Dev Discussion Development Update: Weapons and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Might is uneffected and precision will be less potent than it was. If you weren’t motivated to switch before, there’s even less reason to switch now.
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You mean like the Claw of Aelkhund?
  3. Happy® New Player

After this Weapon balance do you thinking to make balance between might powers ? Probably no one tell you but there is some broken might powers like nature you should fix. yeah maybe venom artifact was broken with flurry shot and smoke bomb WM but in the end every powers could play and do almost same dps with precision now you push people to play might and there is a hugh balance issue between might powers when u gonna fix that ?
    • Like x 2
  4. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

They can't. Not without doing an actual huge update for 1-2 months. Half of the damage gap is because only some powersets have strong single target moves.
    Quantum - has single with pull combo, but has to be close, time bomb is splitting damage regardless
    Munitions - has decent single target due to the bug that hasn't been fixed yet, otherwise it'd be meh
    HL - has strong single target
    Gadgets - has strong single target
    Mental - doesn't have strong single target moves besides Invisibility but has 300 power cost dots and burst at least to make up for it
    Nature - strong st taps, moves, huge passive dots, double scaling with might & prec
    Celestial - strong single target
    Sorcery - Only has 1 strong ST dot and no ranged ST burst, Soul well ranged nerfed and doesn't stack as easily
    Elec - No strong single target moves (only 100 power costs), no ST dots, not a lot of 300 power cost burst moves either
    Water - no strong st moves. has a combo clip and like 2 decent 300 power cost burst moves but not enough to do well + the burst is aoe
    Rage - Dreadful is AoE so rip
    Earth - Upheaval is AoE and while Pebble Blast is strong and carries a decent amount, the rotations don't do well without passive dots from Totem or Debris in the background and the setup time/possible crit chances on the dots instead of Pebble Blast makes parses inconsistent. Having Debris as a quadra DoT like it was on revamp test server might've fixed this issue, but someone had to get it nerfed.
    Ice - no strong ST moves, only good cast move is subject to a bug where it can cancel damage, boulder can be body-blocked by npc's
    Fire - decent due to 2 strong channels, but has no strong single target moves
    Atomic - Every combo is AoE like Rage

They'd need to add/modify powers for most of the powersets in the game, and if they wanted to get rid of earth and rage destroying the other might powers on adds, they'd have to include more melee options for the other powersets as well as most just have 1 move instead of an entire loadout dedicated to close range possible.
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

Artifacts question:

What about those who used the XP glitch back then until it got fixed and sit on heavily overloaded XP they gained for free?
  6. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

They all got lowered to whatever rank it was at. So say instead of 2-3mil xp inside of the artifact, it would've been lowered down to 680k'ish or whatever. Happened a few months back.
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

They didnt. Cause:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. gemii Dedicated Player

if you really think this was the case why was everyone running around survival mode doing the same weapon combo and not using these might powers you speak of. over 90 percent of players that passed survival mode was using venom / flurry shot even the support roles.

one reason nature does what it does is because of Venom Wrist artifact and doing weapon taps while using gorilla. Even without that it probably does need a slight tone down so i can agree to an extent.
  9. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Guess that means the rumors I heard were right and there is a current artifact exploit out. The previous one that went public I know people that got reset back down including artifacts that weren't even at rank 160. If they have 3mil xp, I guess DC needs to do another sweep and prob drop bans this time for anyone with extreme xp values.
  10. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

No. After the Grim artifact came out, all you do is replace the weapon buff with a robot sidekick in the loadout and run Solar, Tetra, Grim, and you put out more damage than the old setup.
  11. Happy® New Player

mobility fast easy to react machanics but why do you think this sm based its not change to facts nature is overpower for contents after prec nerf other might powers will strugge against nature dps. becuase nature good at almost every stuation
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

Is this guy in top 10 SP on EU? :p
  13. kalnelh New Player

If you're nerfing the upside of Venom Wirst then you also need to reduce the downside by half "and reduces your base Power regeneration by 10% for 6 seconds" should become 5%
    • Like x 2
  14. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

so.... I'm all for precision - water dps as might is not good enough so once the precision artifacts came out I slowly made the switch to precision. Prior to water I was sorcery from '11 as a free to play participant.

Do you know why everyone uses the same weapon combo? ease of use
    If all weapons had the same buttons to use such as DW into bow flurry - you would see a much greater usage of all the different weapons (and I've pointed this out in a prior post but who to listens to me?)
    some of the weapon combos - though powerful are difficult at best to pull off with any consistency

so the solution should be to have all weapons combos with the easiest to do - which over time seems to be dw into bow flurry - so the devs should change the button combos to the easiest and have it the same for all the weapons - then and only then will you begin to see more players adopt another weapon

also I've noticed for the past month or so that the top tier alerts and raids seemed to have the health or defense of the adds and bosses increased as it takes longer to complete (I believe there was an update and I noticed it that same day, but haven't posted anything.

