High CR players in low tier alerts and duos

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gravitik, Aug 25, 2019.

1. thirty six Loyal Player

For someone who hates the state of the game, hates daybreak, is so negative, you spend a lot of time playing the game and posting on here.

Are you upset because you got nothing out of your time capsules? Did that cute style you want not drop for you?

Who hurt you? It's time to talk about your trauma, instead of lashing out at everything, and everyone.

This is a safe place.
    • Like x 6
  2. Proxystar #Perception

So, if you've been playing since the start you're averaging 1 hour of play per day, how much of that is actually spent playing rather than just talking trash in HOD like agent whitcell has pointed out.

With respect you're not really in the best position to critisize a game you evidently barely play...

Notwithstanding that point you've admitted here you don't pay, I'm assuming you don't buy DLCs or subscribe.

Why should the developers listen to your feedback then, i mean im sure they will because obviously all feedback is useful, but that doesn't meant it's not going to be weighted with that context in mind.

You're clearly a detractor and it's beyond me why you are still even here on the forums so actively spreading negativity about the game, perhaps it's time to move on?
    • Like x 4
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

Funny thing is your experience is in fact Your own. If you choose not to get a group for content then that is your experience.

Do you know how to shout or use lfg? You still haven't answered on if you got a group together or not? Sounds like you might just be lazy
    • Like x 1
  4. dresserball Dedicated Player

Why stay on the forums? Why not just move on? Why would they listen to someone that isn't making them money? It has to be lots of people that stopped paying them to make an impact.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm glad someone made the point, heh. I think any US villain has seen him going on and on.
    • Like x 3
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

How hard is to fire DCUO up and jump into the raids? Not hard, not hard at all...But would it be worth the price of admission? Not currently IMO. If you want to purchase the DLC for me, ill be happy to play it some. However the game is still up to date, i still have my loadout ready to go. Its not a matter of difficulty getting back into the game, is it is it worth my time and money in its current state?
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In some cases it can and does mean holding back. After all, outside of comedy skits (Peyton Manning's skit on SNL for example) you're not going to see pro sports players going all out when playing with or participating in events with kids/players WAY below their skill/ability level.

Well, maybe the Patriots. Somehow it's way too easy to imagine them doing that. LOL

The gap doesn't even need to be that big, either. Watch what happens on a playground when one of the older kids starts playing a game with a younger crowd and goes all out. You've got a better-than-decent chance of seeing the game break up because the other team doesn't stand a chance against the older kid or because the kids on the older kid's team don't get a chance to participate. The latter is especially likely to happen if there's another older kid on the other team because it's more likely to become a one-on-one competition between the two older kids with the younger kids being left out. It's no fun to play when you don't get the chance to play.

Which brings me to this:

Here's the thing: Speaking generally, the instant you step into group content, it stops being all about you. When you step outside of solo missions, you are dealing with the wishes and desires of anywhere from one to seven other people. Things like your CR or amount of time playing the game hold no leverage. Their opinions matter just as much as yours. There could even be an argument made that their opinions matter more if they happen to be at the intended CR for the content, but that's another discussion.

There's something that's much easier than just blasting through content that stands to benefit a large number of players, and that's showing consideration for others. How easy is it? All it takes is eight words typed into chat before things begin.

"How do you want me to play this?"

That's it. Show even that level of consideration and you might get the thanks you're looking for. Otherwise I'd expect the "rudeness" to continue.
  10. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

lol yall really going back and forth ....
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I do want to be/feel OP!! I want to go into earlier instances and see how powerful my toon and efforts have become.

No. I don't want to ruin another player's experience and fun. I envy the beginner players the amount of content ahead of them. I would like them to experience it as I did when it was new to myself as well.

If I do enter an instance, I wait to see if anyone wants to leave so that they can queue again and perhaps get a more appropriate team. Those that remain I assume are eager to get it done and finished quick. People may argue that they were waiting a while to queue and unfair to ask them to re-queue but the reason why there was a wait is simply that no one else or very few are doing these instances.

This is also the reason I have always advocated adding a simple insertion in the queue of "Enter Now". No additional teleports, no additional graphics on UI of warping to, or specific base or league placements like the nexus portal. A simple option in queue to "enter now" with whatever group make-up.

