Updated Count of SP from Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Aug 24, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They only released 2 Time Capsules this year, last year it was 4. The math isn't hard.

An average of 3 releases a year. Each capsule has an average of 4 SP.
    • Like x 2
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

This year isn't over yet, might wanna count that in on your math, lol.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I think he did the math...

• Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

With or without a TC scheduled for late 2019, with an average of 3 TCs a year and an average of 4.37 SP, it would still take 3 years. How many episodes do you think they'll push out in that time?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Again, feel free to go back and count the total amount of feats within Episodes over a year, versus the total amount of feats within TC's over that year.

The SP-inflation within TC's is an issue whether you like it or not, and if they don't keep slowing it down it will become a bigger issue than it already is.
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

why dont they get that??...simple enough idea...but some players babble defend this like broken abused wives at every turn...
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Because some players actually like being able to buy progression. It's evident everytime this topic comes up and it's even more evident in terms of Artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Honestly I don't know anymore. At one point we used to have a firm stance against practices like this but DB distracted players with new shinys and the players folded like a lawn chairs. Their wallets were bigger than their sense. It's sad when you look at it and I don't see things changing unless new people are in charge.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't need to count the episode feats from one year or another to know there's more feats in an episode than TC. You can just open up the UI and look.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

More feats in total if you are going to count in all of the content, yeah, but that's not what I am asking. If you compare just the Episode-feats from when TC's was introduced, you'll actually see what I am talking about, unless of course you are intentionally trying to ignore it. With the rate we have had TC's up until now, it needs to slow down one way or another. Whether it be fewer TC-releases or less feats in them.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you don't want to do it yourself I can put a graph together on Tuesday.
  12. Brit Loyal Player

/shrug. I was within 7 feats of being capped out, back in the pre-Megaservers days. This was when we bought power changes to get the Tank/Controller/Healer at 30 feats and the Role Exclusive styles, and we did Movement Changes so that we could complete the Race feats for each movement style. We were dropping $20 to pick up 1 skill point, trying to squeak every bit of power out of our characters we could.

These days, skill point inflation has continued to introduce them at a faster rate than they are needed. The Justice League Dark episode, for example, introduced 13.1 new Skill Points worth of feats. And yet, the skill points required to max your role only increased by 10 Skill Points per episode. And during the time period of the JLD episode, we've also had 1.95 new Skill Points just from the seasonals that overlapped. If you do the incredibly easy seasonals, you've really only got to do barely over half of the Episode feats and you're keeping pace to stay maxed for your role.

I have had no problem keeping my skill points capped for my role, and I have never spent one cent on a Stabilizer. I run my daily Stabilizer event, I open exactly 15 of each time capsule to get the feat for opening enough, and then I had to the Broker and buy all remaining pieces of the normal and enhanced style that I'm missing. And if I didn't pull the rare piece of the collection from the 15 that I opened, I do not bother. I am not spending $100 or a 100 million in-game currency just to get one style piece and one feat that really doesn't amount to a drop in the bucket.

I understand the completionist attitude from people who want them all. That seemed to be SOE's approach. And back then, players used to complain that they felt "forced" to do PvP or Races or whatever portion of the game they did not enjoy, because if you were not at least close to full, you could not max out your role. There were annoying Skill Point checks from overbearing players who used them as a benchmark for whom they were willing to run with, so you had to do all those long, annoying, grindy ones like "Run 500 Solo Challenges" and "Complete 100 Bounties" and "Win 250 PvP Australia". Daybreak seems to have taken an about face on this. They introduce new feats across all sources at a much faster rate than they are actually needed, so that it is not remotely necessary to do everything. Players can pick and choose how they want to play, and still keep up on their stats.

Some players are so fixated on the fact that there are 65 skill points in Time Capsules that they miss the fact you can now max your role and weapon with something like 240 skill points, while there are almost 400 potential skill points available. The Daybreak approach seems to be about making the game more user friendly, especially for new players who might not be able to squeeze every single feat out of every single old, abandoned, defunct raid. Skill points have intentionally become easier to obtain, the same way that the older tier gear has become easier to obtain, because players need a certain amount of them to be able to play effectively at the endgame, but gone are the days when anyone was required, expected, or even encouraged to get them all.

This isn't pokemon, folks. If you've already got more than enough, then you can skip whatever you don't like, whether that's PvP, or Time Capsules, or Collections, or whatever. It is not only acceptable not to have every single skill point, it is expected.
    • Like x 7
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Skill points were never really about skill - they were not called skill points because they needed skill to get but because they were used to add to your skills

BUT 80% of Skill (now Stat) points took more effort (e.g playing a lot, gathering a lot etc) compared to TC ones that seem to be more about luck or money.. so i get where you are coming from but just wanted to clarify

I actually thought it was more than 14 - so i'm even more proud of my 430+ :D - I hate PVP so i have 90% of those left :(
    • Like x 4
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

I guess most ppl don't have a Problem with missing out a few stat Points or something like that.
    I guess most have a Problem with the System behind it. The simple fact that it's behind a Paywall paired with RNG.

WIthout TCs I would even consider coming back. But I really just don't want to support those games. :D
  15. Brit Loyal Player

I don't have a problem missing out on some stat points, considering I have max ranks in the ones I actually need for my role without even touching time capsules. Somehow I suspect that my Healer will be able to survive without the need to max his Vitalization.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

That's what I'm Kind of saying.
    Personally I didn't have Problems with missing SP (You don't "Need" like 100% SP), but for me it's the System I just hate with Passion :D
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Count the feats attached to all episodes since TC's became a thing and compare it to the number attached to TC's in total currently. If you can't see how that is a problem then I don't know what to tell you.

Saying it's not a problem because there are more SP's in total attached to content in general is a copout excuse. Just imagine if TC's were introduced sooner with the rate that they have given us them until now.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What is the purpose of making this thread?

Are you for or against this?

It's hard to tell.
    • Like x 1
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Probably to antagonise us. OP loves TC's.
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

65 is a lot, and can make a difference if you want to run say elite raids or Survival Mode. What's sounds more impressive, 400 or 465? In reality you have your main stat maxed out but those 65 extra sp could help in another stat like extra health.

Anyone that says it doesn't matter for me, I do notice the difference, certain attacks I see people go down, and that extra health have helped me live through it, health might be low, but I still survive. 65 is quite a bit, so don't know where people saying it's not game changer. Maybe not but that is extra 65 is a difference in stats.
    • Like x 2