Am I missing something regarding Exobyte crafting?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JustAPrinnyDood, Aug 24, 2019.

1. JustAPrinnyDood New Player

I completed the R&D mission about 20 levels ago and was never rewarded the plans from what I can tell. It's not in my inventory or my bank and I never used them because I can only create Exobytes and Soder.
    On top of that the game is telling me I cannot craft a Solid MK 1 Exobyte because I lack a Flawed Mk 1 Exobyte, which I have in my inventory as well as the Exo-Material.

I contacted customer support for help and they're encouraging me to ask the community for a "better understanding of gameplay content."

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Do you have them locked? (A little asterisk over the icon) If so, unlocking them may let you use them.
    • Like x 1
  3. JustAPrinnyDood New Player

An asterisk over what exactly?
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When we switched from Old Mods to New Mods, everyone in game was granted all of the plans. The fact that you seem to be able to go the Crafting Screen and see the recipe for a Solid MK 1 Exobyte says to me that it's probably not a problem with the plans.

Aside from you posting screencaps from your inventory and and crafting UI, I'm not sure how much any of us can help other than the basics:
    -Make certain that it's actually a Flawed MK 1 Exo. They can all look alike, especially if text is small on your screen.
    -Double check your inventory on the crafting screen. When you look at that recipe, it should say X/1 where X is the number of those particular Exos you have in your personal inventory. Same with the Exo-Materials.
    -Make sure you're actually using the Solid MK 1 Recipe. You might have some old recipes under your archives; for instance, my list starts at Solid MK 10 these days.
    -And while you sound pretty sure that you did the original mission 20 levels ago, did you finish it? Is it maybe waiting to be completed in your Hidden Quests tab?

That's everything I can think of. If none of this helps, I'd consider posting some screenshots. If it is indeed a bug, photo proof will help the devs track it down.
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If the icon has an asterisk on the top corner it means it's locked. So you can't throw it way by mistake. But it also means you might not be able to use it to craft until you unlock it.

Not my image, but this shows one of the Promethium Lockboxes with one on it.

[IMG]
  6. JustAPrinnyDood New Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

If you see something I don't please tell me.

My Hidden Quests tab is empty. Not 100% certain what the entirety of the quest was but I'm fairly certain I completed it after speaking to Donovan in the Hall of Doom. I remember turning in the quest and not getting a notification telling me I got anything after.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did you try splitting your stack of exobytes? Maybe one of them is bugged but not the other.
    • Like x 1
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hmm. Everything looks square. I can't see any good reason why it wouldn't work.

I think Lorax's suggestion bears trying. You never know what might glitch out.

Another thought: Augments unlock at level 25 now. Have you gotten your Augments and placed them into your character yet? It's all interconnected, so maybe that's what's gating your progress.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Hopefully Mepps or someone will see this and will help you find a solution if none of those things work.
    • Like x 1
  9. JustAPrinnyDood New Player

So it seems the issue was resolved after getting a Flawed MK 1 Exobyte through salvaging.

Thank you everyone for your help!
    • Like x 3
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

I did nothing, but I'll take full credit.

Don`t mind me, I`m training to become a politician.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Look kid, let me tell u something they wont.. assuming your a brand new players id tell u not to waste tome modding gear.
    Just focus on sp n styles and run the events until January, in January they’ll give everyone a skip to 200+ cr booster. Then once ur at current cr running current dlc then id say if your bored mod your gear.

I think so many new players get upset and turn away from the game because they’re dealing with new stuff within the months of leveling that us long time players got over the years the game evolved. Ik modding has been there since day 1 , but its a time consuming frustrating thing that honestly in 2019 isn’t needed
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You must be a returning player. Gear mods were removed and replaced with Augments. You don't have to craft anything for your gear anymore.
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Lol goes to show u nobody mods there gear anymore lol... either way i stand firm saying either buy a skip or wait until January, imagine starting fresh right now and looking at the on duty menu n seeing 10yrs worth of dlc that u can only play if u buy legendary or buy, then youll go legendary just to find that it takes 20mins to find a battle for earth or even the titans dlc group.

Imo we’re so far into the game that i think it would b good business that every new account gets a free atleast 150 skip, i think thered b a better chance of people sticking around if they didn’t have to start at base n stare at almost a decade of content they’re behind on