion capture and since it seems quite expensive to have a Special Studio for that i dont think this will ever happen.

Would love to know if its actually even Possible to implement MoCap into a game this old. :)
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

wouldnt mind the batman who laughs fingers emote they showed us
    • Like x 3
  5. Raven Roth Committed Player

We also need Constantine's finger snap emote
    • Like x 1
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You dont need new mocap to create new emotes. They can be manually created and animated.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Long overdue for new emotes
    • Like x 5
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I cant believe they've never tried these. Seems an easy money maker.
    • Like x 3
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Probably complex coding related issues that we don't understand or something like that
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Oh im sure. Something we dont know. Still. Wish they'd figure something out.
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

Could someone please get Meg's stance on this?
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

No it's to do with the fact they'd have to go through all body types for both females and males and create the animation for all of them from what i understand.

It's probably more of a resourcing thing than a technical thing.
    • Like x 3
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes but it seems to be not worth the time spent, since it takes very Long compared to mocap. Otherwise we would have wayy more Emotes already or way more different power animations i guess (just a guess)
    • Like x 1
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Id venture to guess its a time and resource thing yeah. Whether its worth the time spent is up for debate.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So....complex coding stuff that we probably don't understand.

Got it lol.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Wouldn't call it complex, time consuming.
  17. Rainnifer Committed Player

I have been wanting to facepalm the way the npcs do, or maybe a tapping foot emote. For the players who don't seem to listen...
    • Like x 3
  18. HELLLLLLPPME Well-Known Player

They could put new emotes on market.
    Like for 180 DC. They'll win money and we'll have new things on market !
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

^^^^^This. So much this!!!^^^^^

Edit: If they weren't account redeemable i'd still be ok with it. I'd even buy them on toons that barely see the light of day.
    • Like x 2
  20. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

There are a number of emotes/actions, already programmed, scattered throughout the game. All of the winter seasonal dances, the full on the floor (not worthy) bow from the flash museum duo. Writhing on the ground when the Hades hounds jump you. Etc. They could start w/ those to get a feel for the market.

I would also suggest separating all dances and resting poses from their personalities and offering them as well. I have personally always hated the female "flirty" dance and would love to be able to switch that out for any of the other dances
    • Like x 3