Updated Count of SP from Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Aug 24, 2019.

1. not_again Dedicated Player

Episode Feats Since Time Capsules Began:

Amazon Fury III- 11.3 SP
    Age of Justice- 11.85 SP
    Riddled with Crime- 9.25 SP
    Earth 3- 9.25 SP
    Deluge- 8.65 SP
    Judas Contract- 11.35 SP
    Atlantis- 13.40 SP
    Justice League Dark- 12.25 SP

Total- 87.3

I had to put this info together across a few websites, but it should be pretty close. Also, I can not get a good number on how many SP have come from seasonals since the first capsules, but I would guess somewhere between 5-8.

With this information and using 8 as seasonal skill points introduced, the amount of SP progression since the first time capsule is approximately 40%. I would conclude that this trend will continue. If you are ignoring time capsules you will be ignoring 40% of future skill points.

At this time the lack of SP from time capsules is insignificant, but at 40% of all available future SP there will reach a point that they can no longer be ignored.
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was trying to share some transparency on the weight of SP from capsules compared to the 400+ SP from the rest of the game. I don't feel like 65 SP is a lot to miss out on for people that choose not to chase those particular feats, especially when there are other avenues to obtain more SP than what someone may require. Obviously not everyone sees it that way and that's fine they're entitled to their opinion despite the numbers are right there in front of them.

I'm not really for or against feats in Time Capsules, I do feel there are a few feats that are just too out of place for this game.
    In my overall opinion for anyone reading this that isn't a completionist: optional system, optional feats, optional progression. If you don't enjoy Time Capsules just simply don't feel pressured to chase them.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Someone with 400 SP has gone beyond maxing the stat points for their role already.
    • Like x 1
  4. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Since everyone is doing math, max SP is always good but you effectively need 298 SP to max out SP for a role that only uses one main power for the current DLC. Artifacts is where the true discussion should be at as SP really doesn't matter that much (unless you have less than 298 and don't use a combo of prec/might or whatever).
    • Like x 2
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

You chose to ignore the bigger picture presented by others here. That there are 400+ SP from the rest of the game doesn't change anything, not anything at all regarding the issue that you're directly or indirectly downsizing. Again, go and compare the Episode-related feats introduced since the first time TC's got introduced. Another forumer posted the rough count on that in here, aswell.

Trying to say that "oh its okay you got much more older feats to get" is a copout excuse, because that's SP that have grown since the game's launch up to now. How many years have Time Capsules been a thing in comparison? Yet here we are, already up to 65+ SP all attached to that. That is the issue. Imagine if they implemented Time Capsules much earlier in the game and kept releasing them as frequently as they have.

You said it yourself, the numbers are right in front of you. If the process is not slowed down, the SP inflation tied to gambling boxes is just going to cause more issues.
  6. Ully Committed Player

Disturbing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice list. Not that you should make more work for yourself, but how many of those even are tied to the near impossible to get things vs the semi easy to get things.... i.e. Emblems are/were easy....Gear style set was a bit harder/more expensive...Flaming Phoenix feather (and the Phoenix material that you get from it) are near impossible/stupid expensive.

Just saying...even with the worst of luck and a reasonable amount of in-game money, you should be able to score 1/3 to 1/2 of those 65.5 SP using the free stablizers and some trading skill.

Yeah, TCs suck...yeah, 'skill points' being tied to loot boxes sucks a lot, but people act like being a top of the board DPS vs last place or playing a role where you can either make it through Elite....or fail....all falls within those 65 SP. It doesn't for most. Nice to have for sure, but not world ending if you don't.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm putting a spreadsheet together as we speak, sweetness.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nothing says 'excitement' like a spreadsheet....

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Episode/Event in Gold, Time Capsule in Green. I did not count Seasonals. TC releases couldn't possibly get any slower than this year.
    [IMG]
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seems to me like if they keep up this pace (or theorectial pace of 3 a year, if they squeeze one in Dec still.), and run about parallel with the episodes (Metal1 launches in 3 weeks...that's pretty close), it wouldn't be too bad. That year 2 run was pretty rough (with a follow up in Jan too boot) I think some of the slowdown is the megas...which hopefully they will do again when there is a lull. Ideally we should have had one over the last month before the Dark Knights cap launch as Shazam ran so long anyway. I'd like to see less than 3 a year, but definitely not more than there is content being launched. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Nice info. See...I knew it would be exciting as soon as a spreadsheet was produced.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

That is if they keep it that way, of which is the entire point about several people's feedback, "sweetness". Here's hoping they actually do keep slowing it down, because that process is very needed.
  13. sharpy36 Active Player

Any chance you have a breakdown of how many feats each TC takes to get its full SP? Like how many 3 star feats vs 2 star feats vs 1 star feats in each TC vs total SP. Also how many different feats vs SP per episode? I definitely don't want you to do any work to get those numbers, but if you already have them it would be fun to see. It's completely unrelated to my feelings one way or the other about SP coming from TC, I'm just curious.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's nice to have, but it's not the game changer you're trying to make it out to be. I have friend and leaguemates who don't have all of those skill points (some just barely at 400), and they not only manage to run Elite just fine, but they tend to run circles around me regularly...and most of them had no problems running SM.

There's also Gear (Elite & OP), Augments, and Artifacts to take into consideration. Those extra SP are noticeable, but with diminishing returns and temporary caps in place, it's not as noticeable in comparison to the other factors I mentioned (Gear Etc), or loadouts and rotations.

That doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the ever increasing amount of SPs locked behind TCs, but there does seem to be a lot of exaggeration being tossed about as hard insurmountable facts.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

So far I've just seen the usual few trying to downsize the issue, more so than people exaggerating it. Just comes down to some of you liking the TC-setup for reasons, and a lot of us disliking it for reasons.

