Test Discussion GU97: Weapon Combat Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Predicament Well-Known Player

Just wondering about cross combos as well, is the formula for damage still based on time? For example MA smoke bomb combo 6 tap and 1 hold, will always do more damage than bow cross combo into smoke bomb which only requires 2 tap one hold? And if time to perform is what determines the damage, will that apply to all combos, example of Mega Smash from two handed should alway be one of the highest damaging combos in comparison to a one handed spin chop.

I know weapon damage is being worked on and being all the focus but is there any work or consideration currently about damage type diversity in each weapon tree, example, brawling combos are about 90% AoE, only combo that is Single Target is BackFist.
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

I haven't been playing and I'm an earth tank.
    1. Weapons are being reworked because of 2 weapon combos. Why can't powers be reworked because of 1 weapon. Fyi, over and entire raid, earth and rage can hit 60k. They will be using SC, but sc are meta for might powers now
    2. Balancing weapons within themselves give more variety, but dps balance will be lost. The DLC drop in the next month, it's no time to balance the weapons to other weapons when they are underperforming. That will be a waste. Everyone will never touch weapons if superpowers is superior.
    3. Never said big fixes weren't unimportant. I'm saying how do you know if the bugs are making weapons over or underperform. I know bow to pistol WM is over performing because obsidianchill showed numbers. Not how much stronger it is over the rest of the weapons.
    4 dismissing my claims with a bad assumption does nothing but derail the post. I'm asking legitimate questions with concerns. You don't have to answer any, because none of my questions are for you.
  3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

1. "reworked because of 2 weapon combos"
    - "Players will be able to choose more freely between which Artifact, Weapon, or Focus (Might vs. Precision) to use."
    - "
    • Weapon attacks were too inconsistent.
    • Most attacks were not very powerful and will be adjusted up.
    • A few attacks were extraordinarily powerful because of Venom Wrist Dispenser, and will see minor adjustments."
    Factually a lie.
    2. With a 6% might buff from Augments and possible another 5%+ from Madness if its Shattered Gotham. You don't parse 55-60k like Smokebomb w/ SS on live on a sparring target.

3. You're not asking legitimate questions. You clearly don't understand how bugs work, which skews your understanding of how they relate to those weapon combos directly as well as other combos for that weapons. Bow to Pistol wasn't overperforming, and how much stronger it is over the rest of the weapons shouldn't even be a question. It was a bug with the Weapon Expert point that made it do 10x the damage it was supposed to. That point normally grants 10% extra damage so if a combo hits for 2k, it should hit for 2.2k. But if you miss a decimal, it goes up to 22k instead. A vast majority of the major weapon combos fall into bugs of that magnitude. The baseline you're asking for doesn't exist because there aren't even enough weapon combos unbugged to compare to each other. And with the base combos and tap melee/ranges/holds being bugged, all weapon mastery parsing gets thrown out of wack as well which is why I haven't even wasted my time going back to WM testing since I was parsing 80k with 2H.

You have concern but you don't have understanding of the situation because you're not on test, and you don't know what causes weapon to behave the way they do. If you're not going to download test and parse with weapons for 8+ hours like the rest of us, please go back to the Gameplay Discussion section instead of telling us what and how to do our testing.
    • Like x 6
  4. DCAutymn Developer

Ok. I've gone through the abilities again and made some changes to reduce the difference between normal and weapon mastery values. I also made adjustments to Rifle/Flurry so it does increasing damage as the combo progresses.

I'm going to review more numbers over the weekend.
    • Like x 6
  5. Aggro Well-Known Player

I just think it's funny that u don't post the values of the weapons that are good and ask for more buffs on aritfacts/neo-vemon but the weapons that u did post as far as their weapon mastery versions need help
  6. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

1. I already stated I'm not going back and revisiting WM until the base combos that affect the dps of what WM's parse get fixed.
    2. I find it funny that I'm "asking for a buff" by half the damage, sc cost, and duration of a move. I guess I suck at basic math.
    3. I find it funny that you're asking for values of weapons that are good when my post pretty much says that they're mostly all bugged values that wouldn't be intended.
    4. I find it funny that you ask me to post values and yet your first 2 posts in the thread are nothing but crying with no mention of bugs, what weapons you're referring to, or the numbers you ask of me.
    • Like x 4
  7. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Went back and did Flurry testing again since I saw this:
    "Fixed Bow's Flurry shot so it is no longer doing 4x the damage it should.
    • Increased Flurry Shot Mastery damage slightly."

