Test Discussion Episode 35: Scarlet Speedster Solo

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone! Welcome to the official feedback page for the Metal Part I solo! Please note that this solo is also an operation.

There is an Event version in addition to a Normal version of the solo. It would be fantastic to get feedback for both! So please, as usual, leave any notes, critiques, bugs, or general feedback you have while playing.

Thanks! Keep your head on a swivel out there!
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    The Metal Part 1 mission says "To queue for and complete the Metal Pt . 1: Scarlett Speedster 1-Player Operation and investigate the red storms that envelope Central City".

I completed the the solo (Normal mode). Do I need to do something else to finish this?
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    When the Metal Storm starts appearing in Central City, the mission text updates to be "Be Wary of Metal Transformation" and "Continue Helping Those in Need". Is that supposed to replace the original objective pointers? It is going to be a pain keeping track of how many of each objective you need to complete if you can't see the current completion count.
  4. TLantern Developer

You won't need to keep track of anything. Engage with a couple more encounters (whichever you prefer) with the criminals and Oracle/Calculator will inform you what to do next.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    On the last fight, what is the purpose of the 9 "orbs" that occasionally appear? There is a countdown timer on them, but it wasn't immediately apparent to me what they were supposed to do.
  6. Eve YouTuber

I did the solo, but it didn't count on my journal. Also, I recorded it, so one time when there were text Oracle wasn't talking.
    I mean I heard nothing, but the text clearly means she was supposed to talk. I think it was near the end of the solo,
    I will check my recordings.
  7. inferno Loyal Player

Same thing on the solo, won't complete in journal. I thought i missed something so i did it again but this time on the event version and still nothing. Definitely did not miss anything. Oracle told me to leave, fer sure.

I was able to interact with the orbs to shut some down. I didn't check the feat list so I'm not sure the purpose. I think it explodes and does some damage but on event nor in regular it was dismissable.
    • Like x 2
  8. inferno Loyal Player

Also, in CC when initially given the missions, youre given a number of times needed to accomplish certain deeds but i was only halfway when they all started going metal. Not sure if intended.
  9. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Confirming what others have said. Ran the solo but did not get the promised rewards (weapon box, 5 dark coins or whatever they are), just a coin, a regular loot box, and a green catalyst of some sort. When I left the mission, Oracle came on with the same voice over from the start. In my journal, I have to reset to get new loot, but the mission does not register as completed. When I go to the open world area, I cannot get missions from anyone. I ran the solo twice -- same results both times.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Adding to what others have said, finishing the mission (by beating the boss at the end) rewards you the Members loot chest but it does not advance the mission in your journal (so you don't get those rewards either). I used some Replays to run it a 2nd time to verify and it did not complete either time.

Once you zone out you get the same v/o from Oracle you got at the beginning of the mission.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We should have the solo completion fixed for tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zamara Dedicated Player

Think it was nice to have some mechanics added to the boss fights, however they both seemed too forced in my opinion.
    First there's that orb that follows you in the mirror master fight, to me it seemed like it came out of nowhere, no explanation of where it came from it just popped up midfight, and there seemed to be no way to get rid of it, first attempt i died because my health was gone before i could even see the orb pop up. Second attempt i put on a shield to see if i could mitigate some of the damage and it barely made any difference, since there didn't seem to be a way to get rid of it i had to constantly be rolling away from it, only way i was able to get through the fight was by popping sodas, supplies and shield every time they were available, and even then it got to a point where i was more busy rolling away from the orb and trying to not take damage from it than fighting the actual boss. The orb seemed to be taking like 10% - 20% of my health every tick.

The part where we had to fix the rogues' posters I think I might have missed something because I couldn't figure out what we were supposed to do, like the posters were switching places but they seemed random, ended up getting through it after interacting with them in different orders like 8 times.

In the last boss were we supposed to do something with the orbs or just avoid touching them? When I saw the timer over them i thought we were supposed to interact with them so i got next to them trying to see if an interact button would pop up but then they exploded, figured we weren't mean to be near them. That last boss was definetly way easier than mirror master.

That was the T9 version BTW, CR 270, 374 SP, maxed out points on might and 50 points on health. Was using maxed out artifacts too (philosopher's stone, omegahedron and the tetrahedron).
  13. myandria Item Storage

Update:

The solo mission still does not advance your journal upon completion and only rewards the small rewards box.
  14. Spyeedy Active Player

I believe you have to take reference of the order from the posters on the nearby walls.
  15. Spyeedy Active Player

can confirm that, I just completed the solo, it doesn't complete the mission in the journal
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Journal entry does not advance on Villain side either. Also, are there feats missing from the solo? I did not see any in the feat menu. I figure there has to be something for completing with each one of the Rogue's tech.

After I get to the transformation part outside the Flash museum, there are civilians I can click on. They just fall over. Also felt the Mirror Master fight seemed pretty hard as well on regular. There are some civilians inside the museum crouching. Are we supposed to be able to interact with them?

I had bombs on the last fight after selecting Piper and it said the Rogue tech would help, but I wasn't sure what I needed to be doing. But I would see his tech activated. I did it again on Event and selected Cold. I didn't really see much affect the speed force orbs and when they exploded I was knocked down and had some health loss. I didn't really see that after selecting Piper.
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug Report:

After I defeated Mirror Master and the teleporter to the Flash Museum opened up, 1 further wave of Prismatic Mirrors spawned.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Calculator still gave the mission update instructing you to complete the solo after completing the solo. Additionally, very easy to fly over the mobs.

Still not sure what the advantage of the Rogue techs are. Tried Heat Wave this time.
  19. SilkyPawz Bunny

This Solo after running it 3 to 4 times it doesn't complete, it's very annoying and a blatant reskin of the Flash Duo, for the reward it is waaayyy to long. This Solo is not fun at all or worth even running other then once for the pointer mission!

When we wait for a new DLC and then get this it's the Flash Duo made into a solo, how can Time Capsule style and Auras be nicer then a Long Waited for New DLC. It's just sad, the Solo the Alert and one of the raids is all a reskin it just makes me sad :(
    • Like x 2
  20. Gromm865s Active Player

Ran the mission, the "Open World" area boss, after defeating I was unable to choose loot. Entering the museum, no text, nothing said what to do. I ended up running around looking for something to trigger the next phase then found the room with flash, which triggered the text and also during the cut scene is the first chance I was able to collect the loot from the first boss.

The banners were confusing, after collecting the spare parts and putting them on the broken piece, no text of what to do next, just the 3 cogs on the banners. I eventually figured it out but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Last boss, I was unable to interact with any of the orbs placed and he seemed way to easy to stun and pull in tank role. Made for a really easy fight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.