Artifacts and TC's are two different animals of probably equal need of being slowed down. Artifacts truly cause progression-related imbalance in gameplay, TC's are one of the main reasons the game's economy has turned to sh*t again, just to name one major reason. The biggest problem with the TC's feats are not that they would be incredibly super-mega gamebreaking, that's just some players trying to dance around the real issue, the biggest problem is that they are locked behind a lottery box. Considering how small the gap is between Content-related feats and TC-related feats since TC's got released and Episodes/DLC's made a comeback, it does pose issues not to take lightly unless they are actually keeping a slowed down pace to the process from now on.

It's not just about existing players chasing, any new players will have a so much harder time than some players care to admit, to get these feats. Anyone of us that has been active and around for all of these TC's have had an easier time getting the items as we got to watch them go down in price and got the advantage of getting to spend cheaper in-game money on most of the prices at certain points on most of the stuff that isn't very rare. For anyone else trying to catch up on those feats, it is not not the case on the majority of items. With the crazy inflation thanks to TC's, pricing have gone through the roof in all kinds of insane ways on a lot of items. So much exploiting and nearly gamebreaking inflation are all in relation to Time Capsules, yet some players want to tell me that "it is being exaggerated".

It's not just about the progression itself attached to those 65+ points, and you know it. Bare in mind aswell, with this many SP's locked and still counting behind this lottery box-cashgrab, it severely hinders the devs from making any type of significant change in terms of Skillpoints in the future.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just wondering....do you see the fact that getting your artifacts up to 200 will end up costing >100 bucks or like 10 years of grinding as a bigger, smaller or equal issue? Yeah, there's not many SP wrapped up in Artifacts, but they make way more of a difference in the end.

Also, you keep referring to those 65.5 points like NONE are attainable. Can you at least agree that about 1/3 are reasonably easy to get? The emblems drop like water except 1 or 2 select ones per cap and even at 5-6 million for the rarest pieces, the regular gear sets are fairly easy....even back tracking, assuming you can get the older caps....which you can.

BTW, I have all the SP from the TCs(except this latest one)....I hate the TCs....and would gladly give up those SP, if future TCs had no SP in them. I've spent very little real world cash to get them done, but probably 1 billion + in game....but out of that billion about 80% was probably just to get the 3 collections per set....let those go and it's not a lot of SP.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Considering the damage both TC's and Artifacts have caused on different levels for the community, yeah, they're in equal need of being slowed down, because they have both been negatively impacting the game through it's rampant implementation and approach, although from different aspects. Btw, is this where I say "you don't need to have them at 200"? :p

No, I am refering to those 65+ (currently, for now) SP's for what they are, attainable through lottery boxes or through what comes down to TONS and TONS of cash through a currently VERY messed up and inflated economy all mainly due to Time Capsules (and the exploiting there of).

You prove the very point I presented in the post you chose to respond on. You've been here, you've been able to take advantage of every TC coming out and get to experience the pricing going down. Not everyone have, and for anybody who haven't been here to play Stockbroker Universe Online through every single TC that have made it in the game so far, it becomes more costly than some want to care to let on. The fact that some of the stuff is so rare and pricy that your best bet is ignoring it all together doesn't really soothe the situation, lol.

Zneeak
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Never said ignore it....but there is a difference between ignoring and obsessing. You can still work on many of the TC feats opening some on occasion, or yes....working the broker like Gordon Gekko....and buying the things in game. To my knowledge, there are 3 collections per TC each resulting in .5 SP, which equate to 1.5 SP per TC. Let them go, and sell the lesser collection pieces you are sure to get if opening old TCs and buy the gear pieces you are missing/emblems or maybe horde that cash you make for one of the biggies.

Is it fair? No....But I can't ever have a Tom Bot or 'back from the hack' feat or any of the SM titles/Drops I missed out on from the old SMs and that's not fair either. Those who started after it was gone can't get the Superman DD zone emblem and related feat. Not everyone gets everything.....I think that would be boring anyway. Now those things are gone-gone...even if I wanted to throw 1000's of dollars at them (I wouldn't....but 'if'). Like it or not, the TC feats are still attainable, some more than others, and some moreso since the quark vendor (also a rip off....but it's there).

From a completionist point of view I get it....from a game play point of view that 30-65 points you 'can't' ever get is not the end of the world. If you have the other 420-450 SP in the game you are doing just fine.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

You don't need to tell me about how to work things into your favor to get most of the feats, I've already stated this myself, in my previous posts. Nothing about this is news on my part, as previously stated.

The whole point I again brought up is that not everybody have been there for each and every TC to do that, for those coming back or those new fellers (oh yeah, every once in a while new players join the ranks. It's surprising, I know) and those very players struggle much more with pricing than what some want to realize, because they weren't here to play Stockbroker Online when the stuff was hot.

That's completely irrelevant to the current issue we're discussing. It's not even in the slightest the fraction of an issue as the one being discussed.

And not once in the history of Ever have I in any of my posts regarding this situation in this thread stated that we should be able to get everything. You're reading what's not there to read rather than actually focusing on what I am saying.

Just to make it perfectly clear to you he actual point I am bringing in regards to all this: I want the TC process to slow down, so that the SP-inflation tied to TC's doesn't become much bigger in future years to come, as it will eventually create potentially larger issues. If the current gap between TC releases becomes more of a standard in the future, it's a good start. Lowering the Feat Total in future TC-releases is also a viable, welcome approach.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For those who missed out, there's Resurgence, Old Capsules they can open and Second Chance vendor. And since it looks like they are slowing things down (Yeah, nothing is written in stone...but it looks that way), people will have a chance to catch up. Personally I think they should start 2020 on the right foot and just eliminate feats from TCs altogether...but if wishes were horses, we'd all be riding.