I wonder if it would be helpful for players if someone were to create leagues from T1 to T8. Players would request entrance to the league according to their tiers and play with their level players and graduate onto the next tier league.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

If it were PVP then I'd agree with your comparison, but it's not the age, vulnerability, experience has nothing to do with whether or not I should decide to blast a PVE environment.

Your comparison relates to a competitive environment where the goal is to beat the other person, our goal in PVE is to beat the instance and I'll do that in the best way available.

Sorry but I reject your analogy.
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Just a thought for the OP...

If you're that concerned why not form a league of like-minded people with characters who've all recently finished their mentor missions and then work your way together through DLCs... so all of you just work together on Fight for the Light... do all the feats, build up your characters... repeat the process with Lightning Strikes... then with Battle for Earth... etc.

Just make sure it's a group of people who can all sign in around the same time... and that nobody is allowed to skip anything. You all have to work together, complete the DLC, and then move on to the next one. You can, if you like, skip most of The Last Laugh unless you want to do all of the PVP stuff in there. Same for Home Turf (skip the Lair Battles).
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

we need to dedicate some of those pop up thingees that provide us with helpful hints about the game while trying to sell us stuff to teaching new players how to utilize the various chat and message channels. also how to enter game content be it through the on duty tab or from forming your own group. i some of this is already in game it isnt being re enforced enough and efforts need to double down.

i've been working on a new alt the past few weeks. first one in a good three years so all that old stuff had a nice (albeit temporary) fresh feel to it. I did see signs of life in all of those open world leveling missions and around mission areas where there were walk in portals. much more than i was expecting to see.

queue times for those initial missions...area 51, gorilla island etc etc...not so much.

using lfg to get an "at tier" group together for this content...not once. i did manage to pick up a few end game players wanting to help an assumed new player out which resulted in them smashing through the hive alert while i flew around gathering the briefings and investigations and the exploration feat.

it might go a long way in making sure new players entering understand how to use these things. when the game launched i was playing on an old 19 television. I couldnt make out anything, forget understanding all the symbols. i could barely read anything written on the screen. just trying to scroll through everything that was being typed and telled and shouted somehow i got stuck and kept creating chat channels and they wouldnt close on me. even after getting a nice big hdtv to play the game on (which was AWESOME) i had a hard time figuring everything out all at once. i'm also ashamed to admit it but back then i couldnt figure out how to queue up for the t1 content. i didnt realize the queue tab was on a separate page from the basic stuff and you needed to scroll r2 to get to it...

we might see more "at tier" players queueing for content if they knew it was there and how to do it beause queue times for all t2 to 6 content is dismally slow.

its also insanely easy to get overgeared for content. besides the cr skip tokens easy to acquire time capsule gear, quark vendor gear, and event gear shoots your cr up like nobody's business. that high cr player queuing into the prime battleground might be doing that raid for the first time.

personally i love going slow through content. even if im one tap kill op ill take my time. i must have explored every single nook and cranny of every instance in game just wondering what stories lie behind all those paths and doorways. usually even really low cr players are the ones rushing ahead of me. Always funny to me when one ends up dying because he sonic flew three rooms ahead me of expecting me to be there and i'm like "hey theres a briefing here..."...

i also like playing my characters to their concepts. some are supposed to be more powerful than others, some are the "wave you hand and destroy everything" types, some are more street level, some are in between.

I would actually enjoy being able to set my difficulty level for old content.

Communication in this game has also always been awkward at best. Mics are almost non existent. Takes forever to sent a tell or group chat. Maybe we could streamline how we emote and all those ready made insta phrases into things that might make things flow smoother.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i forgot to add...

we need walk in portals.

one idea i had was tying it to our league halls and creating a new teleporting area for us or 1,2,4 and 8 man teleporting pads as league base items we can place freely. have us need to spend prestige or marks or some form of teamwork oriented currency to gain access to them and let us walk into those areas with less than a fll party.
  16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

i suppose us bad bad bad high cr ppl could stand at the entrance & let you solo it, so then you have something else to complain about. Theres really no middleground. you either get "high levels ruin fhe experience" or "boo-hoo paradox wave is so hard we need high cr ppl to come in & faceroll everything for us" thats the extent of it really. low ppl complain the high cr ppl help,or complain that the game is dead & no high crs help them :rolleyes:
  17. Lugo Well-Known Player

The game doesn't bring in enough new players to occupy the low tier content so your only options are to have a high CR player ruin the experience or wait hours to experience anything at all.

