Leaping as new movement choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Critical Massacre, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I think they should add a leaping movement to the game similar to how Doomsday, or Wonder Woman (some versions) travels. It would be to acrobatics what skimming is to flight. Same as acrobatics except instead of zip line you progressively leap further until, you know, you leap over tall buildings in a single bound. Seems kind of relevant to DC. I played an old Hulk game that had the movement down pretty good, just copy that.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rainnifer Committed Player

That movement style would not really work out for most instances and roofed areas.
    • Like x 5
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it might be kind of challenging to make it work for the races, as well.

I loved the Super Leap movement ability in CO, but it could just be too much of a task to try and bring it here.
    • Like x 2
  4. Lugo Well-Known Player

No movement style works in instances because you're always ALWAYS grounded in combat for some reason.

Edit: Not to mention that someone could make this exact same argument for flight.

But, OP, this gets suggested a lot, it's just the devs don't have the creativity to make this work. However it seems like it would be really cool to be jumping, double jumping and flipping around huge cities and crashing down on enemies and stuff.
  5. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Yeah I agree, not a lot of reason for the major movements during an instance. The basic advanced movement would be the running type of acrobatic which most people prefer for instances. I think the leaping would be fun in the cities because I love the leaps at super speed and when you get knocked back a few blocks by those sentries outside of the villain bases.
  6. Neph Dedicated Player

I like the idea of alternate forms of movements, this type of acro would be best utilized in open world, but it can work in small spaces too, you could lung forward through the narrow hallways instead of using the grapple.