Beforehand, for the controlled stats testing I had at 17451 prec (non wm spec'd) w/ no crits, no arts, no whites, etc.
    Flurry w/o WM spec'd on ST: 18022 dps
    Flurry w/ WM spec'd: 7191 dps (- 150.62%)

After the patch:
    Flurry w/o WM spec'd: 6415 dps
    Flurry w/ WM spec'd: 7513 dps (+17.116%)

The tap ranges seemed to increase by ~10% but my Flurry ticks went from 2550-2850 up to 3000-3400. It would seem as if that part is now increased by ~20%. To match 10%, it should be reverted back to what it was before so it should line up at 6415 increasing to ~7191 I had before.

At tier performance:
    26700 prec (similar to max prec w/ cog on live)
    crits and white mods in
    Phase Dodge, Tornado Pull, Weapon Buff, Robot Sidekick, VWD, Grim, AI
    ST 30s consecutive parses - 19609 dps & 19367 dps

Added in a troll w/ a Cog passive and the power dump passive
    ST 30s consecutive parses - 23988 dps, 22882 dps, and 24287 dps

Same artifacts etc. using DW-> Flurry Mastery w/ Cog passive and power dump from troll was ~30k 30s ST parses.
    Without a troll power dump passive, and just switching the AI for Cog so its VWD, Grim, Cog, it parsed 25-28k.

Summary:
    Bow Flurry baseline (no cog passive T_T, AI artifact ): ~19.4k
    DW->Flurry baseline (w/ cog passive): ~26.5-27k
    Bow Flurry w/ troll & cog = ~23.5k
    DW->Flurry w/ troll & cog = ~30k

Not sure where you want Bow Flurry at parsing wise considering 23.5k is low end might-based dps. Prob only beats Elec and Water based dps's at comparative stats. If you want Bow-Flurry to be medium tier around Fire'ish, I'd nerf the mastery damage 10% so that it's correctly increasing, but increase the base damage of Flurry by around 20%.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aggro Well-Known Player

No, there's just better options now which make smoke bomb Mastery not worth using unless it gets buffed to where brawling, 1h and rifle r currently
    • Like x 1
  9. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Please do not overlook the precision damage for wolf, bug form, and gorilla.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Mepps said they didn't forget to update those. Also Acid Spit was fixed on test.
  11. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

It's not updated at all. It still hits like a wet noodle. You define fixed by meaning it was not doing damage before. Now the damage needs to be buffed. I am asking to please do not overlook a damage buff for these forms since they are prec based.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm just repeating what was posted here by a dev.
    If you think the damage is off, do some parses and compare them to their true weapon counterparts (ie. Gorilla Brawl combos vs Brawl combos)
    • Like x 1
  13. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

You haven't provided any feedback. Why do you post here? I don't need to parse anything to say that wolf, gorilla, and bug form haven't been touched because truthfully, they haven't.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Like I said, I'm just repeating what a dev said. I don't have access to test so if you want to show some numbers so DCAutymn has something to go on.
  15. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

If you don't have access to the test server, why do you continue to post?

I gave feedback on something that I noticed that was overlooked and you keep going on and on. You don't have the test server. Please leave me alone.
  16. Aggro Well-Known Player

Same for ice elemental not just wolf
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't know why you're telling me. Tell them, show numbers. Just saying "this was overlooked" or " this isn't hitting hard" without any context isn't feedback.
    • Like x 1
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@DCAutymn
    Quick Question:
    • Should any Weapon Mastery Combo that end on an AoE Hit do the same Damage as any other AoE Weapon Mastery?
    • Should any Weapon Mastery Combo that end on an Single target hit do the Same Damage as any other Single Target Mastery?
    Is time to perform a Weapon Mastery accounted into the Damage?
  19. Aggro Well-Known Player

I quoted u by mistake, I fixed it, and I'm just saying elemental needs some love just like wolf etc so there's a balance on the forms and not 1 power vs the other

Sorry for qouting but to add to the bullet list, all these combos or the majority don't technically work in raid situations like the famous smoke bomb/ flurry shot so buffing/nerfing a weapon won't be ideal if the combo can miss or underperform is there a way for them to be raid ready?
    • Like x 1
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, no one said you should be able to use all Weapon mastery Combos in Raids ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.