Did Fortify Golem Get Fixed in GU97?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millefune PSN, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Could someone with access to the Test Server check and see if Fortify Golem's fix got put into Game Update 97, please? I 'm interested in playing Earth, and want to know if one of its tanking tools is working properly before committing more time to leveling up an Earth character.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Instead of wanting someone else to do it. Why don't you go on Test and try it for yourself. Everyone has access to Test now.
  3. Perdition Committed Player

Fyi, not everyone is playing on PC. If i go by his name, he’s playing on Playstation.
    • Like x 4
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

But everyone has a PC, yes? Hence everyone has access to Test. You don't need to be a subscriber to use test. Test is 100% free now.
    • Like x 1
  5. Perdition Committed Player

Well, if i can run paint on my pc for example, i’m happy. Not everyone uses their PC to game on :rolleyes:
    • Like x 6
  6. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Then if they're not willing to do their own work then they shouldn't expect someone else to do it for them. That's called lazy.
  7. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Fortify Golem seems to be shielding Brick from direct damage from npc's if he has aggro, but it doesn't shield him from transfered damage or at least it isn't showing in the combat log if it is (it shows when he gets attacked directly but not when its transfer damage from me). Is this working as intended?
    • Like x 2
  8. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Thank you for taking the time to check! ^_^

Feels weird, though. If I'm tanking, Brick would almost never have aggro, since I'd be constantly taunting as I used my powers and pulls... correct? So it should shield or prevent damage that gets shunted over to Brick from me to be an effective ability to use.
    • Like x 2
  9. Batuba Developer

Just to clarify on this ability. It shields the pet from outside sources of damage (aka from enemies attacking it), however it will not mitigate the damage transferred from the player to the pet.
  10. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Welp, that was the only reason we wanted it fixed, to stop brick from getting 1shotted. Oh well.
    • Like x 2
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Rockhound, I personally do not have a PC, and don't have reason for one. Judging from your other post, I see how your mentality is. Its not called being lazy when one has resources to something whereas the other doesn't. Its called being helpful or courteous. Something that I assume you lack because of how you respond or treat people on the forums.
    • Like x 5
  12. Aggro Well-Known Player

Umm, outside sources is ok but if we take a heavy hit, brick gets 1shotted through that damage transfer, dropping basically are only "tank mechanic" that separates dps and tank roles.. once brick is down we r hopeless.. shield rotations will be or next options trying to get brick back

Can we have a grace period to respawn brick? Trying to spawn him multiple times while getting cc'ed/hit, especially when tanking adds is horrendous.

Also the elite mod Soul link 2% melts brick in an instant, which goes back to trying to respawn him again and again
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Brick are not so Brick after all eh? Seems like 1 shot brick is really a bricked disadvantage to running brick. Pretty broke to me lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I changed from earth because brick simply didnt perform as he did before the revamp. He seems to die very quickly despite the shielding he gets. Im not sure if he still heals when fortify golem is used (he used to before revamp). Maybe how his hp or defense scales was changed. I dont know for sure, but he dies alot faster and is almost never at full hp, which makes his deaths more frequent. Using Totem used to be icing on the cake but after revamp, it is the little a player can do to try to keep brick up a second or two longer before an inevitable death. Heck I would depend on the cooldown of my soders so I could clip them like a shield to get me back to health and spawn him at the same time, just to get back on my feet. I think thats what has gotten some earth players frustrated. Heck, if we can get little brick a big meaty sandwich, I will go back earth. Lol

Tks for your time and responses btw. :)
  15. Berza Committed Player

16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yep, absolutely thought the exact same thing
    • Like x 1
  17. Roocck Committed Player

Hello all,
    I have been waiting for Earth brick tank to be up, fixed and functioning the way it should be. I have decided to go ahead and swith to Earth and have noticed that there seem to still be issues with brick, or maybe I am doing something terribly wrong. It seem that the fortify golem power back os fully getting charged but after the first group d pound it is completely dried of power. Golen is not gettng no type of aggro from adds or boss. And last but not least if the golen brick shield actually working, for some reason I have not seen any shield around nf brick, maybe I havent really paid attention. Could someone please clarify is brick has been updated and fixed oe is there still issue with it...
  18. Berza Committed Player

I'm not in game and I'm not playing Earth so I didn't test the functionality on brick's shield, but:
    -Brick uses his power bar to heal himself, and for jackhammer. This is will drain his power bar in around 6 seconds. The cooldown of Fortify Golem, you know.
    -Brick is NOT supposed to get aggro from adds os bosses, he isn't meant to tank for you but Instead he will be transferred 2/3 of the damage dealt to you. So if he receive aggro on top of that he would be absolutely useless. In fact, the reason for brick getting a shield is preventing him from receive splash damage from the attacks adds and bosses lands on you.
    -As I said before I can't test shield right now, but brick's shield looks like your personal shield, Gemstone Shield, the four stones floating around him. But this shield will prevent damage from external sources, not the damage transferred from you, so it can still be one shoted through the shield.
  19. Roocck Committed Player

Thank you for the reply. After playing around with Brick I have noticed that he intact do get the shield, but as for the 6 sec power drain for health and jackhammer rehén is faster than 6 sec... Actually drains within 1-3 sec... I had always thought that Brick would help and taunt agro as needed from adds or boss... Hmmmm... Again thank you....
  20. Berza Committed Player

The power he receives is over time, unless he's working different from other powersets pets, and also he will use it primarily for self heal. Not sure if he uses JH for anything else than juggling adds so I can't help with that. I actually played Earth very low time because even when I loved the powerset as DPS, I quickly realized I was not able to tank due to my own playstyle, so I just know theory and a bit of practical side. So I advice you to read guide section, watch ObsidianChill video guide on Earth, maybe Multiverse if he has one (probably ObsidianChill is more targeted for advanced players) and also posting any other doubt you have on a new thread on the Powers and Movements section, where it will draw more attention and you may get better answers from real Earth tanks. (Also, I couldn't avoid noticing your phone? predictive keyboard is changing some words so I again advice you to check before post).