New Artifact Ranks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sharpy36, Aug 21, 2019.

1. L T Devoted Player

If they do it, I don't know why anyone would expect it to happen at any time other than right before the levels get increased, exactly as it's happened in the past.

I don't see it as a cash grab. To me, it's a nice way to let players who don't have maxed out artifacts catch up. If you're a player who has 6 maxed out artifacts right now, double weekends are not your thing. If your artifacts are at 80 or 120, then double weekends are a really nice thing when they happen.
    • Like x 4
  2. sharpy36 Active Player

Sounds to me like you're just trying to be a contrarian at this point. This has gone on quite a tangent and has completely strayed away from the crux of my real desire stated in my 3rd post. End the discussion here and let the devs share their thoughts.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lol ok.
    [IMG]
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We specifically wanted folks to know about the upcoming changes before the next double artifact XP weekend, so that everyone can choose to participate or not knowing full well what's coming.
    • Like x 7
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

so, there will be one soon?
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

when is the level going to be raised? with the next DLC? with the weapon balance pass? metal part 2? next year?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everything is going on test together so I assume everything is going live with Metal I.
    • Like x 3
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

cant wait for test server to be updated soon ^^
    Hopefully, they do not rush weapon balance out
    after some last minute changes like the revamp,
    readjustments did overkill the playstyle stats...
  10. zappi New Player

It is already clear how much xp one needs to get from 160 to 200 ???
  11. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

assuming theres a 180 & a 200 breakthrough, that means ppl with venom dispenser getting a free leap to 200 are being rewarded a automatic skillpoint & no need to buy completion seals..? seems a bit unfair to the ppl that werent cheesing that will now have to still get an artifact to 200 & possibly 180 for a skillpoint, & have to buy 2 completion seals because the breakthrough rate will be abysmal. just my opinion.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Uh... Maybe if you weren't so busy being unnecessarily concerned about VWD users you would have noticed that there's another gift that can get an artifact up to rank 80...complete with a Seal of completion. So if you don't need to rank up a new artifact you can use that towards getting another one close to 180. Also, there's nothing unfair here... VWD users are getting their artifact nerfed after they had already spent money on getting it to whatever rank they're sitting at (very likely 160). The Devs are basically apologizing for the bad taste they are leaving these players with... Something that they didn't do for Eye of Gemini users when they got their artifact nerfed (see how mad those players got).
  13. Brit Loyal Player

But... why not? If you don't care about waiting and saving your Nth Metal after the level increase, then do exactly that. It's not like Double Nth Metal XP is a one time thing. Heck, it's not even an Annual Event. This cycles through multiple times per year. If you don't mind waiting for the next one, then wait for the next one.

This is like saying "Please don't have a Memorial Day sale because the thing I want to buy doesn't come out until the next month. I don't mind waiting for the Black Friday sale." Dude, how is it any different to just let them have both?
    • Like x 1
  14. sharpy36 Active Player

It's almost exactly like that. I certainly didn't expect them to change their plans, but it doesn't/shouldn't hurt to ask.