Would it be really cool if they made the low tier content relevant to high CR players by capping them and then rewarding them for playing the game instead of one-shotting everything in and out of sight? Sure.

Would that solve your problem and help make the low tier queues faster for feat hunters and the little new players we have? Sure.

But if I've learned anything from this game it's that the devs won't implement changes to benefit players that they can't make money off and the players (on the forums at least and especially) will not support any suggestions you make to improve the game. They'll just tell you LOL THAT'S HOW IT IS SO OH WELL YOUR FAULT FOR WANTING TO HAVE FUN STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR EVERYONE.. Or something.

Nobody who plays the game or develops the game seems to like any criticism of it and would rather tell you that all the problems you experience in the game are all your fault.

Oh and do expect that these same players will tell you to learn the game after you've been carried to endgame and have like 80 SPs.

And welcome to DCUO new friend. :D
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I actually don't think you should do nothing, to clarify.

I actually want a force queue system, i want to be able to force the queue to pop even without the members required if enough people vote.

Players should be able to force queue duos by themselves or find a partner

Force queue an alert with 2 people, force queue a raid with 4 people if all vote yes.

If this option was available you'd get far less people just blindly queing content.

You know despite what you say most high level players don't run the older content to annoy you, they just want to run it and waiting for the queue is the only way.

Of course should they introduce this system i wouldn't want to hear you turn complain no one is queuing with you...

Because then your argument becomes oh i want you to play with me i just want you to play the way i want you too not the way you want too ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I disagree with your rejection, but we'll set that aside because I do have an example that fits better into what I was getting at, especially in regards to my "no fun to play if you don't get a chance to play" point.

There's an anime currently running right now, called Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

And to answer your question, because anime. Whatever the question might be, it's because anime. :D

Anyhow, the basic outline of the show is that a young man is thrown into a game world (being sent to a fantasy world/game world is a pretty popular theme right now) with his mom in tow. The problem? His mom is OP as all get-out thanks to her weapon choices (the two-hit multi-target attack thing is literal). He's trying to participate in fights they encounter (cooperative PvE environment) but rarely if ever does because Mom usually wipes out the monsters before he can do anything. It's not intentional on her part (she's just trying to enjoy the game as well) but her actions are causing a significant amount of frustration and demoralization with her son.

MMOs are generally participatory games. You don't go into a piece of content to watch things passively play out, you go into the content to play. So when someone goes into a piece of group content and blows everything away before the other players get a chance to do anything, they're just as likely to be causing a significant amount of frustration and demoralization in those players as anything else they might cause, regardless of how good their intentions might have been.

If "the best way available" ends up disregarding the thoughts and wishes of the group or costs the other players a measure of fun they might have had, it's tough to call it the best. Easiest? Sure. But that's far from the best in my book.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Thank you for the better analogy.

Firstly what if you enjoy the fact your mom is op and destroys everything.

Is it a fair analysis to say that for every person, who you rightfully point out might be disengaged when they don't get to participate to the full extent there might equally be a person who loves watching the other person pulverise everything and run along for the ride?

The other thing of course is that a blind random queue is exactly that a blind random queue, i would assert and you're welcome to disagree that random would dictate that no two experiences would be the same...

With that being the case the complaint that over powered high cr players are ruining every experience couldn't possibly be true and is an exaggerated complaint made by only some players certainly not all, so who gets to dictate the system, whose side should the developers choose?

Im not saying either they should choose mine, but what i would say is the status quo prevails unless it becomes fundamentally obvious, its broken.

At the moment there are already solutions.

1. The low player could communicate in chat, ask before the instance starts "hey would you mind holding back" if the high cr player ignored that I'd sympathise with you... but if you don't actually communicate your desires and instead just get angry well then....

2. You could use LFG to form and stop blind queuing, if you can't find a partner then perhaps that should indicate to you that you should be more appreciative you're getting a queue pop at all, clamping others isn't going to magically make them queue for you in fact it'll do the opposite and if the low players already aren't LFGing with you, why would they suddenly now queue and improve your situation.

For what it's worth and as anecdotal as it is, I've been playing 10 years and in that 10 years ive experienced only 1 or 2 people ever get upset about blasting content, the thousands of others have encouraged me to use my full powers and have enjoyed the experience... so from my perspective i find it very difficult to believe people are logging in every day and just having every instance ruined and if they are see point 2 above... LFG.
    • Like x 2