I'm wondering if all those might players that complained about weapons (precision based) players will ever be satisfied....
    this game seems to cycle between power of the month (which is might based and really doesn't matter that much to me - though I must admit when I was sorcery several years ago that the fury was OP for a nice spell)

Quality of Life -
    1) the devs should place the role icon next to your friends name
    2) if I have you on my ignore list - I should never play with you
    3) why do we even have a "enable task force x" button/option? since it never works - I'm always placed in content with villians
    4) but if you do want heros to play with villains - we should be able to talk to them, send tells and generally have a much better communication
    5) the spawn rate for exo-materials appears to be dismal again, please let them spawn faster - it would be nice to have super exo materials - say a super counts the same as 10each or 100each or perhaps 1000each
    6) if you kick me from an instance - I should be allowed to ignore you
    7) perhaps if you quadrupled the loot (marks) with pvp for a weekend - you might see an uptick in players - instead of the dreadful que times that are now occurring - I don't believe 8 man pvp - can be triggered with random players - since I've been queueing (again) - I've only been able to go into 4 man or 5 man at the most. This could be due to the low population of players doing pvp - so you need to dangle an enticement or make another queueing arrangements such as - choose to fight with bots (AI)
    8) you may wish to let players have two (2) generators - thus enabling more customization of their toon - for instance I could then have a might based generator and a precision based generator - or a health based and a power based or a dominance based and a restoration based. If you really wish to allow players to customize (differentiate their toon from others - it's not just style)
    perhaps then when these updates come along - you won't have so many complaints as users could build their toons as either might and/or precision based. The answer really is to have multiple generators.

oh I'm biased I've been playing since '11 and I've notice the ever changing directions that the DLCs and updates will force you to choose .

I for one don't believe the precision based players need to be nerfed.

oh and BTW another QoL (quality of life) - you need more than just CR next to a players - skill points should be shown, as well as years played - though I think years played may be tricky especially if the players like to change their toons name.

if you do survival mode - instead of the little arena - I'd prefer one where you go thru a landscape, a tunnel, a water scenario, a falling down a wishing well or edge of the cliff - make it a long map - instead of round by round

just my 2+2 cents
  15. GrimmMalbogia New Player

I'm a precision based player, and have been ever since the concept of it arose. I loved the idea of doing damage with just my weapon the better represent the power of Super Strength I envisioned my toon having. I also use two handed for this reason. I use the WM because It helps me do more damage but also because it adds variety in combos. What I don't like is that I am locked into using only MA or the bow as my combo options. I would've liked to have seen something a bit more fluid in terms of what the WM would be. As long as you got the sp you could use any weapons you like for the combos, Along with any move from the weapon tree. The only issue with this method would be that it would make pvp too chaotic, as you would have difficulty predicting what your opponent will do, but at the same time you have to have the sp to do a super crazy loadout so it would kinda balance out.
  16. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

The everyone will need seals of completion. its like 3% chance of at 180 and 2% at 200. So you HAVE to buy seals. its an easy 10 bucks per person if you want to stay competitive. So from now on, when ever they are strapped on some cash all they have to do is raise the levels on the artifacts forces people to buy seals. That is why people are leaving in waves and everyone is amazed at this up coming phoned in dlc.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The extra XP has been removed. It's a tooltip issue now.
    • Like x 3
  18. Berza Committed Player

So, just for being sure, Mepps. Will we be able to overlevel our artifacts during this double XP weekend, getting them to i.e. 1.678 millions and just breakthrough them on September 12?
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you have a Rank 159 Artifact right now, you need 1 million XP to get to Rank 200 from Rank 160 and of course a little eart just to get to Rank 160. You basically need 200,000+ XP in each slot of the 5 to reach this. So you'll want to pray to the stacking Gods that you have 200K+ of XP in each slot if you wish to achieve this.
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Technically if a player wanted to spend the money, they could buy 5 75k XP Nth Metal from the Marketplace and load them onto a Artifact that is right at 160. This is a guarantee'd 700k XP when doubled, not to mention the possibilities of crits which at that level, if it happened, would be pretty damn high if any crit.

Sooooo yeah...$45 in XP and some decent luck a player could in fact juice a 159 Artifact to almost the XP requirement for a Rank 200 Artifact.

So Berza's question has some merit although I would never ever recommend a player giving Daybreak $45 for Nth Metal. Then again I wouldn't recommend them giving $20 to Daybreak for Stabilizers either but we obviously all get an idea of how well they sell. :confused:
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.